• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get Out Movie Blu-ray/DVD May 23rd release with Alternate ending and deleted scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out May 23rd DVD/Blu-ray

i guess we may have seen some of the deleted scenes in the initial trailer ( Skeleton Deer, Mask?)
http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/04/get.../?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

After making bank at the box office, Jordan Peele’s directorial debut Get Out is headed for home release next month. The film stars Daniel Kaluuya as a young black man who accompanies his white girlfriend (Allison Williams) on a visit to her parents’ house that starts out awkward and gets viscerally horrific. Get Out earned critical aplomb for its interweaving of horror and racial commentary, but the DVD and Blu-ray have even more surprises for viewers.

Get Out hits digital HD on May 9, then arrives in Blu-ray, DVD, and on demand form on May 23. Among other things, the Blu-Ray and DVD editions of Get Out will feature deleted scenes and an alternate ending, all with commentary from Peele. Fans of the film know that its ending strikes a very delicate balance, so it should be interesting to see what else Peele had in mind at another point. There will also be a feature commentary and a behind-the-scenes making-of feature, along with a Q&A discussion of the film with Peele and the cast hosted by Chance the Rapper. Chance has made no bones about his love for Get Out, even buying out an entire theater in Chicago during its release weekend so others could see it for free.

Peele has also been active in engaging the movie’s fans, putting his stamp on jokes and explaining tidbits about the film’s mythology. Peele’s wife, Chelsea Peretti, also had an amazing response to a question about whether Get Out was informed by their real-life experiences. “We were so hurt to see our family secrets exposed in this documentary,” she joked.

GetOut_PosterArt.jpg

Either way day 1 for me, supporting great original work!

When I saw it in theaters i envisioned the alternate ending as

he never got out. truly horrifying.
that's my dark ass mind for you

I wasn't able to see this in theaters, how much of a horror vs a comedy is it? I'm assuming it's more a comedy with horror elements than the other way around?

Probably going to buy it as soon as it comes out, I was bummed I didn't catch it in theaters but it came out at a bad time for me.

maybe shot by the cops at the end after being persuaded by a dieing Rose, then his best friend picks up Chris' dead body :(

tear jerker forreal :(

I was thinking

Because it showed the house get lit on fire, he would ultimately get charged with the murders of the entire family (as all the evidence would burn away). What confused me is that the grandfather had a scar on his head from the surgery but the grandmother didn't seem to. At least that could provide a hint of truth in the absence of evidence

Or, which I thought was the case at first,

the racist cop from earlier shows up and arrests/kills him on the spot

I was thinking

Because it showed the house get lit on fire, he would ultimately get charged with the murders of the entire family (as all the evidence would burn away). What confused me is that the grandfather had a scar on his head from the surgery but the grandmother didn't seem to. At least that could provide a hint of truth in the absence of evidence

I thought she did have a scar but it was covered by that wig.

ezekial45

Banned
I was thinking

If I recall correctly, the Grandmother was wearing a wig hiding her scar.

maybe shot by the cops at the end after being persuaded by a dieing Rose, then his best friend picks up Chris' dead body :(

tear jerker forreal :(

I was thinking

yeah, the twist with the friend is a great moment in the movie. Really brings the mood up from where it was but I totally expected Peele to come full effect with horror and have it end how reality would be with Chris getting charged or killed on the spot

I wasn't able to see this in theaters, how much of a horror vs a comedy is it? I'm assuming it's more a comedy with horror elements than the other way around?

Probably going to buy it as soon as it comes out, I was bummed I didn't catch it in theaters but it came out at a bad time for me.

It's the other way around. It definitely has some comedic moments, but the movie is mostly a thriller.

Syriel

yeah, the twist with the friend is a great moment in the movie. Really brings the mood up from where it was but I totally expected Peele to come full effect with horror and have it end how reality would be with Chris getting charged or killed on the spot

That was the original ending when he first started making the film.

You are correct.

It was.
I mist have missed that during the absolutely freakin insane climax. Thanks for pointing that out!

So Grandpa (well, actually the fraction of the actual person) quite literally blew his brains out, so he's outta the picture. But Grandma's head/brain was in tact, yeah? So just to name a few, the evidence of Andre and his reaction to a flash and the hard evidence of some type of brain surgery for Grandma that matches up with Chris's story, I don't think he would simply get charged with the crimes as an alternative ending. Total longshot but my guess is that the cop murders Chris on the spot, saves the chick, and the movie ends with something sinister/unsettling having to do with her getting revenge on Rod. But I'll be happy to be 100% wrong, can't freakin wait to see it! :D

hidys

That's 19 days after it premieres in Australia. I'm now asking myself the question of whether or not I should see this film in theatres.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
That's 19 days after it premieres in Australia. I'm now asking myself the question of whether or not I should see this film in theatres.

If you think your theatre will be full, go. This is a great movie to watch with a crowd.

I mist have missed that during the absolutely freakin insane climax. Thanks for pointing that out!

So Grandpa (well, actually the fraction of the actual person) quite literally blew his brains out, so he's outta the picture. But Grandma's head/brain was in tact, yeah? So just to name a few, the evidence of Andre and his reaction to a flash and the hard evidence of some type of brain surgery for Grandma that matches up with Chris's story, I don't think he would simply get charged with the crimes as an alternative ending. Total longshot but my guess is that the cop murders Chris on the spot, saves the chick, and the movie ends with something sinister/unsettling having to do with her getting revenge on Rod. But I'll be happy to be 100% wrong, can't freakin wait to see it! :D

no,
grandma was in the car accident, and presumably died of head trauma when the car wrecked.

I'll be buying it via the iTunes Store five days after it releases here, instead of seeing it in theatres. Likewise with John Wick 2. I don't want to support poor distribution practices.

tomtom94

Today I learned Jordan Peele is married to Chelsea Perretti.

I'm assuming the alternate ending is
Chris escapes but gets shot by the cops
, which I believe was changed
to give (black) audiences catharsis after the shootings of Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin

Why is trash the rapper involved in the extra goodies you get when you buy the blu ray? I wanted to get it, but now I don't want to just because he's on there somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom