• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Thoma is basically whats getting me worried(I mean, the guy is just a shield + shield with high cooldowns). But being like Fischl is a good thing in my book.
I took the "Thoma" part to mean that you get a Pyro pulse when you attack. I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere that Dehya has any sort of shield mechanic.

Fake

Gold Member
Was she like Zhongli, leaving a tomb 'like' pulsing pyro?

Unless she create a shield in the process instead of pulse.

The Fish comparison can be two things:

- She can relocate her elemental skill just like Fish does with Oz
Or
- Her burst is similar to Fish, more like a relocation skill. Maybe can damage on the process or create a shield

Last edited:

Pejo

New event: https://act.hoyolab.com/bbs/event/20230111ost/index.html

They play a snippet of a character's soundtrack, and you have to guess which character it goes with. Actually kinda fun. There's a limited amount of codes that can be generated, so get on this quick.
My god I did terrible at this. I kept thinking that the event OC song was Dori so I kept picking Dori. Even after I figured out how it worked, I still got them mostly wrong.
Was she like Zhongli, leaving a tomb 'like' pulsing pyro?

Unless she create a shield in the process instead of pulse.

The Fish comparison can be two things:

- She can relocate her elemental skill just like Fish does with Oz
Or
- Her burst is similar to Fish, more like a recolation skill. Maybe can damage on the process or create a shield
I'm guessing she leaves the tomb when she uses her skill or burst or whatever, then it "pulses" while you attack (with some sort of internal cooldown, probably 1 second or so), and that you can relocate the tomb by pressing the skill button again when you're on field as her.

Not what I particularly wanted to hear, but it might be good so I'll just wait.

Fuz

Banned

They play a snippet of a character's soundtrack, and you have to guess which character it goes with. Actually kinda fun. There's a limited amount of codes that can be generated, so get on this quick.
Tried to get 2 with another account (fun fact: put in a wrong email account and it just created a new account to let me play - no mail confirmation required. Funny when there's a limited amount of codes) but it won't let me use the second, so this is free for taking: CSQTJLZ3YRZR

ssringo

Gold Member

Those leaks sound fake. How often does it happen that they introduce characters that aren't available to play in that version? Baizhu is the only one I can think of, and he's a special case due to dendro. Only about a week left. Then we won't have to rely on rumors anymore.
Nice, thanks for this. Free primos are always welcome!

Did surprisingly good for someone that couldn't have identified a single one of these as even being from the game.
DYp51u4.jpg

Fuz

Banned
Better without, imho.

I don't dislike this design as much as the others - but things will change once it's fully modeled and gets all the usual cheap features.

ssringo

Gold Member
No glasses=no pull!

Seriously though, glasses are one of those attractions that I didn't really "get". Then one day it just clicked. Retroactively changed my view on quite a few people/characters attractiveness. It may or may not be Bayonetta's fault.

Homer Drool GIF

Pejo

No glasses=no pull!

Seriously though, glasses are one of those attractions that I didn't really "get". Then one day it just clicked. Retroactively changed my view on quite a few people/characters attractiveness. It may or may not be Bayonetta's fault.

Homer Drool GIF
I think it does a good job of differentiating the 3 of Ganyu/Shenhe/CR by showing her as the older "wiser" one. Fits the character and looks hella good.

Saber

I still don't understand what this implies.

"main dps"
"off field"
"transfiguration"

Confused Confusion GIF

If is something that I notes is that so far no one has being clear about her kit.
So...she gets HP scaling, but from her talent.
Also, shes dps even though her mechanic is off field? I'm still going with the idea from old leaks that she leaves some kind of "tomb" that deals damage. Transfiguration... does that mean weapon change or attack style?

Pejo

OK, OK... Hold up. It's still badly translated, but I found this, which at least explains a bit of how she works.

Dehya kit leaks https://nga.178.com/read.php?tid=34996505

Weapon

Attack power: 608
Criti rate: 33.1%
Effect: +(12%/15%/18%/21%/24%) All elemental DMG bonuses; For 10 seconds after the elemental burst is cast, Max HP is increased by (28%/35%/42%/49%/56%)
Kit

HP: 14800, Base attack: 268
Ascension Stat: Crit DMG
Normal attack (Level 10): General Attack Stage 1: 170.3% General Attack Stage 2: 173.7% General Attack Stage 3: 190.2% General Attack Stage 4: 252.7%
Elemental Combat Skills (Level 10):

Insert the claymore to create a creator. When a character in the realm of swordsman attacks to cause damage, a coordinated attack will be triggered, causing fire element damage, which can be triggered at most every 2 seconds.If Dehya is in the realm of swordsman, hold E can reclaim the swordsman and cause impact damage.

Coordinated attack damage: 143.5%

Impact damage: 363.9%

Swordsman Duration: 15 seconds

Cooldown time: 6 seconds

Elemental Outbreak (Level 10):

Dihia entered [awakening] and made an angry impact, causing fire elemental damage to the surroundings.Then it revolves around Dihia herself. The burning effect lasts for 8 seconds, and the burning will deal fire elemental damage to surrounding enemies every 0.5 seconds. Dihiya's tap elemental combat skills are converted to lion jump kicks, which rush forward for a distance and cause fire elemental range damage at the end position.

Fury Impact: 36.3% Max HP

Burn damage: 2.7% Max HP

Lion Jump kick damage: 23.1% Max HP

Lion Jump kick cooldown: 3.5 seconds

Awakening duration: 10 seconds

Elemental energy: 60

Cooldown time: 15 seconds

TALENT 1

Based on the upper limit of Dehya's health, increase the damage caused by her elemental outbreak, every 1000 health points can cause elemental burst damage is increased by 1.5%, and the damage increase obtained in this way cannot exceed 8% of Dehya's Attack

TALENT 2

Characters in the Swordsman realm have an 18% increase in Attack and an 18% increase in Max HP
So the HP thing is just bonus damage, caps at 8% of her ATK. Kinda like Ayato. So HP is just a "nice to have" not a mandatory thing.

This kit sounds...pretty awesome, if true of course.

Also, depending on if her pyro pulses or her autos do more damage, we may finally have a use for Candace? Infuse Dehya's normals with Hydro, unleash her burst, reverse vape every fire pulse?

Last edited:

Saber

OK, OK... Hold up. It's still badly translated, but I found this, which at least explains a bit of how she works.

So the HP thing is just bonus damage, caps at 8% of her ATK. Kinda like Ayato. So HP is just a "nice to have" not a mandatory thing.

This kit sounds...pretty awesome, if true of course.

Also, depending on if her pyro pulses or her autos do more damage, we may finally have a use for Candace? Infuse Dehya's normals with Hydro, unleash her burst, reverse vape every fire pulse?

Skill is kinda questionable.
The Skill looks like what the recent leaker said(she being like Fichl), but the cooldown? This cooldown is almost as short as Faruzan and Kaeya, not to mention its duration (15 seconds).
Burst looks interesting if true, make her like some kinda of fighting machine, would explain the dps part.
Also if her talent is true she will very destructive

Pejo

Skill is kinda questionable.
The Skill looks like what the recent leaker said(she being like Fichl), but the cooldown? This cooldown is almost as short as Faruzan and Kaeya, not to mention its duration (15 seconds).
Burst looks interesting if true, make her like some kinda of fighting machine, would explain the dps part.
Also if her talent is true she will very destructive
Yea it's almost too much for a modern MHY character. She does good damage, no split scaling (but gets bonus damage from HP). Good off-field pyro applicator, good on-field burst damage main, ATK and HP buffer. The cooldown is either pure fiction or a typo.

That's like Hyper Bennett and makes me think this is just somebody's hopium. Still, if i'm going to be lied to, I prefer it to be something nice until reality hits and slaps me down to hell.

crumbs

Finally hit AR60 today. Rewards were disappointing, as expected. You think they could at least give you a 10 pull of blue wishes considering the number of hours needed to hit AR60. That way you can celebrate the milestone with your 50th Rainslasher drop :messenger_expressionless:

Some random Genshin thoughts:

- Who the f*ck is Garcia and why haven't I received even one of his commissions in Sumeru? I've had my commissions set to Sumeru since 3.0 & haven't seen anything Garcia related yet. It's one of the remaining Sumeru reputation quests I have along with the Gourmet Supremos. Has anyone completed this quest string?
- Speaking of commissions: does it seem like there's even fewer unique commissions in Sumeru compared to the other regions?
- I don't care about TCG. I wish there was a way to completely toggle off any reference to it so that it doesn't appear in the quest menu or on the map screen.
- Unpopular opinion in this thread, but I kinda like the Ayaka skin, just not enough to buy it. Heap your scorn on me now.

Pejo

Finally hit AR60 today. Rewards were disappointing, as expected. You think they could at least give you a 10 pull of blue wishes considering the number of hours needed to hit AR60. That way you can celebrate the milestone with your 50th Rainslasher drop :messenger_expressionless:

Some random Genshin thoughts:

- Who the f*ck is Garcia and why haven't I received even one of his commissions in Sumeru? I've had my commissions set to Sumeru since 3.0 & haven't seen anything Garcia related yet. It's one of the remaining Sumeru reputation quests I have along with the Gourmet Supremos. Has anyone completed this quest string?
You won't get a Garcia daily until you do his world quest that starts at the Liyue Inn of all places.
- Speaking of commissions: does it seem like there's even fewer unique commissions in Sumeru compared to the other regions?
Yes and contrary to other regions, some days I never even get a "quest" type commission. Sometimes it's all a mix of battle/puzzle shit.
- I don't care about TCG. I wish there was a way to completely toggle off any reference to it so that it doesn't appear in the quest menu or on the map screen.
Eh. I still haven't dug into it after the first day, but I want to give it another chance when I have free time.
- Unpopular opinion in this thread, but I kinda like the Ayaka skin, just not enough to buy it. Heap your scorn on me now.
Will Smith Reaction GIF

SSfox

It's nice, not buying tho. My sister will and she is too impatient for it

PS: I'm trying to save for Yelan and Hoyo drop this lol

Pejo

It's nice, not buying tho. My sister will and she is too impatient for it

PS: I'm trying to save for Yelan and Hoyo drop this lol

"Short Trailer"

Poor manlet Xiao, he'll never learn.
avatars-Z23t0G0pJHLs7hyl-gF0LBA-t500x500.jpg

Low key though, Venti is becoming one of my favorite characters in the game related to lore. He's been really getting around lately, and he always seems to know something that nobody else does. Always hiding stuff. I am almost guaranteeing that we'll see a second Mondstadt chapter at some point before Celestia. Too bad Ei and Zhongli seem to get basically no content outside of their own nations major events, and even then it's tiny bits.

Saber

Low key though, Venti is becoming one of my favorite characters in the game related to lore. He's been really getting around lately, and he always seems to know something that nobody else does. Always hiding stuff.

Too bad most of people from his church are whiny bitches. The only understandable situation is with that weird fanboy of Barbara. The rest is like, wtf.
Now that I think about it...most of people from Mondstadt are unberable. Namelly Elon and Timmy family.

crumbs

If you finish* the Equivalent Exchange commission with Viktor in the Mondstadt church, you will get another commission where Viktor leaves Mondstadt. He will then eventually appear as a Daily Commission in Sumeru.

* By finish, you need to get the commission at least 3 times and ask Viktor about all 3 options for intel on the Fatui.

Fuz

Banned
If you finish* the Equivalent Exchange commission with Viktor in the Mondstadt church, you will get another commission where Viktor leaves Mondstadt. He will then eventually appear as a Daily Commission in Sumeru.

* By finish, you need to get the commission at least 3 times and ask Viktor about all 3 options for intel on the Fatui.
Porca madonna.

crumbs

t5nn8grftsba1.png

caabp9rftsba1.png

vfeoqorftsba1.png

hoykqhrftsba1.png
So 3.4 is going to be the story about all the illuminated ladies fighting over Donghli. First pic is Mystery Girl (Guizhong?) on the left, Ping on the right?

Second pic confirms "Glasses On" as the supreme option.

Last edited:
Low key though, Venti is becoming one of my favorite characters in the game related to lore. He's been really getting around lately, and he always seems to know something that nobody else does. Always hiding stuff.
I hate that kind of character. Like Yae Miko who thinks she's so clever for hiding common knowledge. Venti is not wise or mysterious. He's an asshole. We helped him cure his pet dragon's pimple, stole a lyre for him among other things, and how does he respond? By not telling us damn thing. Fuck off Venti, you suck and you're annoying.

Glasses look ugly in this game btw. They just float on the characters face mysteriously without temples. The lack of polygons makes them appear blocky. It looks unnatural and weird. But I guess I'll have to accept it either way.

Pejo

t5nn8grftsba1.png

caabp9rftsba1.png

vfeoqorftsba1.png

hoykqhrftsba1.png
One is super fucking disappointed. They took a 9/10 design from the concept art and ruined the fuck out of it.

Is that supposed to be Guizhong and Ping in the first one?

Man it took me almost 2 years to get the Viktor commission one time. Reading this is disheartening. Worst part is that I don't remember which option I chose last time...

I hate that kind of character. Like Yae Miko who thinks she's so clever for hiding common knowledge. Venti is not wise or mysterious. He's an asshole. We helped him cure his pet dragon's pimple, stole a lyre for him among other things, and how does he respond? By not telling us damn thing. Fuck off Venti, you suck and you're annoying.
I don't mean I like his character because he's purposefully playing stupid, I like it because it implies that there's a big truth or plot twist or something that lies ahead for us. And that there will be more Mondstadt in the storyline which is still one of my favorite nations. And unlike other archons, he actually gets out and interacts with the world. I'd love it if we saw more of Ei's day to day, or if she and Zhongli got more active in other nation's stuff. But Venti being consistently shown throughout, and him being a bard and tied in with 'time' somehow, it's kinda exciting if they don't fuck it up.
Glasses look ugly in this game btw. They just float on the characters face mysteriously without temples. The lack of polygons makes them appear blocky. It looks unnatural and weird. But I guess I'll have to accept it either way.
I don't like that they got rid of half the frames too. It looked good in the concept art.

*edit*

Wow, they put the two new characters on the same banner? That's unusual in this day and age.

clm0tp9cisba1.png

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I don't mean I like his character because he's purposefully playing stupid, I like it because it implies that there's a big truth or plot twist or something that lies ahead for us. And that there will be more Mondstadt in the storyline which is still one of my favorite nations. And unlike other archons, he actually gets out and interacts with the world. I'd love it if we saw more of Ei's day to day, or if she and Zhongli got more active in other nation's stuff. But Venti being consistently shown throughout, and him being a bard and tied in with 'time' somehow, it's kinda exciting if they don't fuck it up.

Venti only comes around when there is booze involved though.

Season 5 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

crumbs

Is that supposed to be Guizhong and Ping in the first one?
That's what I'm thinking. Unless it's a new character I don't remember them mentioning other female adepti.

Edit: Adding to this after rereading through Guizhong lore, it mentions her having billowing sleeves and her favorite flower being a glaze lily. The leaked pic mystery girl has billowing sleeves in the second pics with Zhongli and her clothing color scheme is similar to a glaze lily. In addition, Zhongli, Guizhong, and Cloud Retainer would eat at the table outside CR's abode, which seems to be what the 2nd pic is depicting.

I don't like that they got rid of half the frames too. It looked good in the concept art.

I kinda dig the half frames. With either style, I like how the red glasses correlate to the red coloring around her eyes when in her crane form.

Last edited:
Top Bottom