• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Government: Turkey is cooperating with terrorists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... what? Turkey is wrong, Germany isn't. It's really that simple in this case.
Germany isn't wrong well knowing their YPG backing (guns, artillery, funds, training, etc) lands in the hands of PKK? Please. If you're going to call out Turkey (which the whole world should) then you have to call out Germany too.

Yeah right, Germany and Turkey are totally just two sides of the same coin lol

None of that is easy when Turkey is still officially working towards EU membership, is a NATO member and they have this huge refugee deal going on.
Turkey will never, ever finds itself accepted into the EU. The EU are being dicks about it too, just say "NO" and "DENIED" so both parties can just move on. I think Turkey has truly given up on the EU membership and are playing along with the EU carrot stick.

Germany isn't wrong well knowing their YPG backing (guns, artillery, funds, training, etc) lands in the hands of PKK? Please. If you're going to call out Turkey (which the whole world should) then you have to call out Germany too.

Turkey will never, ever finds itself accepted into the EU. The EU are being dicks about it too, just say "NO" and "DENIED" so both parties can just move on. I think Turkey has truly given up on the EU membership and are playing along with the EU carrot stick.

Do you have a source on this? How would "training" get in the hands of PKK anyway?

Edit: Wait now you are talking about Syrian forces that are supported by quite a few Western powers?

Dryk

They need to strap some magnets to Ataturk. At this point you could power a small city off of him spinning in his grave.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's why I said "officially". I think both sides know it's over and stuff like this is just going to get used to end it quicker. Which will then make the whole situation worse again.

It's going to be interesting.

Do you have a source on this? How would "training" get in the hands of PKK anyway?

My source? I'm Kurdish and lived in south east Turkey for nearly 10 years, PKK strong hold. Everyone and their grandmother knows Germany has a boner for Turkey.

If you want more official sources dig up German special forces training the SDF (led by PGY in Syria). I mean this isn't something mind-blowing and or extra-ordinary stuff, it's well known the Germans back the Kurds.

My source? I'm Kurdish and lived in south east Turkey for nearly 10 years, PKK strong hold. Everyone and their grandmother knows Germany has a boner for Turkey.

If you want more official sources dig up German special forces training the SDF (led by PGY in Syria). I mean this isn't something mind-blowing and or extra-ordinary stuff, it's well known the Germans back the Kurds.

So how is this the same as, say, Turkey helping ISIS by buying their oil?

So how is this the same as, say, Turkey helping ISIS by buying their oil?

Except they are not.
The oil of ISIS is getting in everybody hands through contreband. That include Bashar and even western countries.

The whole "Erdogan supporting ISIS" is a clear deformation by RT from what get out from turkish opponent media, that is that Erdogan was sending arms to rebels in Syria.
If you actually read the article, ISIS is not even mentioned.

where are the Edrogan supporters from the Coup-D'etat thread?

Edrogan has actively bought contraband oil from ISIS
Edrogan has actively funded and armed ISIS

Okay? Absolutely nothing is new here.

For those not in the know, Turkey and Germany are going at each other via PR firms, "scoop" and "leak" lol.

Turkey accuses Germany of supporting terrorists (YPG proxy to PKK) and Germany accuses Turkey of supporting terrorists (Hamas, Syrian rebel factions on the terrorist list, etc). Both sides are wrong, but sides should STFU and mind their own business and not meddle in other peoples countries.

Yeah Turkey can feel free to call Germany government cooperating w terrorists. It's not going to help Erdogan's deal with Germany.

FZZ

Banned
Erdogan supporting MB in Egypt is such a big secret....

erdogan-4-fingers.jpg

And supporting Hamas as well:

528561161.jpg

And supporting syrians "terrorists":

ErdoganSaudi3.jpg

Awesome insider's exclusive, kudos merkel

Screen%20Shot%202013-10-27%20at%206.22.46%20PM.jpg

this post is amazing

and your avatar made it even better

oti

Banned
Get this: Apparently the foreign ministry didn't know anything about this piece of information getting released as part of the inquiry, they got this from the news. The foreign ministry heard about this information getting released from the news. To add to that, it wasn't even supposed to be released that way, it was a "mistake".

This is getting interesting.

http://m.heute.de/ZDF/zdfportal/xml/object/44834802

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So what. Even if there was irrefutable proof not a single country will do a thing about it.

Complete non-news. All of that was well known beforehand.
The only widely recognized terrorist organization on that list is Hamas. But at the same time, neither Russia, China, nor Iran (major backer) recognize Hamas as a terrorist org.:
International designation of Hamas#

The only widely recognized terrorist organization in the Syrian War next to ISIS is Al Nusra which Turkey lists as terrorist org.:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Nusra_Front#Designation_as_a_terrorist_organisation

ISIS supplied oil is not only being sold in Turkey, but also to Kurds, in Iran and to the Assad regime: Inside Islamic State’s oil empire: how captured oilfields fuel Isis insurgency | World news | The Guardian
The militants control around half a dozen oil-producing oilfields. They were quickly able to make them operational and then tapped into established trading networks across northern Iraq, where smuggling has been a fact of life for years. From early July until late October, most of this oil went to Iraqi Kurdistan. The self-proclaimed Islamic caliphate sold oil to Kurdish traders at a major discount. From Kurdistan, the oil was resold to Turkish and Iranian traders. These profits helped Isis pay its burgeoning wages bill: $500 (£320) a month for a fighter, and about $1,200 for a military commander.

The US has pressured Iraqi Kurdistan’s leaders to clamp down on smuggling, with limited success. But oil is still finding its way to Turkey via Syria, with Islamic State deftly switching from one market to another, smugglers say, with cheap crude channelled to Jordan instead. On Monday, a UN panel urged countries neighbouring Iraq and Syria to seize oil trucks that continue to flow out from jihadist-occupied territory.

How Isil colluded with Assad to make $40m a month in oil deals

In-depth analysis of the ISIS oil sales: Syria oil map: the journey of a barrel of Isis oil

Except for the Assad regime, there is no clear evidence of any state's direct implication in the ISIS oil trade.
There is also no evidence of Turkey directly supporting ISIS.

where are the Edrogan supporters from the Coup-D'etat thread?

Edrogan has actively bought contraband oil from ISIS
Edrogan has actively funded and armed ISIS

Any proof of that ?
Or maybe just stating it many time will make it true at the end. I guess that all the ISIS attack that Turkey lived through were false-flag too.

I guess conspiracy theory and out-of-the-hat facts are OK when it's about Erdogan, Father of All-Evil.

oti

Banned
Ankara's response: "The accusations are a new manifestation of a twisted mentality, that is trying to wear down our country by targeting our president and government for some time now."
"Die Vorwürfe sind eine neue Manifestation der verdrehten Mentalität, mit der seit einiger Zeit versucht wird, unser Land zu zermürben, indem sie auf unseren Präsidenten und unsere Regierung zielt"

Apparently Turkey wants to "clarify" the situation at German court.

The SPD, which forms the governing coalition with Merkel's party CDU, wants to see evidence backing up the initial claims of Turkey's cooperation with Hamas etc.

A fun situation all around.

http://m.heute.de/ZDF/zdfportal/xml/object/44851586

YoungFa

Complete non-news. All of that was well known beforehand.
The only widely recognized terrorist organization on that list is Hamas. But at the same time, neither Russia, China, nor Iran (major backer) recognize Hamas as a terrorist org.:
International designation of Hamas#

The only widely recognized terrorist organization in the Syrian War next to ISIS is Al Nusra which Turkey lists as terrorist org.:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Nusra_Front#Designation_as_a_terrorist_organisation

ISIS supplied oil is not only being sold in Turkey, but also to Kurds, in Iran and to the Assad regime: Inside Islamic State’s oil empire: how captured oilfields fuel Isis insurgency | World news | The Guardian

How Isil colluded with Assad to make $40m a month in oil deals

In-depth analysis of the ISIS oil sales: Syria oil map: the journey of a barrel of Isis oil

Except for the Assad regime, there is no clear evidence of any state's direct implication in the ISIS oil trade.
There is also no evidence of Turkey directly supporting ISIS.

The news here is that it is openly admitted by the german goverment, not the reveal of the turkish goverment's support for these group.

Irminsul

The news here is that it is openly admitted by the german goverment, not the reveal of the turkish goverment's support for these group.
Well, it may be nitpicking, but I'd say the German government chose to decidedly not admit it openly. The document is classified, it just got leaked.

YoungFa

Well, it may be nitpicking, but I'd say the German government chose to decidedly not admit it openly. The document is classified, it just got leaked.

It got released through an official channel by the goverment. Technically, I'd say we could count that as openly admitting. It probably just wasn't willingly or even knowingly. We will see who screwed up and how that could happen in the next few days I guess.

Ankara's response: "The accusations are a new manifestation of a twisted mentality, that is trying to wear down our country by targeting our president and government for some time now."

Apparently Turkey wants to "clarify" the situation at German court.

The SPD, which forms the governing coalition with Merkel's party CDU, wants to see evidence backing up the initial claims of Turkey's cooperation with Hamas etc.

A fun situation all around.

http://m.heute.de/ZDF/zdfportal/xml/object/44851586

I guess the only contention is the "syrian terrorist group" the Turkish gov is accused to support. This lack of precision can be deadly with a general public who cannot tell Ahrar al Sham and Jabhat Fath al Sham apart and Russian propaganda fueling this confusion in the social networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom