• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

I don't see what your point is. A game shipping with issues sucks and all, but it shouldn't magically make you care about a series you couldn't give less of a shit about unless there's a "least broken" award or something.

That it's actually notable that a big game has shipped without any big issues is just sad. Games being broken at launch has to be "Worst Trend" this year.

RamBoleyn

Banned
GB's overall disinterest in Smash wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that come time for GOTY, everyone is going to be bitching about all the disappointing AAA games that shipped broke as hell, and when Dan nominates Smash for GOTY everyone is just going to go "meeeeeeeh".
If they don't like it, they don't like it.

Fanboy logic is the worst.

Indignate

When people I like don't like a thing that I like it makes me feel bad.

Like, why wouldn't they like it if I liked them? Does that mean I actually don't like them or that I don't actually like the thing that I thought I liked because I like them and that wouldn't make sense because then why would I like them to begin with?

AHHHHHHHHH

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
St05I0v.gif

For the question where they ask you what GB could do to make your experience better or whatever, say they should hire some NYC staff!

Oh I should've said that! I just told them to make the search better (though Jeff has already acknowledged that).

Oh and the music question was dumb, I wasn't able to pick three of those genres as my favourites. Grouping electronic music in a single genre is just stupid.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Under the "What are the main reasons you visit Giant Bomb?" y'all should choose "Watch video reviews" just to mess with Jeff

Fantastapotamus

Why does the poll option say United Kingdom and northern Ireland??

Hopefully it was meant to say Republic of Ireland.

Probably because United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the offical name ;)
The Republic of Ireland is not part of the United Kingdom

Probably because United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the offical name ;)
The Republic of Ireland is not part of the United Kingdom

It has been years since someone has used the official name! Although they could have put Scotland as a separate choice >.>

Pls myggen you guys can tell how much I really care about the UK!

Fantastapotamus

They are now all the same. Literally an indistinguishable mass. Might as well call Scotland "Northern England" from now on. :)

Someone's still salty about that No vote...

You guys lost the chance of having Scotland as a separate choice a few weeks ago.

:)

Until next time at least.

They are now all the same. Literally an indistinguishable mass. Might as well call Scotland "Northern England" from now on. :)

tumblr_n9rkaz0uxu1qck9sro2_250.gif

I put down "More premium videos with Jeff". Seems like he's the only one that hasn't had his own premium series.

We need more jar time ASAP

daydream

Banned
I put down "More premium videos with Jeff". Seems like he's the only one that hasn't had his own premium series.

Ah, that's a good one. One of my points was "integrate Patrick into some sort of video-producing team" which I think will be pretty important.

It's not like it's surprising though. Neither of them (Brad, Jeff, Vinny, probably Patrick) have expressed much reverence for Smash for as long as they've been at GB. If anyone hoped that either of them would show much love for the new Smash game, regardless of how good it was, they hadn't really been paying attention. It won't stand a chance come GOTY time, but that's to be expected.

I don't think that's really the issue. If they do all say "man no triple A titles came out this year without being broken" and no one points to the first party Nintendo games, I will be legit disappointed in GB.

They can not like a game all they want, but if they would rather put a broken piece of trash above a functioning game, there's something wrong.

Now having said that, I've never seen their GOTY stuff so I have no idea how any of this would play out.

Volotaire

I'm not the biggest Smash fan, I don't like the fighting mechanics . But I would have loved to watch the GB team fight it in UPF. Shame there's not 8 players in this QL either. This Smash Tour mode really seems very quick.

EDIT: I wish there were more classic FE6/7/8 characters than the new ones in regards to their FE conversation. And I do agree with more insane character choices.

Myggen

I don't think that's really the issue. If they do all say "man no triple A titles came out this year without being broken" and no one points to the first party Nintendo games, I will be legit disappointed in GB.

They can not like a game all they want, but if they would rather put a broken piece of trash above a functioning game, there's something wrong.

Now having said that, I've never seen their GOTY stuff so I have no idea how any of this would play out.

They won't put any of the more broken games on their list because I can't see anyone being a fan of those games even if they worked (Driveclub, Unity etc.). And if you don't like a game you don't like it regardless of how well the online works. As seen on this week's Bombcast they call out broken AAA games, so it's not like they're giving those games a pass.

Brashnir

They won't put any of the more broken games on their list because I can't see anyone being a fan of those games even if they worked (Driveclub, Unity etc.). And if you don't like a game you don't like it regardless of how well the online works. As seen on this week's Bombcast they call out broken AAA games, so it's not like they're giving those games a pass.

yeah, this year there doesn't seem to be any real love for any of those games, but they're not above putting a profoundly broken game atop their GOTY list. Skyrim won one year, after all.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I honestly don't think I like smash brothers all that much either. Granted I've played what amounted to 5 matches in my life, but I always find it really hard to keep track of myself in the chaos.

Apt101

Brad is an enigma. For someone who is usually critical of minutiae, he throws caution to the wind when it comes to loot grinds and cosmetic-driven games. At the same time, I don't recall him ever praising or getting into the greatest combination of the two, TF2.

I find it hilarious that he dragged Jeff into continued Destiny play. Hah. I can just imagine the look on Jeff's face as he sits down for another session of Destiny with Brad.

Edit: and I just thought about how much fun Ryan would have arbitrating those discussions, and now I'm sad. :(

I'm not the biggest Smash fan, I don't like the fighting mechanics . But I would have loved to watch the GB team fight it in UPF. Shame there's not 8 players in this QL either. This Smash Tour mode really seems very quick.

EDIT: I wish there were more classic FE6/7/8 characters than the new ones in regards to their FE conversation. And I do agree with more insane character choices.

I feel like this is the Smash with the most gonzo character choices, though. Melee and Brawl's were fairly typical - between the two, I'd say Ice Climbers, R.O.B. and Game and Watch are the only really weirdo fighters) but this one has the Villager, the Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Duo, Bowser Junior and all 8 Koopalings... it's fairly out there.

Not that I wouldn't mind more, obviously. Especially seeing as I have no idea what they pull from next. (I'm still waiting for Professor Layton.)

Volotaire

I feel like this is the Smash with the most gonzo character choices, though. Melee and Brawl's were fairly typical - between the two, I'd say Ice Climbers, R.O.B. and Game and Watch are the only really weirdo fighters) but this one has the Villager, the Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Duo, Bowser Junior and all 8 Koopalings... it's fairly out there.

Not that I wouldn't mind more, obviously. Especially seeing as I have no idea what they pull from next. (I'm still waiting for Professor Layton.)

Totally agree. There are some insane choices here.

Apt101

A long lost stare into a black void?

Like a man who hates his job but needs the money, blank, drawing himself closer to his desk in his rolling chair and thinking "just make it through the day. Just another day". Perhaps a vigorous single clapping of the hands. A self rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom