• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

pull a claymore out of her asshole or something for her burst.
RO1QKWL.jpg

• LOL
Reactions: Fuz

SSfox

I did plan to not ever pull on weapon banner until Varka. But if Focalors weapon will be with something not too ugly i may go for it.

Pejo

maxresdefault.jpg

*edit*

Let's all remember Thoma for a moment for his birthday with official birthday art.

FmAIpqOWQAYxwMy.jpg

Alright Thoma, fuck off again until next year.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
They're bouncing back and forth on it, which means people are probably just making shit up at this point. Similar to Raiden, she might have a catalyst and pull a claymore out of her asshole or something for her burst.

MYH hire my friend here please.

Last edited:

Pejo

Quest dude randomly on top of a building with no way up (for normal people).

You ok, dude?
You can scale that pillar he's standing on from the roof below. There have been a few reasons to get up there so far, even with no Kaz/Wanderer/Venti. He's involved in some dailies too.

You can scale that pillar he's standing on from the roof below. There have been a few reasons to get up there so far, even with no Kaz/Wanderer/Venti. He's involved in some dailies too.

I think he meant that for in game universe this guy is in a place not reachable by normal means so he has some issues.

deanote666

I had no problem getting up there.

Just wondering how/why he got up there without anything indicating how regular people get up there unless all NPC's are secretly Spiderman like traveler.

Kind of like platformer games when you stop and think about how any normal person would be able to navigate the building/area you're in but people navigate on a regular basis.

Pejo

I had no problem getting up there.

Just wondering how/why he got up there without anything indicating how regular people get up there unless all NPC's are secretly Spiderman like traveler.

Kind of like platformer games when you stop and think about how any normal person would be able to navigate the building/area you're in but people navigate on a regular basis.
Oh, in that case it's because nothing is real, it's all just a function of Irminsul.

But to your point, it always annoyed me that some of the hilichurl towers don't have ladders, so not only can I not get up there, how the fuck did those little bow bastards?

*edit*

Damn, so it is real?

wf7gqeadi9ba1.png

One is pleased.

Last edited:

Pejo

New Fontaine adult male:

z8od1hytf8ba1.jpg

Cautiously optimistic on this one. The "Adam" they're referencing is a character from Honkai:

29263453f4bf48dafa889eea53f04e3f.gif

So think a messy haired red/black version of this I guess? Sure beats another dandy dude or twink.

Watch him be GEO.

Pejo

What the fuck is an Adam expy?
Some redditor forever ago started this "expy" shit, close as I can figure it's a combination of the words ex-patriot and copy, meaning a character that looks like one from another game. They were using it at the time to reference Yae and Shogun being based on characters from Honkai. Just like the word "y'all" (from anyone other than Americans from southern states) it makes my skin crawl when I see it now.

In this particular case, they're saying he looks like that spinning dude I put in my last post, also from Honkai.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

HOLY shiest the leaks are getting out of hand
uu5olwS.jpg
I'm actually kinda thankful this time? We've basically got 1~ year of characters leaked over the past week or so, and the response has been mostly middling down the road. Hopefully this shakes up MHY a little bit and causes them to re-evaluate their designs, make improvements, and rethink some of this garbage. Usually by the time we've seen characters in leaks (~1 patch ahead) or from official MHY media, it's way too late for any meaningful changes to the characters. Hopefully they're looking at feedback here and not just trying to sue and shutdown all leak sources.

Nah, who the fuck am I kidding.

crumbs

Looking back, 2022 (imo) was pretty weak for characters. I spent more wishes on characters (Shogun, Ayaka, Kokomi) that I had missed during their original banners than I did on characters (Yelan, Nahida) released in 2022. I did unintentionally get a couple of characters that I enjoy (Tighnari, Shinobu), but overall 2022 was carried by new regions (Enka, Chasm, Sumeru) rather than new characters. Not sure if this will work again for MiHoYo in 2023.

Speaking of Deyha, I was wondering when the last pyro character released since it seems like forever -> It was Thoma on Nov. 2, 2021. Last pyro 5 star was Yoimiya on Aug. 10, 2021. It makes me a little worried that the devs are out of ideas when they ignore an element for over a year.

Last edited:

Pejo

Looking back, 2022 (imo) was pretty weak for characters. I spent more wishes on characters (Shogun, Ayaka, Kokomi) that I had missed during their original banners than I did on characters (Yelan, Nahida) released in 2022. I did unintentionally get a couple of characters that I enjoy (Tighnari, Shinobu), but overall 2022 was carried by new regions (Enka, Chasm, Sumeru) rather than new characters. Not sure if this will work again for MiHoYo in 2023.

Speaking of Deyha, I was wondering when the last pyro character released since it seems like forever -> It was Thoma on Nov. 2, 2021. Last pyro 5 star was Yoimiya on Aug. 10, 2021. It makes me a little worried that the devs are out of ideas when they ignore an element for over a year.
I had to look up character release dates, and here's 2022 in a nutshell:
Character Shenhe
Shenhe
5 Stars
Cryo5th January 2022
Character Yun Jin
Yun Jin
4 Stars
Geo5th January 2022
Character Yae Miko
Yae Miko
5 Stars
Electro16th February 2022
Character Kamisato Ayato
Ayato
5 Stars
Hydro26th March 2022
Character Yelan
Yelan
5 Stars
Hydro31st May 2022
Character Kuki Shinobu
Kuki Shinobu
4 Stars
Electro21st June 2022
Character Shikanoin Heizou
Shikanoin Heizou
4 Stars
Anemo13th July 2022
Character Collei
Collei
4 Stars
Dendro24th August 2022
Character Tighnari
Tighnari
5 Stars
Dendro24th August 2022
Character Dori
Dori
4 Stars
Electro9th September 2022
Character Cyno
Cyno
5 Stars
Electro28th September 2022
Character Candace
Candace
4 Stars
Hydro28th September 2022
Character Nilou
Nilou
5 Stars
Hydro14th October 2022
Character Nahida
Nahida
5 Stars
Dendro2nd November 2022
Character Layla icon
Layla
4 Stars
Cryo18th November 2022
Character Wanderer icon
Wanderer
5 Stars
Anemo7th December 2022
Character Faruzan icon
Faruzan
4 Stars
Anemo7th December 2022

Design wise, I like Shenhe, Yelan, Shinobu, Collei, Cyno, Candace, Faruzan.

Gameplay and kit design, I like Yelan, Shinobu, Collei, Nahida, Faruzan (c6). Yun Jin is nice for normal attacker boosts like for Physical Rosaria and Yoimya, but that's basically her whole kit, a 10 second buff.

I consider the standouts from last year to be Nahida (one of the strongest and easiest to fit characters in the game), Collei for budget Dendro (too many people sleep on her), Shinobu for being a really versatile healer and Electro applier, and Yelan - mostly for her run skill but she's also really strong.

All in all, when I look back at it, the most disappointing things about the characters were their kits. Shenhe getting a niche support kit was the biggest bummer, along with Nilou's ultra restrictive team comps. Dori is damn near worthless. Faruzan is "ok" until C6, but then she's super fun. Her constellations were poorly designed just like Sara's. Yae is a poor man's Fischl, which sucks for a 5*

Despite me really liking Cyno, and him being extraordinarily strong for his niche, he is really unfun to use in everyday content due to his energy needs and the fact that he plays like a piece of shit until his burst is ready. Then I tend to hold on to his Burst without using it for when I really "need" it, meaning I never use it like Elixirs in JRPGs. So then I just end up not using him because of it. Still, for farming any boss that doesn't resist Electro, he gets shit done fast, faster than my C6 Eula for machine type enemies and stuff strong against Physical.

Anyways, I think they really need to change their kit design philosophy for Fontaine and beyond, or else characters are just going to continue to get worse than 1.x characters. Dendro was kind of a wildcard, and I ended up liking it quite a bit, especially for the boost it gives Electro. But they don't have any new elements to lean on for a whole version range anymore, so something is going to have to improve on the kit design side.

crumbs

Anyways, I think they really need to change their kit design philosophy for Fontaine and beyond, or else characters are just going to continue to get worse than 1.x characters. Dendro was kind of a wildcard, and I ended up liking it quite a bit, especially for the boost it gives Electro. But they don't have any new elements to lean on for a whole version range anymore, so something is going to have to improve on the kit design side.
Agreed. Looking at that list made me realize how many 2022 5 stars were underwhelming.

I'm a light spender, so I need to be judicious with my primos. My feelings on the 5 stars I skipped:

Shenhe - Too niche, plus I didn't have Ayaka at the time. Even now it seems kinda pointless to buff Ayaka since she's already close to OP in a lot of scenarios.
Yae Miko - Love her design, but there's too many other 4 stars that can do what she does. You could probably talk me into pulling for her just due to her legs personality.
Ayato- Boring design and boring to play. Probably my least favorite character in the game until Miko releases.
Cyno - Hated the way he played during his trial.
Nilou - Like her design, but I already have other hydro characters with more diverse skill sets.
Wander - Meh design and a really boring gameplay style.

Not sure if the designers are going all out to avoid power creep, but seems to be resulting in some boring character kits.

Pejo

Agreed. Looking at that list made me realize how many 2022 5 stars were underwhelming.

I'm a light spender, so I need to be judicious with my primos. My feelings on the 5 stars I skipped:

Shenhe - Too niche, plus I didn't have Ayaka at the time. Even now it seems kinda pointless to buff Ayaka since she's already close to OP in a lot of scenarios.
Yae Miko - Love her design, but there's too many other 4 stars that can do what she does. You could probably talk me into pulling for her just due to her legs personality.
Ayato- Boring design and boring to play. Probably my least favorite character in the game until Miko releases.
Cyno - Hated the way he played during his trial.
Nilou - Like her design, but I already have other hydro characters with more diverse skill sets.

Not sure if the designers are going all out to avoid power creep, but seems to be resulting in some boring character kits.
To be honest, I'm surprised you liked Tiggy. I used him a fair bit when I was hunting Scarabs/desert flowers to level other characters, and his kit was really disappointing to me. The skill would have been great if it "ticked" Dendro 2-3 more times instead of just at the beginning. I never tried using him as his intended purpose though, Dendro DPS, so maybe that's where my disconnect was. As Dendro applier he was pretty bad.

His visual style always reminds me of Mike Judge's character from Office Space.
thumb_we-need-to-talk-about-your-flair-vintage-accessories-52391989.png

Wanderer was a huge head scratcher for me. They hyped him up to the moon, made events and stuff just to make people pull for him, etc. All for nothing though, with how boring his combat kit is. Hell, even just letting him use his jet boosters while you're already gliding/in the air would have been enough to make him better. Or giving him full length samurai pants instead of shorts. If I've ever seen proof that the teams within MHY don't communicate well with each other, that would be my best example.

ssringo

Gold Member
Itto is the best male, but his personality carry him.

Agreed but I do like his design and I rather appreciate that the dude has muscles and you can see them. I kinda would like a female version of him. If nothing else it'd be interesting.

I'd love to run around with someone like Gagaran from Overlord.

oUCLmYn.jpg

To balance things out, it's also a lot of fun running around the world as Mona. Just a little more enjoyable for some reason...

mTu3kWh.gif

Fake

Gold Member
Agreed but I do like his design and I rather appreciate that the dude has muscles and you can see them. I kinda would like a female version of him. If nothing else it'd be interesting.

I'd love to run around with someone like Gagaran from Overlord.

oUCLmYn.jpg

To balance things out, it's also a lot of fun running around the world as Mona. Just a little more enjoyable for some reason...

mTu3kWh.gif

The fact that he is a oni and have a child attitude helps a lot, counter most of the annoyance of Paimon.

He resemble Jiraya from Naruto and is a character a like a lot in that anime.

Now, the picture you posted is what I think will be the Mondstad chief, at least taking what Mika talk about him. Imagine Mr.Satan from Dragon Ball, but being a powerful person.

ssringo

Gold Member
If you're gonna do muscle girls, do it right.

It's more her character than the design which is rather bland, especially next to nearly everyone else in Overlord. She's quite amusing wanting to get laid while looking like she does.

"Hey, let's fuck"
"Ew, no..."
"Fine, stay a virgin"

I'm actually saying a female oni built like Itto with tits would be great.

BAGKM5k.gif

crumbs

To be honest, I'm surprised you liked Tiggy. I used him a fair bit when I was hunting Scarabs/desert flowers to level other characters, and his kit was really disappointing to me. The skill would have been great if it "ticked" Dendro 2-3 more times instead of just at the beginning. I never tried using him as his intended purpose though, Dendro DPS, so maybe that's where my disconnect was. As Dendro applier he was pretty bad.

His visual style always reminds me of Mike Judge's character from Office Space.
thumb_we-need-to-talk-about-your-flair-vintage-accessories-52391989.png

Wanderer was a huge head scratcher for me. They hyped him up to the moon, made events and stuff just to make people pull for him, etc. All for nothing though, with how boring his combat kit is. Hell, even just letting him use his jet boosters while you're already gliding/in the air would have been enough to make him better. Or giving him full length samurai pants instead of shorts. If I've ever seen proof that the teams within MHY don't communicate well with each other, that would be my best example.
Maybe my experience with Tighanri was colored by when I pulled him. He was really useful during the early days of Sumeru since he has the local specialties passive and he can also trigger those plant traversal mechanics. I mostly used him in a team comp with Fischl for aggravate and spread reactions, but he's pretty limited otherwise. I do agree that his design could be toned down a bit.

The Wander's kit just feels incomplete. He has this simple 3 hit combo, but just adding the hovering ability doesn't make it anymore interesting. Maybe the elemental infusion thing is useful in practice, but it wasn't apparent in his trial or character story.

Pejo

Ghislaine mushoku
Wk7H0ZC.jpg

if character designs like itto are allowed these should be accepted as well.
How could I forget her. I also had Dragon's Crown Amazon linked but fandom doesn't allow hotlinking. Cheap bastards. Ghislaine is top tier, and cool too.
It's more her character than the design which is rather bland, especially next to nearly everyone else in Overlord. She's quite amusing wanting to get laid while looking like she does.

"Hey, let's fuck"
"Ew, no..."
"Fine, stay a virgin"

I'm actually saying a female oni built like Itto with tits would be great.

BAGKM5k.gif
Oh then yea 100% agree. But no, MHY needs to sell us another sleepy overworked hard working worker female character. Or maybe someone else that obsesses about food, that one hasn't popped up again in a minute. Their hands start shaking if they don't make a character that's about work or food for 10 minutes, I'm sure.

Faruzan has actually been kind of a treat for me with her cranky ass attitude. If only she had literally any story at all in the game. She didn't get a hangout, no involvement in the Sumeru storyline, no proper introduction. Just introduced with a hell of a banger of a character theme song and then pushed out the door.

Maybe my experience with Tighanri was colored by when I pulled him. He was really useful during the early days of Sumeru since he has the local specialties passive and he can also trigger those plant traversal mechanics. I mostly used him in a team comp with Fischl for aggravate and spread reactions, but he's pretty limited otherwise. I do agree that his design could be toned down a bit.
Yea Spread itself as a reaction is stupidly strong, maybe Tiggy is better now with more Dendro teammates to make his kit actually work. He might be able to shit out some good numbers with Kusanali supporting him.
The Wander's kit just feels incomplete. He has this simple 3 hit combo, but just adding the hovering ability doesn't make it anymore interesting. Maybe the elemental infusion thing is useful in practice, but it wasn't apparent in his trial or character story.
Yea, catalysts aren't especially well known for being fun to play, but he leaves even more to be desired, and he's supposed to be a main dps. It was also really annoying that you can't swap out to a new character while hovering, so if you want to swap, you have to wait for it to run out and land, or hit the skill button again and wait to land which isn't very intuitive in the middle of battle where you have to dodge shit. Terrible combat flow feel.

Last edited:
2022 is the year of niche supports and useless 4 stars. Many questionable decisions were made by MHY. I'm still disappointed with dendro, and its lack of reactions with certain elements.

Like crumbs crumbs a lot of my enjoyment came from collecting older characters I missed out on before. I grew my roster of characters and could try new team comps. It was satisfying to see the progress my account made. But now my account is somewhat complete. Many of the characters I want are sidegrades, or character types/kits MHY seemingly refuses to make.

I can't pull for every character, so it's fine if half of them suck. Some people still seem to like Scara. Some people are fine with geo being held hostage by a furry twink. It's all subjective. They really should offer more characters for everyone's preferences though. I'm still waiting for more anemo waifus. I'm sure some folks out there want cryo husbandos. Expanding their roster that way seems like the obvious thing to do, and pretty easy.

Now that dendro is here, there's no big new thing to look forward to, except Fontaine and other nations. I've been hoping they rework several aspects of the game from the start, but it looks like MHY wants to maximize profits for minimal effort. Hopefully they can innovate and shake things up.

Saber

2022 is the year of niche supports and useless 4 stars. Many questionable decisions were made by MHY. I'm still disappointed with dendro, and its lack of reactions with certain elements.

I think by far is this the most dissapoint thing of all for me imo.
Stupid gimmick reactions for the sake of what? Everytime I read one of reaction I keep scratching my head over what it actually do, because I aways have to remember one another.
The fact that you need 3 elements to actually make it function better is detestable and only makes you keep using the good old reactions.
Nahida is not good because shes dendro. Shes good because shes a god-tier support. Any other is relativelly useless. I have Traveler Dendro and from the reactions I find extremelly boring(even though its supposed to be a excellent comp with Keqing) and it bothers my team comp.
Why would I want it if I can't react with Cryo(which btw is one of most stupid abundants elements)? Or anemo?

TLDR - Nah. Just keep using the old ones. In fact, I think they pretty much wish to nerf Xiangling, Fichlz and Bennet(or even Anemo Traveler). Those are top tier supports and yet are 4-stars, something clearly lacking with 4-stars nowadays.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I love Colei bommerang mechanics, but I have to agree with InterMusketeer InterMusketeer about dendro.

Such a huge potential simply wasted by greedy and lack of proper feedback. Most of the time I use anemo, but dendro don't interact with anemo. Burning is so trash with I find funny how enemies do so much damage with burning on us than we do on them. Is kinda embarrassing the level of attention the monsters get just to beat us and force us to level up rank/lvl/weapon/talents, some even get tempted to use money on this process.

I tried many tines using dendro, but even with the abyss buffs the results are mix bag. Maybe one of the reasons I give up Alhaitam (not to mention I tired of those new boring monsters material giving such a huge pain with annoying mechanics).

I know some of you guys are OK with monsters droping different materials depending of the elemental reaction you give on them, we already had this discussion before, but I still find unacceptable and make me worry about the new hydro country doing this again.

The lack of some evenrs rerun are bad too. I kinda miss the Mona asteroid event and the first alchemy event the GI had.

Last edited:

SSfox

I'm actually kinda thankful this time? We've basically got 1~ year of characters leaked over the past week or so, and the response has been mostly middling down the road. Hopefully this shakes up MHY a little bit and causes them to re-evaluate their designs, make improvements, and rethink some of this garbage. Usually by the time we've seen characters in leaks (~1 patch ahead) or from official MHY media, it's way too late for any meaningful changes to the characters. Hopefully they're looking at feedback here and not just trying to sue and shutdown all leak sources.

Nah, who the fuck am I kidding.
Honestly it's hard to say based only on of those shots. like forex Shenhe was an easy skip for me when leaked but once see her in motion i and see her kit i actually was more interested in pulling her (Still skipped her tho cause i had to get Zhongli at the time)

So you gotta play as the twink to control Lynette. I mean I kinda always suspected it, but man....
I saw that too, but I doubt MHY is going through the effort to make, animate and voice a character just to use her for a burst. Just take the couple extra steps to sell her separately and make more money.

Fuz

Banned

Actually super fun to use. My Scara is underleveled and underequipped and in a friendship farm party (Scara/Dori/SleepyJane/Faruzan)... which ended up being the fastest killing party, outside of Nahida's for groups of monsters.
His flying ability is quite fun and gives a different perspective on the battlefield.
My problems with him are... well, the shorts. And how flying is limited - can't use it on jumps, lasts WAY too short and it's very hard to read when the special dodge attack is ready. Also the infusing mechanic is kind of annoying to me, but I guess for someone who likes to experiment with various comps etc. Pejo Pejo , could be great.
He really needs shields toh.

Last edited:

Pejo

j109vj4v7eba1.png

Fischl and Thoma with HP scaling
2Rce3.gif

I can hear the distinct sound of hearts breaking.
That reads like a drunk post. Not looking good for Dehya on-field though. Still we're this close to the beta, I'll just wait and hope.
hopium_cover.jpg

I saw that too, but I doubt MHY is going through the effort to make, animate and voice a character just to use her for a burst. Just take the couple extra steps to sell her separately and make more money.
Never underestimate MHY's ability to make head scratching decisions.

New event: https://act.hoyolab.com/bbs/event/20230111ost/index.html

They play a snippet of a character's soundtrack, and you have to guess which character it goes with. Actually kinda fun. There's a limited amount of codes that can be generated, so get on this quick.

Those leaks sound fake. How often does it happen that they introduce characters that aren't available to play in that version? Baizhu is the only one I can think of, and he's a special case due to dendro. Only about a week left. Then we won't have to rely on rumors anymore.

Saber

j109vj4v7eba1.png

Fischl and Thoma with HP scaling
2Rce3.gif

I can hear the distinct sound of hearts breaking.

Thoma is basically whats getting me worried(I mean, the guy is just a shield + shield with high cooldowns). But being like Fischl is a good thing in my book.

Last edited:
Top Bottom