• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Damn,
I missed out on FF in Star Rail, first time that’s happened, oh well. TBH, I my excitement was severely dampened after I realized I’d also have to build up Harmony TB, I already have 3 good teams, I think I’ll be OK lol.

Also my luck in ZZZ is horrible too… only a single 5* character, everything else has been weapons that I can’t really even use. Smh… so dumb

Now I’m wondering if the curse will follow me into Navias banner in Genshin … I feel like I will for sure lose the 50/50 now…

Pejo

Got my first double 5* in Star Rail, 2x Jade. Still, lost pity to Clara first so it's not entirely a win.

I might even go for her light cone since it will also help Himeko. We'll see what my savings look like towards the end of the patch.

*edit*

For anyone having trouble in the Genshin web event for perfume, you have to double up the ingredients (drag the same card on top of each other while it's in the mixing (top) section) to make the "premium" perfume.

Damn I really hated this web event a lot. One of the worst.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Give me your Wuthering Waves OT suggestions, please.

Barnum And Bailey Circus GIF

I'll start:

Wuthering Waves |OT| - Rovering around
Wuthering Waves |OT| - Devil May Rover

Last edited:

Pejo

New Duolingo collaboration primo code:

They must be tired of localizing games, they just want us to learn Chinese.

Wow, really cool trailer. Sorry Pejo Pejo , but all the other characters look better than the Archon. Her leather suit and sunglasses just look way too modern for my taste, but maybe it'll grow on me. But damn, the panther hag, the gunslinger, the hermit Cryo girl... Fantastic, all of them. They're all at 5-star level. Solidifies my decision to skip everything until Natlan.

Interesting that we don't see Xbalanque. I assume he's the flame circle at the end. I'd really dislike it if they make him the center of the story again like Neuvi though.

Pejo

Wow, really cool trailer. Sorry Pejo Pejo , but all the other characters look better than the Archon. Her leather suit and sunglasses just look way too modern for my taste, but maybe it'll grow on me. But damn, the panther hag, the gunslinger, the hermit Cryo girl... Fantastic, all of them. They're all at 5-star level. Solidifies my decision to skip everything until Natlan.
The sunglasses were a bit much I'll agree, but i'm confident the playable version won't have those. They basically gave her a classic HI3 type design so while it's too modern for Genshin and not everybody's cup o' tea, for me it's one of the best possible outcomes that wasn't even on my bingo card. I LOVE how she turned out. Star Rail's Himeko looks nothing like the HI3 variant, and this one does. She's one of my favorite characters in all of gaming and certainly in the greater HoYo-verse so I'm through the fucking roof right now. C6 for fucking 100% absolute sure, even if she has Dehya's kit. Cheetah girl looks good too, and yea lots of good designs in Natlan. What are your thoughts on the Iansan changes?
Interesting that we don't see Xbalanque. I assume he's the flame circle at the end. I'd really dislike it if they make him the center of the story again like Neuvi though.
Couldn't care less about him but yea, I'm guessing those 6 fire circles are related based on the story leaks we've had.

So I wonder if the other redhead is the "2nd" archon-in-training like the leaks mentioned, or if they were just full of shit.

The only way HoYo can ruin this for me now is if they don't make her playable and kill her off in the story before she becomes playable. I almost forgot what being happy about this game felt like.

The sunglasses were a bit much I'll agree, but i'm confident the playable version won't have those. They basically gave her a classic HI3 type design so while it's too modern for Genshin and not everybody's cup o' tea, for me it's one of the best possible outcomes that wasn't even on my bingo card. I LOVE how she turned out. Star Rail's Himeko looks nothing like the HI3 variant, and this one does. She's one of my favorite characters in all of gaming and certainly in the greater HoYo-verse so I'm through the fucking roof right now. C6 for fucking 100% absolute sure, even if she has Dehya's kit.
I'm really happy for you regardless. And at least it's not the samba dancer.

What are your thoughts on the Iansan changes?
They changed something?

So I wonder if the other redhead is the "2nd" archon-in-training like the leaks mentioned, or if they were just full of shit.
You mean the Cryo cowgirl? Would they do that? This sounds too interesting (and like too much work) for them to pull off.

The only way HoYo can ruin this for me now is if they don't make her playable and kill her off in the story before she becomes playable. I almost forgot what being happy about this game felt like.
Nahh, they won't do that. Too much marketing and design work has gone into this character to just kill her off. I honestly think they regretted doing that with Signora as well. There were some rumors that she'd get revived.

The new trailer has invigorated my interest in Genshin, nearly all the characters look great. Wow. Going to be hard to not spend money, and now I’m wondering if I should even pull Navia… maybe better to just save. Gone this far without Geo after all

And also yes berry excited “Himeko” is in the game. Is this the first red hair girl we have?
Hopefully she doesn’t wear the glasses in combat, and it’s a cutscene only thing.

Would love a toggle option for some characters, like being able to toggle hats on and off would be nice.

Crimsondusk

The new trailer has invigorated my interest in Genshin, nearly all the characters look great. Wow. Going to be hard to not spend money, and now I’m wondering if I should even pull Navia… maybe better to just save. Gone this far without Geo after all

And also yes berry excited “Himeko” is in the game. Is this the first red hair girl we have?
Hopefully she doesn’t wear the glasses in combat, and it’s a cutscene only thing.

Would love a toggle option for some characters, like being able to toggle hats on and off would be nice.
Pretty much this but I've been passively playing genshin since the game indirectly got me into a healthy relationship with my girlfriend for the last year lol. Geo lady might make me create a geo team depending on her kit.

Pejo

I'm really happy for you regardless. And at least it's not the samba dancer.
I am still blown away that I actually got something good from this. With the leaks we had it was looking pretty dire.
8wrdny.jpg

They changed something?
Skin lightening (of course), changed the entire bottom half of her design. Head/torso looks about the same though.
You mean the Cryo cowgirl? Would they do that? This sounds too interesting (and like too much work) for them to pull off.
I didn't realize she was revealed to be cryo. But yea I love her design too. Redhead fans eating good in Natlan. I'm wondering if Xblanquecheque is Capitano unmasked since that trailer has Himeko talking to him in a very familiar tone, and it would make sense given the other leaks about him.
Nahh, they won't do that. Too much marketing and design work has gone into this character to just kill her off. I honestly think they regretted doing that with Signora as well. There were some rumors that she'd get revived.
Yea that's been a longtime leak now. They probably had to kill her to make her playable so they could redesign her and remove all of the fanservice.

Navia's still worth a pickup but yea I have suddenly switched gears to scrimp and save mode. Sorry Emilie.
Nilou and Aloy (I guess).

Welcome to mods!
a whole new world aladdin GIF

I guess himeko had to be sacrificed in honkai so she could live on in star rail and genshin, though this one looks much closer to her bold look in honkai; that's cool.
Now let's see if they give her a giant sword so it's really "time to burn again" hehe.
Man If they give her a giant claymore with THAT animation for her Burst, I'd lose it. EXTREMELY rare Himeko win here.

Skin lightening (of course), changed the entire bottom half of her design. Head/torso looks about the same though.
I compared the new trailer with her old teaser design, and the changes look minimal. The bottom isn't even visible in that short scene. Am I missing something? In any case, I hope they keep the old design intact.

I didn't realize she was revealed to be cryo. But yea I love her design too. Redhead fans eating good in Natlan. I'm wondering if Xblanquecheque is Capitano unmasked since that trailer has Himeko talking to him in a very familiar tone, and it would make sense given the other leaks about him.
On first impression I thought she'd be Pyro too, but the full body shot shows a Cryo vision on her hip. I wonder if her red hair means she'll be a melt character. Like Chevreuse with her purple and red color scheme, reflecting the reaction she likes.

I haven't kept up with Capitano, because I think there's no way they'll keep his current, cool-looking design if/when he becomes playable. But what you say sounds plausible. I'd make use of his mysterious identity too if I had to write about him.

Yea that's been a longtime leak now. They probably had to kill her to make her playable so they could redesign her and remove all of the fanservice.
I feel like Natlan is slightly better in the fanservice departement in comparison to the previous region(s) though. Baby steps, I guess.

Yes I think I still want Navia.
I will save after that. I’ll see what my gems are looking like by the time these characters arrive. I wouldn’t be opposed to spending a bit more if it means I can guarantee one, no way I will go for them all though that’s too much money lol we will see. But ya, time to save for sure, and at least start doing my dailies regularly again 😅

Last edited:

Nankatsu

I know I'm gonna sound biased because I've been advocating more for Wuthering Waves, but I legit don't see nothing special about the Natlan characters trailer reveal.

Sure Natlan's Archon looks better than expected, specially comparing with Furina design, but that's it for me. Everything else feels been there, done that.

I guess my Genshin flame has really burned out.

blow out candle GIF by Polyvinyl Records

Last edited:

Pejo

I know I'm gonna sound biased because I've been advocating more for Wuthering Waves, but I legit don't see nothing special about the Natlan characters trailer reveal.

Sure Natlan's Archon looks better than expected, specially comparing with Furina design, but that's it for me. Everything else feels been there, done that.

I appreciate both games for what their strengths are. WuWa is definitely more fun to play. Genshin's overly 'safe' designs aside, I think HoYo is much better at character design (so far). Making each character have a motif and every design feels purposeful, whether or not I like each individual design.

This trailer was just to introduce the characters and give some story teasers, and I think it knocked it out of the park in those aspects. I already want to know more, and I am DEFINITELY biased on the Pyro Archon, so there's no way you're getting objectivity out of me on her design, she's simply 10/10 in my eyes.

deanote666

It just means you've reached the point where you probably already have a bunch of characters you don't always use and are starting to question whether you need more.

Doesn't mean you like the game less. You're just protecting your wallet more.

Pejo

According to leaks, 5.1 will have the cougar (sword) and the cowgirl (bow) on banner. The Archon is expected to use a claymore and release in 5.2, alongside the headband guy next to Capitano.
Fuck, I want all both cougar and cowgirl. I was gonna roll for the Hydro girl but now I dunno...

*edit*

Some of these characters have to be 4* right? They can't make a whole region of double new 5* banners.

Last edited:
Fuck, I want all both cougar and cowgirl. I was gonna roll for the Hydro girl but now I dunno...

*edit*

Some of these characters have to be 4* right? They can't make a whole region of double new 5* banners.
X.1 updates usually have two 5-stars, so I assume that's what both are. Hydro girl is also expected to be 5-star, so it's gonna be rough. So far Cryo girl, Iansan and that headband dude are said to be 4-star.

Yes, I decided 100% I’m pulling for “Himeko”
The others we will see based on kits and stuff, time to start working on Fontaine, just want to be caught up by the time Natlan drops so I’m ready (and I need more gems lol)

Crimsondusk

So I'm going to assume most of us are skipping everything til 5.1 since the first 3 characters didn't speak to anyone. The 5.0 characters didn't do much for me, personally.

Pejo

X.1 updates usually have two 5-stars, so I assume that's what both are. Hydro girl is also expected to be 5-star, so it's gonna be rough. So far Cryo girl, Iansan and that headband dude are said to be 4-star.
So cowboy hat girl is a 4*? I'll take that one at least. Hope they don't try to make Physical/Shatter work again. Or maybe she'll be the physical support that changes everything. That'd be nice.
So I'm going to assume most of us are skipping everything til 5.1 since the first 3 characters didn't speak to anyone. The 5.0 characters didn't do much for me, personally.
I originally was gonna go for the Hydro girl but man, that's a hell of a run of characters I want more. I"ll wait and see how fun/required the new character mechanics are for Natlan before I decide for sure, but yea, probably a "wait" for me.

I can't believe they're putting Emilie in the 2nd half of 4.8. She got disrespected in her OG banner.

The weapon banner looks really good though. BUT they threw The Bell on there just to fuck with you a little. The 4* sword is really good for Kaz.
2h1rr58wvlcd1.jpg

New Glider on the way:
kRSJKsU.png

Also supposedly the KFC wings are coming back in an in-game event. HAHA! Fuck Twitch and that awful promotion last time. Glad I didn't bend the knee and resort to subscribing to a streamer just to get the wings.
vchu9bbfp2cd1.jpeg

So cowboy hat girl is a 4*? I'll take that one at least. Hope they don't try to make Physical/Shatter work again. Or maybe she'll be the physical support that changes everything. That'd be nice.
No, I meant the purple hermit girl. Against all odds she's somehow Cryo too. Cougar and cowgirl are expected to be 5-stars in 5.1. Sorry.

I'm at 480 wishes now, so I'm prepared for this onslaught. Hydro girl is based on Polynesian culture and I'm a sucker for that stuff. She will be mine.

The weapon banner is tempting but Nilou and Navia are already performing well, so I feel like it's a trap. I'd rather save my pity for a weapon that makes a big difference.

Pejo

No, I meant the purple hermit girl. Against all odds she's somehow Cryo too. Cougar and cowgirl are expected to be 5-stars in 5.1. Sorry.
Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I'm at 480 wishes now, so I'm prepared for this onslaught. Hydro girl is based on Polynesian culture and I'm a sucker for that stuff. She will be mine.

The weapon banner is tempting but Nilou and Navia are already performing well, so I feel like it's a trap. I'd rather save my pity for a weapon that makes a big difference.
To be fair, outside of Staff of Homa I don't think there's been a weapon as "best in slot" for multiple characters like Nilou's. It's BiS for her, Layla, Kirara, and not bad on Furina too. I rolled for the sword before I rolled for Nilou.

But yea it's definitely a trap in a sense that there is just a stacked schedule ahead of us.

To be fair, outside of Staff of Homa I don't think there's been a weapon as "best in slot" for multiple characters like Nilou's. It's BiS for her, Layla, Kirara, and not bad on Furina too. I rolled for the sword before I rolled for Nilou.

But yea it's definitely a trap in a sense that there is just a stacked schedule ahead of us.
Yeah, I know it's one of the best and most impactful signature weapons in the game. That's why I was waiting for it for quite some time. But Nilou's current build is good enough for Abyss, so what do I need some extra damage for? I'd rather save for a signature weapon that opens up new gameplay possibilities, or one that's close to mandatory to hit the threshold of strength/comfort. And yeah, with all this stuff on the horizon, I better be frugal with my primo spending.

deanote666

Anyone know if perfume girl does anything game changing?

Debating if I want to C3 Navia or not. Got about 6 10 pulls saved up, on guarantee.

Debating if I want to C3 Navia or not. Got about 6 10 pulls saved up, on guarantee.
Off-field Dendro application and Sub-DPS. She deals more damage when opponents are burning. Could be good for upcoming Natlan characters, but otherwise nothing too special. Seems like an alternative to Nahida to me.

Pejo

Based on beta/leaks, she plays like an upgraded Dendro Traveler with an affinity to Burning. At least they supposedly removed the penalty to Quicken. It used to make her do 90% less damage if an enemy got quickened, lmao.

I was gonna roll a copy just for fun but now with Natlan staring me down, it's probably a big no.

The level cap increase has been debunked. Some leaks on the new artifact sets speak of a night spirit state. Unclear as of yet what that is. They sound very strong. Save your resin.

Pejo

The level cap increase has been debunked. Some leaks on the new artifact sets speak of a night spirit state. Unclear as of yet what that is. They sound very strong. Save your resin.
Night spirit is a mechanic that only natlan (and presumably Pyro Traveler) will have. Like Pneuma/Ousia, but in Natlan.
Honkai question? Are those rewards permanent or temporary will end in 50 days?
You mean Star Rail or Honkai Impact 3? And what rewards?

Top Bottom