• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

I have to admit for as little of an impact as the echoes have, it’s just trailing color behind the character, but it makes me want to properly build a plunge team for Diluc so I can have an excuse to use him more hahahaha which means I have to actually make cloud retainer a proper set too, hmmm

I can’t wait for Yelan and Raidens echoes, probably the 2 I’m anticipating most.

Edit

Also, how are you guys building your Navia? I have her at C0 and she will likely use Wolf’s Gravestone R1, as it’s my only 5* claymore.
Just not sure on sets, I’m almost certainly going to play her with Raiden, Yelan and Cloud Retainer

Last edited:

deanote666

I have to admit for as little of an impact as the echoes have, it’s just trailing color behind the character, but it makes me want to properly build a plunge team for Diluc so I can have an excuse to use him more hahahaha which means I have to actually make cloud retainer a proper set too, hmmm

I can’t wait for Yelan and Raidens echoes, probably the 2 I’m anticipating most.

Edit

Also, how are you guys building your Navia? I have her at C0 and she will likely use Wolf’s Gravestone R1, as it’s my only 5* claymore.
Just not sure on sets, I’m almost certainly going to play her with Raiden, Yelan and Cloud Retainer
Got 4pc Nighttime whispers in the echoing woods set on mine. Atk sand, geo cup, crit dmg hat. Got her signature weapon that gives crit rate though. Zhongli makes the crystals and she brings the pain.

deanote666

Got every single chest in the summer area on my main and 2/3 the way through on my 2nd account.

Just need to do the story/chests in the 3rd area on my 2nd account and the rest of the challenges that unlock tomorrow on both.

jonnyXx

uhJfuaB.jpeg

I'm not getting too excited for this cause they definitely won't let us choose all the sub stats so you'll just end up with pieces that roll DEF.
Still this can be used to roll Crit circlet with Crit sub stat, or on set goblet of your chosen element. It's something at least.

Two every patch, one of them from the battlepass and the other remains unknown.

Pejo

uhJfuaB.jpeg

I'm not getting too excited for this cause they definitely won't let us choose all the sub stats so you'll just end up with pieces that roll DEF.
Still this can be used to roll Crit circlet with Crit sub stat, or on set goblet of your chosen element. It's something at least.

Two every patch, one of them from the battlepass and the other remains unknown.
They already have this exact thing in Star Rail (and are much more generous in giving them out). It's great for "good enough" players like me, but barely moves the needle for min/maxxers. Still ain't nothing you can do when it rolls 3x into flat DEF. Star Rail also has 2x relic drops occassionally, and had 3x relic drops for the anni. Something I expect we'll see in Genshin for this year's anni since all of the Star Rail QoL is making it over (albeit it neutered form for some reason).

jonnyXx

H51BLOo.jpeg

On set Goblet with double crit is the obvious use for this I think.

They already have this exact thing in Star Rail (and are much more generous in giving them out). It's great for "good enough" players like me, but barely moves the needle for min/maxxers. Still ain't nothing you can do when it rolls 3x into flat DEF. Star Rail also has 2x relic drops occassionally, and had 3x relic drops for the anni. Something I expect we'll see in Genshin for this year's anni since all of the Star Rail QoL is making it over (albeit it neutered form for some reason).
Does the one in star rail give 4 line sub stat artifacts or 3 line, or is it random?

Pejo

H51BLOo.jpeg

On set Goblet with double crit is the obvious use for this I think.
It's certainly the rarest piece, but I'd think getting the right head piece, on-set could be just as important. It's best to leave it to the last piece of the set you need and decide if you need CR% or CDMG%
Does the one in star rail give 4 line sub stat artifacts or 3 line, or is it random?
You get set/piece/main stat selectable. The subs are completely random which is why it's not any better than just farming for min/maxxers. But Star Rail has 2 artifact sets you use per character, a 4PC and a separate 2PC, from different types of artifacts, there is no wiggle room for having any off-set pieces.

If this Genshin one lets you pick set/slot/main/2subs that's a better deal than Star Rail's for sure, despite it being much more uncommon to receive them. Problem is, as you know, the other two stats can be Def/Def% and you're equally fucked despite having that level of selection. Or if you get all but 1 good stat and then it rolls 4x into that bad stat, making the piece worthless anyways.

I wish they'd just add a reroll function that you could set the artifact back to lv1 and try your luck with the rolls again. That way farming the pieces is sort of 1-off (you can quit when you get the stats you want) then you just reroll the piece until it rolls the way you want it. Much less frustrating IMO. Even if you lose part/all of the xp, it's still better than having to farm through that level of RNG again and again to even get the possibility of rolling the stats you want on a particular piece.

I've been playing this piece of shit since late April. Y'all have no idea. I have a backlog...i was happy with my backlog. I have games i actually paid for waiting to be played.

I am in Inazuma now...literally level 8 (max) on both Mondstadt and Liyue. All side missions from Mondstadt and towers already done and upgraded to the maximum. I'm approaching level 50 and already have stuff to up like 4 characters to their maximum level. Even the Chasm is at +90%. I also opened the entire main map at this point.

I tried this damn game due to a crush of mine who "insisted" on it...and now it's all i play.

I can feel Final Fantasy VII Rebirth's box judging me everytime i boot up this game.

On a serious note...i'm enjoying this way more then i expected (clearly) and i feel like i've done quite a lot in 170 hours of gameplay so far. Also enjoying the soundtrack, art design, character design, etc.

Pejo

I've been playing this piece of shit since late April. Y'all have no idea. I have a backlog...i was happy with my backlog. I have games i actually paid for waiting to be played.

I am in Inazuma now...literally level 8 (max) on both Mondstadt and Liyue. All side missions from Mondstadt and towers already done and upgraded to the maximum. I'm approaching level 50 and already have stuff to up like 4 characters to their maximum level. Even the Chasm is at +90%. I also opened the entire main map at this point.

I tried this damn game due to a crush of mine who "insisted" on it...and now it's all i play.

I can feel Final Fantasy VII Rebirth's box judging me everytime i boot up this game.

On a serious note...i'm enjoying this way more then i expected (clearly) and i feel like i've done quite a lot in 170 hours of gameplay so far. Also enjoying the soundtrack, art design, character design, etc.
Welcome to the thread! It's definitely an incredibly high quality game, especially for free. You still haven't even hit any of the really good areas, in my opinion. They got significantly better at designing areas and quest flow in later patches. Chasm you probably noticed as a step up from the other stuff since it was added to the game way later than the rest of Liyue.

If you have any questions or just wanna talk about stuff in the game, feel free to chime in!

What team(s) are you happiest with so far?

Welcome!
That stretch from Mondstat to Inazuma was one of my favorite experiences in gaming.
I actually dropped FF7 Rebirth 1/2 way through because the exploration was better in Genshin lol
Genshin is amazing.

jonnyXx

Hoyo:
Dave Chappelle Gotcha GIF

Woah, so the PlayStation rewards thing actually gives you real shit.
Got a free welkin, and 300 of those blue gems
Plus $20 in wallet, I have no idea why but just checked it and had a ton of points lol

If you’re on PS, check the app, you may have free shit waiting for you

Pejo

Does Honkai even have 4 line artifacts? Or is that concept unique to Genshin?
Yep still 4 lines of substats.

You equip a total of 6 relics (their name in Star Rail) with either a 4pc + 2pc set (the 2 piece relics are separate types that are only available in one game mode), or you can do 2pc/2pc + 2pc. Same main stat/substat structure as Genshin. The only piece that can roll specific damage type bonus (like Pyro damage in Genshin, for instance) is the orb part of the 2pc set. A few main stats are locked to ATK/HP like Genshin.

Woah, so the PlayStation rewards thing actually gives you real shit.
Got a free welkin, and 300 of those blue gems
Plus $20 in wallet, I have no idea why but just checked it and had a ton of points lol

If you’re on PS, check the app, you may have free shit waiting for you
Is this PS+ only? I have my Genshin account linked to my PS5 but I cancelled my PS+ a year or so ago.

Looks like they want to properly show off the Natlan stuff instead of letting leakers have at it. 5.0 special program already scheduled for August 16th.
j83lkqq34eed1.jpeg

SSfox

cGvMQBp.jpeg
Just saw this and some other stuff on reddit for the new geo lady and if these leaks are true and stay after beta I'm going all in.
All In Crypto GIF

Bet Electro will be ER buff.

BTW anyone knows the 5.0 theatre characters? i see the post on reddit back but can't find it no more, i remember there was a Candace in it.

Pejo

Man, I’ll I’m playing now is Genshin and ZZZ, haven’t touched Star rail since Firefly’s banner…
HoYo sitting there
Animated GIF

Bet Electro will be ER buff.

BTW anyone knows the 5.0 theatre characters? i see the post on reddit back but can't find it no more, i remember there was a Candace in it.
Looks like those leaks got deleted, probably were lies. Current beta has nothing about new imaginarium so far, last I read.

New mysterious 5* character level up material in leaks. Leakers can't decide if 100 uncap is happening or not lol.
qpawjrydpted1.png

Played some more with the summer event and I feel I'm playing a mix of Kingdom Hearts, Mario Party and Mario Galaxy. I hate disconnected floaty island levels with void below and this one is full of them. The mini games are horrible as well like right out of some poor Mario party ones. On top of that they add that horrible idiot Baladork to it. I hope whoever was in charge of this summer event never does any other stuff for Genshin or any other game ever.

Lumine sleeping on Nilou's lap and dialogs around it were the only good thing in this.

Pejo

Played some more with the summer event and I feel I'm playing a mix of Kingdom Hearts, Mario Party and Mario Galaxy. I hate disconnected floaty island levels with void below and this one is full of them. The mini games are horrible as well like right out of some poor Mario party ones. On top of that they add that horrible idiot Baladork to it. I hope whoever was in charge of this summer event never does any other stuff for Genshin or any other game ever.

Lumine sleeping on Nilou's lap and dialogs around it were the only good thing in this.
Apparently this event has caused a mass outrage in CN. A CN player posted a (long) summary about it on the Dehya mains subreddit:

1: Authenticity​

It's well known that News needs to be true, accurate, traceable,

Due to the complexity of the matter, unfortunately I can't do it all . Administrators can delete it if they feel it's inappropriate, and i have mark this as

"Leaks - Unconfirmed"

My purpose is just to let some foreign players who don't have access to information about CN know what's going on. There are some things that can't be falsified, and because of the variety of sources, I can't give the source links for all the claims.

Part of the story comes from anonymous insiders employee, The information which they have leaked from the beginning to the present is 100% accurate ( for example, in version 4.1,the contents of 4.4-4.8 were predicted). I can add pictures of their predicted if you want.

But I swear by my faith that what I say is what I know, and not for any Money reasons .

I was thinking about Posting on some other forum,

But I didn't think they would allow me to post something like Negative information, so I went back to this old place and revealed a little bit about the event

If you only want to see the content of Nilou and Dehya, search and flip to ''Tulaytullah's Remembrance''

2. really so much?​

This is a conflict between the player and the official team, In my personal opinion, the fault is entirely on the official

https://www.miyoushe.com/ys/article/55221094
On July 26, 2024, The protest posts reached 300,000, and because the administrators kept deleting them, they were down to less than 4,000 at 1 a.m.

After 1 a.m., the administrator went off duty to sleep

1万 = 10,000 ; 49万 = 490 ,000

On the second day 8 am , it returned to 500,000,

By 11 am., 570,000 had been reached

By 12 am., 620,000 reached

As administrators continued to delete, the total number of posts posted by players exceeded 1 million, according to the estimates of live-streamers

Some veteran players came to the event specifically to scold mihoyo and regard the ban as a Medal of honor

https://preview.redd.it/cz9vfzn2v7f...bp&s=cea20998c6b0fba2fd66bb9878582be3028b0c81

After that, a large number of administrators began to delete posts on a large scale, while protesting that players kept Posting new posts,

The number of posts hovered between 600,000 and 610,000.

The whole process was livestreamed by players on the live streaming platform. You can confirm that number from the live steam recording.

Eventually, that night, the administrators blocked the post, and no one was allowed to post anything.

If you go to this link now https://www.miyoushe.com/ys/article/55221094, where you'll still see the number on the left, 582,000 posts , which "万"= 10,000

By Two days earlier, the entire CN hoyolab Genshin section had been blocked and no one was allowed to post. This post was the only able commented on because it was an official topic post.

On the Late evening of July 27, an official announcement was made,

https://preview.redd.it/9m53o2y7x7f...bp&s=d0b30933bb80a2af41fd6e9bb99052806ad1d240

https://www.miyoushe.com/ys/article/55816748

Officials blamed the comment section on a small number of people using multiple devices to post malicious comments.

But did not respond to any player suggestions or requests.

The official accusation: 4800 overactive accounts + 100 devices with more than 100 login accounts recomment. they Posting more than 10 post

a random comment man

However, CN hoyolab can directly check the player's game progress. The comments section has a large number of players with over 1000 days of play, level 60, lots of characters, and high exploration rate , Veteran players.

If all of these people are trolls,

That still means over 10,000 other Veteran players ‘s account was sold to someone else, or it was stolen , as a account for attacking ,
If only those 4800 people send 10+ post ,

and from the official means over 10,000 other Veteran player send less than 10 post ,

Even if we assume that 4,800 people sent 30 messages each, that multiplines to 144,000, but there are more than 600,000 post, so who sent the remaining more than 450,000+?

This is not the first time officials have dealt with issues this way. I don't know much about how mihoyo treats foreign servers, but in CN, this is the norm . Refusal to communicate and apathy lead to greater anger .

3.The course of events​

You should know that a lot of meaning is lost in translation, and the original story of the game is written in Chinese.

Secondly, as a professional writer, a writer should have know what some words are sensitive and can cause serious controversy and ambiguity.

Linguistically, Chinese, as a pictograph, has a large number of homonyms and traditional idioms.

https://preview.redd.it/0xdc6lx738f...bp&s=f7182775108f510fb649e0e4519681bc3c7b44d8

https://preview.redd.it/u9a3dex738f...bp&s=1b1516ba020257d1de648d380fdbc3d8a68a7029

There were actually a lot more images, I couldn't find them all at once, and only placed a few that were easy to find

1. In the 4.8 version of the story, the Production team gave the "Wanderer" a main protagonist treatment, and the player charactor became a "camera", and did nothing
Players have long been dissatisfied with the story, saying it is of low quality and has not been improved ,

The quality of writing for some characters and activities is much worse than it used to be

https://preview.redd.it/a6t6jtrd78f...bp&s=1d2764614e8df6ed0aff0fc8064a229abf1a146d

1. In the 4.8 version of the story, the Production team once again added some "vicious" metaphors to many sentences, and I will list some examples below. Some of these metaphors represent direct abuse.
Others metaphors imply that the player is cuckold. I will also list them later.

and If you have any friends who speak Chinese, you can ask them to verify it

https://preview.redd.it/c2y3kllmu8f...bp&s=aa75acfca5570b97e6dbec2fd99894e714453b30

3.On a number of other issues, the "actual" official and "civilian cooperation" partners , livestreamer , Video producer (who can get a lot of money from cooperation, i don't know what is that Noun in English) speak with one voice,

Treat all players who make suggestions as "problematic enemies,"

even if some of them have spent more than $30,000, was Insult as "malicious pay-er."

Many people agree that they act a bit like religious believers rather than gamers

https://preview.redd.it/wbty472o78f...bp&s=d0996a76bbf01ea57c6743a3f7ebcacac74130a8

https://preview.redd.it/8dz0z72o78f...bp&s=c4531ad75f3b67ff60a154134f985ac71ee2ecc6

(If necessary, I can immediately find the videos and articles of these cooperator and put up their links, if you can read Chinese)

And continued to spend a lot of money on advertising,

Some problems in the earlier, such as the https://www.miyoushe.com/ys/article/55283456

In the recent Neuvillette scandal Event and Clorinde scandal Event,

There's been a lot of anger built up. At least 100,000 posts were deleted in these event.

This led to a gradual loss of trust. player think This represents the official attitude, they think they are fine and refuse all communication .

they both adopted a similar "shut your mouth and don't allow speak" strategy

4.The 4.8 story , "camera" , "cuckold" , linguistic homophone , and mistakenly involved Nilou, the used Goddess of Flowers Reincarnate , "Deleted" Arama and Dehya Story​

https://preview.redd.it/ykpt2n2898f...bp&s=954391d1a0862b93adb12fd43e01df826222ecaa

https://preview.redd.it/k6g41n2898f...bp&s=0fb1f35c26f74c41c13cbf610a3943ecd308d510

https://preview.redd.it/zizfxn2898f...bp&s=df8583e3b5c3781390ef04fdbef0bf678378eb41

https://preview.redd.it/evfrtgcqc8f...bp&s=d1cb12fead7342c3b3c4afb437f6121784912b6a

My statement again, You can ask anyone who knows Chinese to interpret the text, Please note: a considerable proportion of people in these communities (Zhihu, Weibo, Bilibili) are extremely fanatic mihoyo supporters, and if you seek their opinions, you will probably not get a correct reply, because they are either a part of it or they are afraid to speak out for fear of online violence.

It is a well-known fact that if you post something against mihouo on these sites, you will be harassed by phone calls, text messages, and fanatics will spread your personal information and graffiti. ——You can confirm this to anyone

A large number of other communities are neutral or opposed.

The views of individual extremist opponents are also not to be trusted, because they are also extremists

The players came to the place where the story took place, after busy for most of the day, they suddenly learned that they were not actually a "hero/brave", but just a witness, and the real hero is a role called "Wanderer" that is hated by many players.

At the same time, the protagonist with the power of the five elements, while everyone else is conscious, only him/herself passes out .Finally, the plot ends with the protagonist of Wanderer .the player is told that he/she is merely a witness , some player feels like they are just a camera (derogatoryly).

At the end of the story, the Wanderer stands in the middle of the line instead of the main character, while the Nilou's new skin is named "沙邦之息", implying "Wanderer 's Bride/wife" in same homophone.

There are several NPCs in the new map, and their positions and colors are also very different, red and blue NPCS suggest that the ''brave'' and the ''heroine'' stand side by side, while the ''yellow'' NPC represented by the player is secretly watching from a distance. This represents passive cuckolding in Chinese cyberspace,

In another scene, the yellow represented by the player needs to push behind the red and blue, which represents active cuckolding in Chinese cyberspace,

On the new skin of Nilou's head, underwear, and belt: the symbol of the "Wanderer" weapon bell, which the player takes as a form of cuckold (which it's actually not, as explained later).

Again, there are a lot of these homophonic metaphors in the previous version .Please note that any fully educated Chinese can read ancient Chinese literature and ancient Chinese idioms. In the game, a large number of idioms are "newly created" by writers and have nothing to do with ancient idioms.

This, in itself, may be an unintended part of the "fairy tale" of the "young soap opera", but whether it is intentional or not, it has been amplified by players who no longer trust it

(There are differences between cultures , and I understand that some cultures may not see this as an important thing)

https://preview.redd.it/bn5r4l8cd8f...bp&s=21afd31f9d56c63e97feb32b538a7570e13be664

Let's look at some examples:

久世浮倾 (banner) The world has been floating for a long time . A new idiom that has never been invented before , Neither ancient nor modern people use it this way

Homonym: I am/He is your father

(This is an Serious insult in Chinese, you can understand it as an insult to a dwarf in Warhammer //or the Lord of the Rings , saying the dwarf is a Bastard without Ancestors)

暮起遥思 (banner) At night I began to think far away. A new idiom that has never been invented before

Homonym: (Your) mother is dying

益生纯律 The law of wholesome purity . A new idiom that has never been invented before

Homonym: Your whole life and body are green (green means Cuckold). also a Serious insult.

丝切铗 (story) This is a "Japanese-style" Chinese, and no such grammatical rules ever apply in philology . A new idiom that has never been invented before

Homonym: your whole family is dead

i can find many similar homonyms for ancestral curses, Chinese culture or religion is very much a culture of ancestor worship, so you can casually see Chinese players swear in a lot of online games, all of which are cursing each other's ancestors

莎邦之息 (new skin) shabang 's breath. A new idiom that has never been invented before

Homonym: Wanderer's wife

https://preview.redd.it/qazygxw6e8f...bp&s=835a277ddb117ca5e1ed37cc9e2c809169217127

I could easily find out much, much more, When there are too many coincidences, it's not a coincidence .

This kind of thing never happens in other online games (because most of these games use accurate and standard ancient Chinese idioms or modern languages).

This was seen by many players as an act of revenge against the player for their revile to the production team.

Of course, zealots Mihoyo defenders will do their best to explain mihoyo. saying this have no meaning of that.

Saying these words "new creation" means blessing. Only a dirty person would mistake them for a curse.

And here's the irony (the picture above) :

When players are on hoyolab or other official communities, use these in-game words to "bless" forum admins ,

Administrators immediately banned them for "personal assault."
and Ask them to comply with the community etiquette

You can call me a paranoid person, but when 600K+ comments In the local language say the same thing, do you think it might be true?

2.Nilou, '' the Goddess of Flowers ''

Long story short, this is a leak from a departing employee, Of course, you never know if that's true, but everything this employee has predicted is mostly accurate

https://preview.redd.it/8cgp2qyij8f...bp&s=2888563dd08d6232d1746ff869210cd3ba7c8c5d

Bells (Tulaytullah's Remembrance)

It was the ''Origin'' Goddess of Flowers 's Weapon.

The new story team has drastically revamped the main story , following the resign of 2.x's version , the original lead writer (, who is now at a small mobile game company 失乐星图 ).

the New team cut the story , The main leader of the new team loves the Wanderer, but hate Nilou and Dehya.

To save cost and time, bells were used on the Wanderers.

In the original story, Nilou and Dehya and Nahida and Alhaitham have a quest about the life and Reincarnate of the gods, Nilou is the Goddess of Flowers .

Aranara (the small green creature fairies) and Nilou and Nahida have the other main story ,

and that's thy many people will wonder why Aranara and Nahida don't have any interaction at all,

https://preview.redd.it/49d8nezmq8f...bp&s=f65ad09db86aa37f633e2026ba35433e0c046746

This is because a lot of the story is edit to make the "wanderer" who died in the origin story , to become the new main story character. In the new story, the Wanderer will remain at the center of the story until the end of game.

Why did Nilou have so many "Tulaytullah's Remembrance" symbols on her,

This is because this skin was originally Goddess of Flowers's skin, and this weapon was her weapon.

The average player sees this as a form of cuckolding, Players who went looking for the informant knew it was because the new production team had forgotten the source of the weapon after a year and a half year

There are tons of rumors and some leaked road maps about their changes to the story, but I don't have much information

This series of dramatic maneuvering, coupled with the malicious intent of the original production team, inadvertently superimposed,

Beyond the players's tolerance limit ,

The players's anger exploded, Although these players have different demands, And the movement is disorganized, It was quickly suppressed by the administrators,

From other sources, there have been some questionable Abandoned Goddess of Flowers Story Quest line , the authenticity is not clear, If it's good, I will confirm the credibility of these things, and then tell the story

3.Result

The split between the players, the split between the players and the authorities is even greater

zealot:

Backed by official announcements https://www.miyoushe.com/ys/article/55816748, they dug further into the information,

https://preview.redd.it/mf7q5qiar8f...bp&s=863ac516bb7f998513681385fe915fa6d5fa2ee6

several Hoyo civic leaders released new videos yesterday at same time , that has over a million views, define the post comments in CN hoyolab as hackers , robot ,and people from other game companies.

and Point out, In these picture above , CN hoyolab had a large number of sudden download curves . This claim was soon discredited by their opponents, as the curves were raised by automatic software updates On the exact same date .

"zealot" called for more payments to miyoho, as well as more recruits for hoyo games, and blocked comments from opponents ,while The opponents say the opposite

Bigger hidden bombs:

The story of the Wanderer is designed to "change historical records", which is a very, very politically incorrect thing in China (if you want to go into details, it needs to be related to World War II Nazi Massacre, I don't know if it is allowed to talk about history here).

To call a criminal "noble and good" who has no actual atonement. It violates many CN players' sense of "fairness". while "fairness" is another politically correctness (Because there are so many unfair things in the real world) ——Explain that again , Some translations, when translated into English or Japanese, completely lose their meaning in Chinese.

The Official:

have increased spending on domestic advertising (my picture above shows foreign advertising), Hope to add more new players

I also have a picture that shows three mihoyo games, ranked 1st, 2nd and 3rd in terms of money spent on advertising

Public:

Not everyone cares about the news .The "silent majority", it's unknow how many people learned about this brief 3-day event

www.qimai.cn

Market daily ranking:
Zenless Zone Zero : 8

Honkai: Star Rail : 112

Genshin Impact : 84

Genshin Impact's ranking, in the Chinese internal market, is one of the worst periods, Also the end of the large version, before it had not tried to fall outside the top 50 of this internal market ranking , 2023-2024 saw a very serious loss of players

1. Me as an ordinary player , My personal opinion to Open world
The open world should be about freedom and interaction.

If most of the content in an open world is "empty", then the open world is just a walking simulator.

The genshin project team has more than 3,000 people. They have the money, could recurit the best people in market , New technology, and the time to do it, and should do it better than a lot of single player games that lack of those.

In a fantasy city, every building should be able to enter, every character can interact, and as the plot progresses there will be their changing views, they have their own schedule, everything the main protagonist does is meaningful, you can also do different interactions with the gacha character in the spare time, in different scenes.

This does not require an "intelligent super AI" to do it, only a ''text team'' can enrich and animate the entire city.

That is, "pile up" the number of words and stack "non-repetitive" materials. A small text based game with 20MB of text and 100MB of images, Probably a lot more fun than a big game with 20GB graphics and 0.1MB of text

If an NPC has only 1 repeated sentence, he/she is just a dead decoration, if he/she has 10 sentences, that can constitute a short time vivid character. If he/she has 100 words and behavior, he/she is "alive" in this world.

An open world should have a lot of meaningful things or people that can interact with it .

As for how to show the romance, wonder, infinity of the magical world, the small size of the big world and the greatness of Humanity, that is the greater task.

Obviously English isn't his native language, but I think he gets the points across mostly. Whether it's true, who knows, but HoYo themselves had said they were under a botnet attack on CN HoYoLab. I haven't played the event yet so I have no idea what to think about it, but CN community has been on fire for the last few days (more than usual).

Summary for those without free time to decipher this (just copy/pasted, not my summary):
TLDR, CN community feels that the current writing team leans heavily towards favoring Wanderer and is rumored to have deleted a couple of quest lines that focused Dehya and Nilou, turning them into low importance characters. Also turning Nilou into some kinda love interest for Wanderer. Of course most of this is just rumors but that's the crux of the backlash.

In other news, they remembered Yanfei was in the game for her birthday.
GTi8lr4bAAA7QuI

I don't get the complex stuff about the Chinese language, but this sounds a bit far fetched to me. If the writer loves Wanderer so much, and if they have enough influence to change the contents of events, quests, even names for skins, then why hasn't he shown up for an entire year? Last we saw him, I'm pretty sure, was during the Sumeru competition event.

I haven't finished the summer event completely, but Scara only shows up at the last minute, acts like a brat, has a moment with a cartoon dragon and then fucks off. I've seen one scene of him alone with a female character (technically?) where he gets to say one line. If they want to lift up Wanderer that much, they're doing a piss-poor job. We might be missing that Chinese subtext, but I doubt they're spending more time on secret messaging to ridicule male players than the actual story. I don't see anything in our localized version to hint at that kind of tampering.

What's more likely is that Scara is simply a popular character with female players, so they wrote him into the event since he hasn't shown up in a while. They know people get pissy when he interacts with female characters, so they gave him a small role in the story and made him interact mostly with NPCs. I have my grievances with the game too, but this response seems excessive and obsessive.

Ok have Navia to at least a functional level and man she’s pretty fun. Team is Raiden, Yelan, Navia and Xianyun, plunge Navia with Raiden popping in for bursts, both with yelens dice.
Think this will be my new over world team.
Man plunge, shotgun blast, plunge, shotgun blast, plunge is too fun

The new photo event is nice and fast, love it.
Speaking of fast the encounter point system is a godsend. Dailies are like instantaneous now. Amazing QoL update. Also have been slowly making progress in the Fontaine archon quest line. Would like to be all caught up for Natlan. This will be the first time I’ll be up to date with the game when a new version/area drops.

In star rail news got Yunli in 30. Still don’t have Clara and really want a counter team. That said I only started playing and saving recently to grind out the last few events before they expired and get the story caught up. I have a feeling after I build her up and make a team I’ll immediately feel like I have nothing to work towards and rest a bit, again, lol. Like I got her and was really happy for like 5 secs, and then it went away and I was like, OK now what.

deanote666

Check your inboxes and spam folders for an imaginarium survey link from mihoyo. Make your voice heard about the random party system!

Last edited:

Pejo

Trying to stay positive about this 2nd little 'mascot' thing we'll apparently be interacting with in Natlan.

Anyways, the areas look nice.

jonnyXx

If only this was real and not just fan art.
BiCAtKM.jpeg

Ugh 5.3 is like 5 months away though, hope that turns out to be wrong and she will be 5.2.
On the other hand if it's 5.3 it means a longer archon quest.

Pejo

If only this was real and not just fan art.
BiCAtKM.jpeg

Ugh 5.3 is like 5 months away though, hope that turns out to be wrong and she will be 5.2.
On the other hand if it's 5.3 it means a longer archon quest.
On one hand, it's good because I'll have more chances to save up to get more constellations for her.

On the other hand, they're releasing other characters that I liked between now and then, so how much will I really save up?

I need some good 50/50 luck to survive 5.0-5.3.

Man I hope she's caked up like Eula and not ass-erased like Arlecchino. I know mods can/will fix it, but still... Love her design so much.

Pejo

By the way, which Catalyst do you guys use on your Charlotte? I'm finishing up her talents and just need a weapon until she's "good enough". I have Sac Fragments on her for the extra use of her skill, but after reading her kit, it doesn't seem to be very beneficial. Maybe just slap a Favonius on her?

Maybe just slap a Favonius on her?
Her energy needs are insane. Fav is the only logical choice, at least at low cons.

I miss clicked in Paimon's Bargains today, accidentally buying an acquaint fate. I usually go to that screen to see how many wishes I could buy. My mouse has been acting up, and this was the result. Scared me to death. I just converted everything into intertwined afterwards to prevent it from happening again.

jonnyXx

By the way, which Catalyst do you guys use on your Charlotte? I'm finishing up her talents and just need a weapon until she's "good enough". I have Sac Fragments on her for the extra use of her skill, but after reading her kit, it doesn't seem to be very beneficial. Maybe just slap a Favonius on her?
I initially had her on Prototype Amber then switched to Fav Codex once i had a build with enough crit.

Pejo

CN KFC collab:
gt6am5v9qegd1.jpg

Not bad honestly. Beats anything I've seen the US have at McDonalds for years. I remember around xmas my girlfriend got a random happy meal just because, and it had some chicken nugget toy that was shaped like some rapper with a face tattoo.

Top Bottom