• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fake

Gold Member
Man, I was really hoping to put Wolf's Gravestone on her. Doesn't sound like that'll be a good fit. I don't want to have to pull for a signature weapon and the bell is hideous.

Wolf's Grave is the best Claymore on the game. I trying to get one since ages. Probably will fit for her, unless her HP scales are in the same level as the old EM scales from Alhaitham.

Dregnel

Man, I was really hoping to put Wolf's Gravestone on her. Doesn't sound like that'll be a good fit. I don't want to have to pull for a signature weapon and the bell is hideous.
idhhaqW.jpg

Don't waste your wishes on weapon banners.

Pejo

Was she 'mark' foes affected by burning? Or get marks from leaving foes with burning?

Maybe 'removing the mark' is the main source of her damage. That damage maybe can crit.
Nothing to do but wait and see. I'm not sure I trust much about the original leaks. There were pieces that were right, and obviously pieces that have changed. The Crit substat on her signature weapon does give me a bit of relief though, since it's a stat directly tied with damage, so she should be able to output SOME kind of damage, even if it's HP scaling.

Never know, I'm gonna guess her normals are ATK scaling like usual, so if you want to use her on field at all, Wolf's Gravestone will still be good for that. Now we have to hope MHY doesn't nerf her kit in a way that its detrimental to use her on field even a little.

Best case scenario at this point is that she has a self-imbue, for on-field use, but I'm not hopeful that she will. That means you have to choose to build her for her off-field elemental skill OR build her for physical damage as main DPS, where you basically are looking at Xinyan v2.0. She deserves better than only being a swap in/swap out character, just like Shenhe.

The HP scaling and Crit weapon reminds me of Yelan. Atk% is a literal waste on Yelan and I assume the same will be true for Dehya. I'm not determined enough to frankenstein my way to an on-field phys DPS Dehya.

Pejo

The HP scaling and Crit weapon reminds me of Yelan. Atk% is a literal waste on Yelan and I assume the same will be true for Dehya. I'm not determined enough to frankenstein my way to an on-field phys DPS Dehya.
Now that you mention it, I am getting a lot of Yelan vibes about her kit. Off-field it is, I guess. Unless she has a fun traversal mechanic too.

*edit*

Pretty good Nilou cosplay:

Bonus pic:
blqwccm6zhaa1.jpg

Last edited:
Now that you mention it, I am getting a lot of Yelan vibes about her kit. Off-field it is, I guess. Unless she has a fun traversal mechanic too.
Yelan is awesome, so if Dehya ends up similar that'd be pretty great. I'm just salty about my 5 star claymore. It would look so good on her. I have good Crimson Witch HP artifacts, but I wonder if Tenacity will be better for her. That would kinda suck though because you can't get those from the strongbox.

Well who knows, it could all be fake. Not too much longer now before we know more.

Saber

I sincerelly hope for that. My fear is that she either has low scaling or weird scalings(like having only one thing that scales hp).
I don't think I would use that hp claymore either...still acessing the situation, but clearly won't waste my time with weapon banners, never again.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Alhaitham's tune is a banger. A feeble scholar vibing with some trance.

They should do something better with each characters OST's. They are heavily wasted.

Saber

Gonna take a guess that the shockwaves from her skill do damage on a very low frequency(hence why is not good for burning) and her burst is 80 energy.

Not sure I get about scalings. Does that mean low scalings?

Not sure I get about scalings. Does that mean low scalings?
I'm seeing people comparing it to Yae Miko, who converts EM into a damage bonus for her turrets. At the time that was seen as really bad split scaling, but Sumeru has introduced many buffs to EM through artifact sets, buffing Yae as well.

Fontaine is the Hydro nation, and could possibly focus on HP scaling and sharing. If that happens it could buff Dehya in the future.

At this point so little is known that I'm just gonna wait and see.

Fake

Gold Member
Scaling are not the problem. The percente of scaling are.

Thats 'why' I ragequit Alhaitham. Thats EM scales are terrible and force people to get his 5* weapon.

Using him at full EM would be interessing.

Last edited:

Pejo

Is it even known if this is a 5 star skin? It doesn't look like it has unique idles or anything.
Confirmed 4*. The 5* stuff was just hopium and based off of the fact it had special "dust effect" when she does a plunging attack. There's a whole post about it on reddit, but it's boring as fuck.

Confirmed 4*. The 5* stuff was just hopium and based off of the fact it had special "dust effect" when she does a plunging attack. There's a whole post about it on reddit, but it's boring as fuck.
MHY must have thought long and hard about how they could make the skin even crappier.

I'm so pissed at this whole situation, but I realized why. The skin itself isn't even really the issue. It sucks, whatever, just don't buy it. The real problem is that they only make four of them every year. At this rate Ayaka will never get another skin again.

Make more skins MHY. At least a couple of them are bound to be good. Eventually.

Pejo

MHY must have thought long and hard about how they could make the skin even crappier.

I'm so pissed at this whole situation, but I realized why. The skin itself isn't even really the issue. It sucks, whatever, just don't buy it. The real problem is that they only make four of them every year. At this rate Ayaka will never get another skin again.

Make more skins MHY. At least a couple of them are bound to be good. Eventually.
exactly why I hated the censored costumes for the OG gang. Outside of Jean we'll likely never see the rest of them get anything good.

But you have to understand, small mom and pop company, they just don't have the resources of a random weeb with MMD.

crumbs

Skins are going to be the bellwether of MiHoYo's Genshin revenues. Once they start to drop, I bet we see a bunch of skins being released. It's baffling that we don't have something like a Zhongli archon skin available yet.

Pejo

This was kinda fun. It's a JP artist that draws Genshin characters without seeing them, based on various criteria. Ganyu and Nahida he heard somebody give a description of the character, Kaeya he just listened to the voicelines from the game and drew something from that. Pretty cool how he nailed a few things from each character, sight unseen.

Last edited:

Saber

Unsurprisingly, his designs are way better than hoyo's.
2Rce3.gif

I'm willing to bet this is all clown Mihoyos fault.

Imagine you have a fine art designer like him and the first thing they say is "draw the safest, cuteless and less sexy skin you can ever create".

Fuz

Banned
I'm willing to bet this is all clown Mihoyos fault.

Imagine you have a fine art designer like him and the first thing they say is "draw the safest, cuteless and less sexy skin you can ever create".
Nah, they got that order for sure, but their character design has always been terrible to me - have you ever seen a worse main character design that Aether?
I bloody love the game when it works, it's tons of fun and there's lot of great stuff in its design and attention to detail. But I bloody fucking hate their character design tropes.

Meanwhile, that other game I "kind of" play.
Zeon-Costume.png
Catlady.jpg
Athlon.png
eh-dorka.jpg

Pejo

Are there new teapot stuffs in 3.4?
No word of new stuff that I saw. I think the Sumeru tree finally gets unlocked though so we can level it up more.

hu9jke125vaa1.jpg

BIG SPOILER. Don't click.
s2kapx7t4vaa1.jpg

5*, Hydro Claymore.

I fucked.

I read rumblings that
Focalors is the "new" Hydro archon, with the old one still existing out there somewhere. Supposedly she's kinda bratty and not many like her, especially compared to the old Hydro archon. We saw bits of this foreshadowed forever ago with that Oceanid battle event story. Basically all of the oceanids left Fontaine when the old Hydro archon quit since they didn't like the new one. Also, it's mentioned that the old Hydro archon will be playable and in a sort of faction war against Focalors. Maybe it's that blonde girl, but probably not since she's Geo. That Geo girl might be an underling for the old Archon. I'm suspecting we haven't seen the "old" Hydro archon yet.

New males don't jump out at me with their designs, but I'll wait and see if they become interesting down the line.

My excitement for Fontaine goes down by the day and by the leak. What squandered potential...

In other news, CN playerbase of Honkai just complained that latest iteration of one of the main characters was "too sexy" in some of her new playable character movesets, so they complained and got MHY to change them.
dz81nvo9zlaa1.jpg

jgzrdwo9zlaa1.jpg

Which leads me to question if it's not the CN community supporting/asking for all of these boring Genshin designs and pre-censored costumes. Stockholm syndrome is real I guess.

Fuz Fuz
This was one of the most poignant memes I've ever seen. Swipe to the end.

So I got caught up on the story, and wow what a disappointment. I was like 3 patches behind on story, I was still doing the 2.0 main quest and I got caught up in like 3 hours. It was only like 4 quests of running around various places and fighting some HP sponge bosses, and that's it. If that was Genshin, I'd be like 18 hours worth of content behind. Also, the NPCs keep mentioning some sort of concert with Lin. Was that a limited time story event that I missed, or is it a sidequest I haven't picked up yet? They all talk like it's already happened and supposedly I helped with it, but I never did any such thing. I remember you mentioned some cringe concert earlier with some lady singing by a piano, was that the Lin thing or another concert? I haven't seen either yet.

Fuz

Banned

So I got caught up on the story, and wow what a disappointment. I was like 3 patches behind on story, I was still doing the 2.0 main quest and I got caught up in like 3 hours. It was only like 4 quests of running around various places and fighting some HP sponge bosses, and that's it. If that was Genshin, I'd be like 18 hours worth of content behind. Also, the NPCs keep mentioning some sort of concert with Lin. Was that a limited time story event that I missed, or is it a sidequest I haven't picked up yet? They all talk like it's already happened and supposedly I helped with it, but I never did any such thing. I remember you mentioned some cringe concert earlier with some lady singing by a piano, was that the Lin thing or another concert? I haven't seen either yet.[/SPOILER]

It's a character's quest for... that kid with the fire weapon. Whatshername.

They should really stop doing stories with multiple archons. They did it in Inazuma, in Sumeru, now in Fontaine again? Enough already.

I'm spoilering this, but MHY is so bad at spoiling their own story lines (OMG, will we be able to free Nahida? Find out in the next update when she's playable! OMG, what happened to Scara? Find out in the next update! Don't mind our character teasers btw) that it's almost not even worth doing. If you watch their preview streams you basically know everything already anyway.

Fake

Gold Member
When the story get boring and repetitive is kinda obvious the current writer is lacking skills to continue writing. As I said before, Scara fight give me a huge dejavu of Child fight, so I expect things getting the same and the same.

IMO is time to MYH look for another writer for this game.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Looking at Fontaine leaks, character designs look so fucking boring.

Anyway, we going feeble scholar in two weeks and than save for Nahida rerun whenever that happens.

Pejo

It's a character's quest for... that kid with the fire weapon. Whatshername.
Well, I did the quest....
Comedy Central Mm GIF by Workaholics
That was hard to watch/make it through. Man the sidequest rewards for Mirroria fucking suck. You get like 100 vera currency for each one, and some of them have you traveling back and forth for 20 mins.

q6sDn40.png
Found on genshin leaks reddit not long ago.
Here's a slightly bigger one:
RD4QUsl.jpg

My thoughts from left to right:
  • Best of the bunch. Still true to her original design provided this design is still accurate.
  • Otome dandy boi
  • meh
  • Qiqi 2.0
  • 2nd best. Has kind of happy anime Bloodborne vibe, or Robin Hood or something.
  • Conductor Keqing, boring
  • Twink in garter belt. If all of the women come pre-censored now, this shit better get censored too.
  • Undecided, but it's not exactly hyping me up
  • 3rd best
  • Already knew about her, would be better without the puffy shorts, probably the 4th best even with them.
*edit*

Apparently 2 of them are not from Fontaine, but Mondstadt. The hunter/robin hood girl and the pink haired girl.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Saber

Designs overall are very borish, except a few ones. Most of them looks very sameish.
And I hope the one Pejo Pejo is talking about is not a boy, because damn god that outfit looks atrocious on him.

ssringo

Gold Member
Wow. Based on looks alone it's going to be a long, dry spell of pulling on new characters. Bloodborne girl is the only one I kinda like.

Edit: and I wouldn't pull for the girlyboy wearing garters even if he was the most broken OP character in the game. Blech.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Well, I did the quest....
Comedy Central Mm GIF by Workaholics
That was hard to watch/make it through. Man the sidequest rewards for Mirroria fucking suck. You get like 100 vera currency for each one, and some of them have you traveling back and forth for 20 mins.

Here's a slightly bigger one:
RD4QUsl.jpg

My thoughts from left to right:
  • Best of the bunch. Still true to her original design provided this design is still accurate.
  • Otome dandy boi
  • meh
  • Qiqi 2.0
  • 2nd best. Has kind of happy anime Bloodborne vibe, or Robin Hood or something.
  • Conductor Keqing, boring
  • Twink in garter belt. If all of the women come pre-censored now, this shit better get censored too.
  • Undecided, but it's not exactly hyping me up
  • 3rd best
  • Already knew about her, would be better without the puffy shorts, probably the 4th best even with them.
*edit*

Apparently 2 of them are not from Fontaine, but Mondstadt. The hunter/robin hood girl and the pink haired girl.
Michael-Cera-This-Is-Boring-Scott-Pilgrim-vs-The-World.gif

The Robin Hodd girl isn't bad. Rest is BOOOOOOOORING or plain awful. Only 1 male characters? Fucking weebs. And where's the CCP when you need them?

Last edited:
Fontaine really is the nation of hats, huh? They look a bit too similar to each other for my taste. Sumeru had a much better first impression with a great variety in designs (and those were supposedly already censored too, so not sure what happened here).

Otherwise I'm a bit less critical than you guys. Most of them are girls so that's already a plus. Lynette still looks good. The hunter looks great. Eyepatch, braids and geo seem fine to me. Not too sure about blue top hat and loli, and I dislike the monocle on the other girl, but they could still grown on me. Still no sign of the marionette character though.

Saber

Fontaine really is the nation of hats, huh? They look a bit too similar to each other for my taste. Sumeru had a much better first impression with a great variety in designs (and those were supposedly already censored too, so not sure what happened here).

Thats the criticism of mine though.
Since when they are that way of using same theme or parts of outfits because the characters come from the same nation? This is basically limiting and repeating themselves here. And thats not me disliking more females, I actually like the blonde one(though shes geo...I also like the first girl I think), but most of them look almost "samey" to my tastes as well. The good thing of GI, at least in my opinion, is the diversity of designs, which are not actually limited to the nation. Dehya doesn't look like Nilou, which doesn't look like Faruzan, etc. Also It really feels like they are veeery safe with the designs.

Last edited:

Pejo

Otherwise I'm a bit less critical than you guys.
The issue I have isn't that the designs are awful or anything, but there is just nothing that excites me out of that lineup outside of a few that are just "pretty good". That lineup represents the better part of a year of characters though, and a whole nation of stories, interactions, getting invested in them etc. I don't feel like any live service game should have your reaction of a year of content to be "eh, it's ok", much less one as profitable and big as Genshin. We're at a stage that there should absolutely be something for everyone instead of these middling designs that seem to be built to just not offend anyone. I'm ok with garter twink as long as there's a Candace to balance it out, but there's not. I'm ok with a covered female if we also get a male that an actual male would want to play, like Alhaitham. That kind of thing. The balance seems to be shifting quite a bit to pander to women though. Maybe they see a growing metric on female players and want to expand that, who knows.

The only things holding back my disappointment is that these 2D arrow poses don't translate 1:1 with the 3D models, so there's a chance that they look better in 3D, and there's the hopium that maybe some of the designs will improve before release. The Bloodborne girl supposedly has had 3 completely different color iterations so far according to leakers, so lots of things can change between now and release. Then again, they can also get a lot worse before release too.

Last edited:
The issue I have isn't that the designs are awful or anything, but there is just nothing that excites me out of that lineup outside of a few that are just "pretty good". That lineup represents the better part of a year of characters though, and a whole nation of stories, interactions, getting invested in them etc. I don't feel like any live service game should have your reaction of a year of content to be "eh, it's ok", much less one as profitable and big as Genshin.
Been playing Genshin for two and a half years now. My expectations have sunk according to their decisions and actions. They seem hellbent on putting in as little effort as possible and maximizing profit. Half of these characters will probably be 4 stars hardly worth using. Or an even more terrifying thought: Lynette could be a 4 star companion to Lyney who doesn't work with anyone else. These designs don't make or break future updates for me. There's so much more that could go wrong.

We're at a stage that there should absolutely be something for everyone instead of these middling designs that seem to be built to just not offend anyone. I'm ok with garter twink as long as there's a Candace to balance it out, but there's not. I'm ok with a covered female if we also get a male that an actual male would want to play, like Alhaitham. That kind of thing. The balance seems to be shifting quite a bit to pander to women though. Maybe they see a growing metric on female players and want to expand that, who knows.
I wonder what the ratio is. More importantly: who's spending money? I assume men spend way more on these games than women.

The only things holding back my disappointment is that these 2D arrow poses don't translate 1:1 with the 3D models, so there's a chance that they look better in 3D, and there's the hopium that maybe some of the designs will improve before release. The Bloodborne girl supposedly has had 3 completely different color iterations so far according to leakers, so lots of things can change between now and release. Then again, they can also get a lot worse before release too.
Bloodborne girl also happens to be the only one who isn't in a T-pose. She's the one people seem to like the most. These early leaks often don't do the characters justice. They always look like soulless puppets. Most of these will probably look better in 3D with animations and voice work and an actual personality. That's why I'm not too harsh on them. Yet.

Top Bottom