• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

YukiOnna

I do wonder how people play in their phones.
Still think they should kill phone support. But then again I don't have a phone...

I use Dualsense on PC almost exclusively, for all games with a controller option. I have my gaming PC hooked up to my OLED in my living room and play from the couch. M+KB has never been my preferred control scheme outside of MMOs, even though I can agree that mouse aiming is far superior to controller. Genshin and Honkai were the last 2 games that I play that didn't support Dualsense, so I had to keep a DS4 around just for them. The latest few patches patched in Dualsense support for both finally.
People who play MMO's with a controller scare me.

crumbs

I play exclusively on the PC with an Xbox controller, but I'm a reformed console gamer that didn't really play much on the PC until about 6-7 years ago. I'm too lazy and old to bother with getting good with a M+K :messenger_grinning_sweat: I also don't play any competitive multiplayer games either.

deanote666

I was a little worried about that and I think Enka suffered a little for it. The puzzles themselves are smoothbrain-tier, so they try to add the difficulty in finding things to begin with. My only complaint about the zone was how hidden some of the stuff was, in a way you'd never find it just by random exploration. I don't mind stuff being tucked out of the way, but like a good example is that vishap experimentation facility. It's not on the map, the only way to get there is via teleport bubble, but at least you can see a big chunk of land and kinda put 2+2 together to get to it. Some of those underground areas that you enter via a tiny sliver in the wall that blends in with the other walls though, that was a bit much. Especially considering that the stuff behind it was either plot/subquest relevant or a piece of a quest chain.

Genshin is like Fate and Azur Lane due to its popularity. Fantastic fanarts all around. I only wish that like 70% of the R18 stuff wasn't the girls (and Venti) getting 'churled'.
The seelie show you where most of the hidden areas are. ;)

You need to play Gravity Rush. Gotta get used to gliding down next to floating islands looking for anything interesting.

deanote666

Still think they should kill phone support. But then again I don't have a phone...

People who play MMO's with a controller scare me.
I'm a phone only user since I don't want that kernel level program running on my computer. Haven't heard anything like that running on android.

My home internet doesn't support the 24gb+ downloads every 40 or so days to run it on PS4.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm a phone only user since I don't want that kernel level program running on my computer. Haven't heard anything like that running on android.

My home internet doesn't support the 24gb+ downloads every 40 or so days to run it on PS4.
That's been gone since like the first month.
The seelie show you where most of the hidden areas are. ;)

You need to play Gravity Rush. Gotta get used to gliding down next to floating islands looking for anything interesting.
I played both Gravity Rush games. I don't feel that this is really the same kind of thing. I do agree that Seelies will guide you in the right direction, but the things I'm talking about were not anywhere near a seelie nor it's path.

deanote666

That's been gone since like the first month.
I had it installed but every time I poked it, it wanted a 24gb download. I think it pulled one down automatically when the PS4 was in standby but it still wanted another one of that size.

When I say my internet can't handle it, I have a 3mbs download speed with a 150gb data cap.

Pejo

I had it installed but every time I poked it, it wanted a 24gb download. I think it pulled one down automatically when the PS4 was in standby but it still wanted another one of that size.

When I say my internet can't handle it, I have a 3mbs download speed with a 150gb data cap.
Damn, why not get a hotspot plan for your phone or Starlink?

I have a 3mbs download speed with a 150gb data cap.
Pouring Music Video GIF by Post Malone

Pejo

At last Yae Mama

EDIT: If you can't tell, I want her

I'm not always a fan of the EN voice actors, but I think they nailed Yae's EN VA. Hopefully her story quest gives us a lot of lore. Shame they had to retrofit her with a diaper, but I'm still rollin'. Been saving up since Shenhe and I have enough for a pity, here's hoping the 50/50 is kind.

b2nxH35.jpg

YukiOnna

I'm not always a fan of the EN voice actors, but I think they nailed Yae's EN VA. Hopefully her story quest gives us a lot of lore. Shame they had to retrofit her with a diaper, but I'm still rollin'. Been saving up since Shenhe and I have enough for a pity, here's hoping the 50/50 is kind.

b2nxH35.jpg
I haven't heard it but I'm glad they nailed it for her at least. I'm really looking forward to both story quests this time around. Good luck! I have saved a bit above the 50/50 so hope it works out nicely.

Also, think the last person talking about her is Ioroi.

Saber

Is not total miss the infusion. Its fits Ayaka infusion style, not to mention his artwork. Now if its gonna be a skill or not...questionable.

Pejo

Is not total miss the infusion. Its fits Ayaka infusion style, not to mention his artwork. Now if its gonna be a skill or not...questionable.
For me at least, this kit sounds even less interesting than the Kendo stance stuff. It's basically budget Kazuha but Hydro.

Dregnel

2-pc: +18% Attack

4-pc: When casting an elemental burst, the character gains 8% Attack. Subsequently, for each time the character loses HP, an additional +10% attack is gained, for a maximum of 4 stacks, lasting 16 seconds. This is effect is lost the moment the character leaves the field.

leakers: "new set for xiao"

people who pulled for zhongli to prevent xiao from losing HP:

Kermit Suicide GIF

BlackM1st

Banned
2-pc: +18% Attack

4-pc: When casting an elemental burst, the character gains 8% Attack. Subsequently, for each time the character loses HP, an additional +10% attack is gained, for a maximum of 4 stacks, lasting 16 seconds. This is effect is lost the moment the character leaves the field.

leakers: "new set for xiao"

people who pulled for zhongli to prevent xiao from losing HP:

Kermit Suicide GIF
Still shit.

Time for Ayato's kit leak version 3. I'm going to laugh if none of these end up being right.

ujum8belz0h81.jpg
Looks like he's gonna suck too No more broken characters, eh? Oh, what a shame ;3

ayaka-kamisato-ayaka.gif

Pejo

Man, that furniture we get from the Kichiboushi event doesn't even transform into a tanuki or anything, it's just literally a stone. Cheap asses. I didn't hate that event. Beats the "trade 5 sweet flowers to the clown" event and that's run what, 3 or 4 times now?

Also finished up my time gated hidden quests, wonder what the implications of the "boatman" are? They mention that he's a man dressed in golden fur with a golden crown that takes them to the moon. Is this some sort of connection with Celestia? Is it related to the stars being fake? Or is it just a one off "dunno LOL" moment? We already know that according to Hu Tao's quest, there's supposedly an underworld where Liyue people go. Does that mean that each culture has a different endgame for the afterlife, or are they all just different avenues for getting to Celestia, or what?

I'm also really bummed that after you finish that quest, all the ghosts are gone from Tsurumi. What a waste of a perfectly spooky island to not only lose the fog eventually, but also the ghosts. Now it's just generic Inazuma island #6.

It'd be cool if we had a way to change the condition of the islands at will.

*edit*

Not bad, not bad at all.

58b18as9p1h81.jpg

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I kinda wonder how she gets in/out of it.

Maybe some parent help? I remember my brother's girlfriend helping him wearing his custom costume for the carnaval here in Rio. Is not easy putting without damage the costume.

YukiOnna

Man, that furniture we get from the Kichiboushi event doesn't even transform into a tanuki or anything, it's just literally a stone. Cheap asses. I didn't hate that event. Beats the "trade 5 sweet flowers to the clown" event and that's run what, 3 or 4 times now?
"Spymon" and "Byemon" have more value than that furniture.
Also finished up my time gated hidden quests, wonder what the implications of the "boatman" are? They mention that he's a man dressed in golden fur with a golden crown that takes them to the moon. Is this some sort of connection with Celestia? Is it related to the stars being fake? Or is it just a one off "dunno LOL" moment? We already know that according to Hu Tao's quest, there's supposedly an underworld where Liyue people go. Does that mean that each culture has a different endgame for the afterlife, or are they all just different avenues for getting to Celestia, or what?
It would be cool if each culture/nation has a different set of rules for the afterlife due to the Archon since going by Inazuma and Liyue, they have different mythical beings and adepti/kami. But then again, I don't think Celestia serves as that kind of afterlife.

Pejo

"Spymon" and "Byemon" have more value than that furniture.

It would be cool if each culture/nation has a different set of rules for the afterlife due to the Archon since going by Inazuma and Liyue, they have different mythical beings and adepti/kami. But then again, I don't think Celestia serves as that kind of afterlife.
Yea the lore states that only the special few get to go to Celestia, but that would also imply that the afterlife for each various belief system is separate from the rest, which is interesting in a world as small as Teyvat. They had the perfect opportunity to do another "LIYUE IS THE BEST ESPECIALLY LIYUE AFTERLIFE" and they didn't take it. Curious what the gold fur was referencing though, they talked about it many times throughout the quests.

So Genshin had Anniversary-gate this year, and look what Honkai is doing:

FLN0ZvkXMAIQb61

3 months of rewards and what amounts to 2 free 5*s in Genshin in a selector, amongst other rewards.

YukiOnna

Yea the lore states that only the special few get to go to Celestia, but that would also imply that the afterlife for each various belief system is separate from the rest, which is interesting in a world as small as Teyvat. They had the perfect opportunity to do another "LIYUE IS THE BEST ESPECIALLY LIYUE AFTERLIFE" and they didn't take it.
I'm actually surprised they held back on giving Liyue all the Buddhist/Tao motifs (or maybe I just missed it) while Inazuma has that and Shinto pretty much everywhere.

They're going to retcon that in now after checking GAF and your brilliant suggestion btw.

Curious what the gold fur was referencing though, they talked about it many times throughout the quests.

So Genshin had Anniversary-gate this year, and look what Honkai is doing:

FLN0ZvkXMAIQb61

3 months of rewards and what amounts to 2 free 5*s in Genshin in a selector, amongst other rewards.
I joined properly at the right time huh? Nice.

Pejo

Damn you YukiOnna YukiOnna , look what you've done.

15qv09jwl5h81.jpg

*edit*

Also, say hi to your 2.5 banners. Neither of them are that bad honestly other than the Rainslasher and whoever that is directly to the left of Fischl. This is the first time we've seen the Prinzessin der Verurteilung in a while.
1npwcl9u46h81.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be missing out on Fischl cons again. Otherwise the banner isn't favorable to me, so I consider myself lucky.

Shogun/Kokomi's banner is almost certain to have Kujou Sara. I'm hoping for Sayu too. Last one is Xinyan. Those are my predictions.

Ayato is very likely to come with Razor. He hasn't been on a banner since Kazuha's last year. I'm gonna predict Rosaria and Bennett as well.

Pejo

37 cards and 4k crystals? Might actually get durandal guaranteed
sweating key and peele GIF
You see there are more big changes to ER coming again too? Like the whole structure of the mode is changing. Also the 2 new bridge themes got pushed back to 5.6.

Looks like I'll be missing out on Fischl cons again. Otherwise the banner isn't favorable to me, so I consider myself lucky.

Shogun/Kokomi's banner is almost certain to have Kujou Sara. I'm hoping for Sayu too. Last one is Xinyan. Those are my predictions.

Ayato is very likely to come with Razor. He hasn't been on a banner since Kazuha's last year. I'm gonna predict Rosaria and Bennett as well.
I am a big fan of Sara's visual design, but she is nearly unusable in a team. I tried everything to make her fit somewhere, but that buff being only 6 seconds just absolutely ruins any potential she has as a buffer for anything other than Shogun's elemental burst. It's a shame her elemental burst is such a high energy cost, else you could build her on a Burst spam build. As it is, she's just teapot dressing.

k08dm445a6h81.jpg

crumbs

Unless Yae knocks my socks off in her trial, I'll be skipping and using my guaranteed pity on the Shogun. Already have Fischl as C6, so even if I did pull, I would end up with her at C10 or a bunch of useless Thoma cons.

Seeing the RainSlasher on the Weapons banner made me wonder: Do all 4 star weapons that are available on the Character and Standard banner have the same drop rate? I have enough Rainslashers and Lions Roars to R5 each several times over, but I've never pulled a Stringless or a Flute.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of Sara's visual design, but she is nearly unusable in a team. I tried everything to make her fit somewhere, but that buff being only 6 seconds just absolutely ruins any potential she has as a buffer for anything other than Shogun's elemental burst. It's a shame her elemental burst is such a high energy cost, else you could build her on a Burst spam build. As it is, she's just teapot dressing.
I used her initially with Shogun to farm friendship. Dropped her very quickly afterwards. From what I understood she's the best support for Shogun at C6. Not sure it's worth sacrificing a team slot on that when Shogun can be supported by many other, more flexible characters. My Sara's only at C1 though, and I somewhat invested in her so I'm not opposed to cons, even if I'll hardly use her.

It is a shame that they're focusing on such niche and one dimensional characters nowadays. I saw a comparison between Bennett and Yun Jin on YouTube today, and the dmg difference between the two was very small. That's just not right. Yun Jin should be outperforming Bennett by a lot since her dmg boost is so restricted. I don't know what they're thinking over at MHY.

You see there are more big changes to ER coming again too? Like the whole structure of the mode is changing. Also the 2 new bridge themes got pushed back to 5.6.
Yeah saw it, good change with rewards being scored based, so even if you fail a run (because of bitch heimdall or bitch clock), you still get rewards. APHO2 getting better as well.

crumbs

I'm finally getting around to finishing up the Enka stuff. At first I found it to be a nice change of pace, but after spending more time there, it's probably my least favorite region.

- There's some cool architecture and ruins, but the color palette is almost too grey and dreary. There isn't enough variety between the different sub regions, so wayfinding is trying to remember where things are in a sea of grey.
- Exploring is getting tedious as the need to find hidden stuff around the bottom portions of the islands requires a lot of gliding and teleporting back when unsuccessful.
- Switching between day and night to solve puzzles is also getting very old.
- Puzzles seem easier, although some have been more obscure to find/trigger, if that makes sense.
- The bathysmal vishaps hatchlings seem like they need more QA testing as they frequently get stuck on objects and I've had their AI just straight freeze up.

I appreciate the amount of lore, music, and the different aesthetics, but I'm looking forward to finishing this area up and not visiting it again.

Pejo

I'm finally getting around to finishing up the Enka stuff. At first I found it to be a nice change of pace, but after spending more time there, it's probably my least favorite region.

- There's some cool architecture and ruins, but the color palette is almost too grey and dreary. There isn't enough variety between the different sub regions, so wayfinding is trying to remember where things are in a sea of grey.
- Exploring is getting tedious as the need to find hidden stuff around the bottom portions of the islands requires a lot of gliding and teleporting back when unsuccessful.
- Switching between day and night to solve puzzles is also getting very old.
- Puzzles seem easier, although some have been more obscure to find/trigger, if that makes sense.
- The bathysmal vishaps hatchlings seem like they need more QA testing as they frequently get stuck on objects and I've had their AI just straight freeze up.

I appreciate the amount of lore, music, and the different aesthetics, but I'm looking forward to finishing this area up and not visiting it again.
I agree with most of your points, but I love the aesthetic of the region. The few areas with a bit of sunlight being lush and green were visual spectacles to me and created a nice contrast. The worst part for me personally was the fact you had to watch the damn cutscene every time you change night/day. I realize that the game needs an opportunity to load the differences, but maybe they should have designed the mechanic differently.

I was a little overwhelmed at first when I thought that I'd have to explore every area twice, once day, once night, but that never really was the case. The little glowy wispy areas would tell you if there's something in the other state, and 90% of the content existed only in "night" anyways since you had to interact with the shades.

On top of that, the lore bombs were some of the most extensive in the game so far, which carries a lot of weight in my eyes. I'll be excited to see Enka in 2.5 to see what it was like before it fell to ruin.

YukiOnna

I agree with most of your points, but I love the aesthetic of the region. The few areas with a bit of sunlight being lush and green were visual spectacles to me and created a nice contrast.
This was my favourite bit. When you'd find a small bit where organic life still existed.

But I liked the blue-ish grey hue to the area with Dainichi Mikoshi lighting it anyway. Gave it a otherworldly feel.

Top Bottom