• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimaka

Hmm, Dragon Age might have a chance at GOTY or a high spot now that Brad is jumping into it. Could be like a Last of Us situation.

Coonce

wow, Metal gear scanlon today was AMAZING, I was totally expecting them to see right through the
box disguise

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Drew just now:

tYXaOgQ.png

Haha, I kept thinking of that scene.

New Survey on the site. Based on the attached email,it seems the info goes straight to a Research Analyst at CBS Interactive

I guess CBS is still confused as to why Giant Bomb is popular

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
New Survey on the site. Based on the attached email,it seems the info goes straight to a Research Analyst at CBS Interactive

I guess CBS is still confused as to why Giant Bomb is popular

Is one of the questions "You've heart of gamespot, right? Videofuckinggames.goddamnedcom?"

I don't know if Drew reads this thread or not but I'll spoiler just in case:

During some of the codec conversations I can hear Colonel's voice has a filter that I hadn't noticed when playing myself. Was that always the case? The game has more foreshadowing than I realized. I guess they did a good job if you don't notice it the first time you play.

During some of the codec conversations I can hear Colonel's voice has a filter that I hadn't noticed when playing myself. Was that always the case? The game has more foreshadowing than I realized. I guess they did a good job if you don't notice it the first time you play.

Pretty sure that was in the original game. And yeah there's foreshadowing pretty much right from the start. Colonel's talking about "the simulation" and Rose keeps acting weird about how her and Raiden met. Personally I think, the story in MGS2 kinda goes to shit towards the end, but the game still has some of the best mind fucks of all time.

Megasoum

Banned

Pretty sure that was in the original game. And yeah there's foreshadowing pretty much right from the start. Colonel's talking about "the simulation" and Rose keeps acting weird about how her and Raiden met. Personally I think, the story in MGS2 kinda goes to shit towards the end, but the game still has some of the best mind fucks of all time.

Holy shit... I totally forgot about that plot twist! Can't wait!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Holy shit... I totally forgot about that plot twist! Can't wait!

That moment is the entire reason I'm excited for this series. When Dan turns to Drew and says "So, Drew, could you summarize Metal Gear so far?" after that sequence, it'll be worth the annual subscription.

How was UPF?

Eeeh. They played all of the Jackbox games, I didn't really pay attention to You Don't Know Jack because I'll eventually play it and knowing the questions completely ruins it, Fibbage is a known quantity, and two of the games were pretty weak. The last segment was great though, and I'd like to see it come back again once or twice in future UPF.

Renpatsu

Lie Swatter needs to have better music and to utilise the large number of players more prominently in its presentation because it hardly feels like anything is going on.

justjim89

Really surprised to see all the dick jokes and Dan's dick drawings on UPF. Not surprised by Dan but I wouldn't have expected Brad to allow it. GB usually doesn't go that blue. Still it was a fun show.

Chuck

Still without luck
OMG the puppy is so big now!!! ; o ;

EDIT: holy shit!! Dan's fake out that made him win makes me want to root for him from now on. Amazing.

PBalfredo

GB's overall disinterest in Smash wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that come time for GOTY, everyone is going to be bitching about all the disappointing AAA games that shipped broke as hell, and when Dan nominates Smash for GOTY everyone is just going to go "meeeeeeeh".

justjim89

What did Dan do ? I only caught the part when he was laughing like a maniac.

Dan acted like he chose the wrong answer even though he knew the right one, accidentally. He acted really pissy and scoffed to Danny that the answer "is Neuticle" and Danny and Brad chose it while the others chastised him for giving away the answer. All answers are locked in, Dan smiles and says to Danny "I gave away MY answer." 3000 points to Dan. He falsely claimed his own fake answer was the actual one, putting on a great performance in the process.

Myggen

GB's overall disinterest in Smash wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that come time for GOTY, everyone is going to be bitching about all the disappointing AAA games that shipped broke as hell, and when Dan nominates Smash for GOTY everyone is just going to go "meeeeeeeh".

It's not like it's surprising though. Neither of them (Brad, Jeff, Vinny, probably Patrick) have expressed much reverence for Smash for as long as they've been at GB. If anyone hoped that either of them would show much love for the new Smash game, regardless of how good it was, they hadn't really been paying attention. It won't stand a chance come GOTY time, but that's to be expected.

Anyways, looking forward to watching UPF tomorrow!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fibbage, you don't know jack and drawful was fun, but the others... eh.

Still, whole show was worth it for Ryckert maneuver.

I have once again provided my valuable feedback to WWW DOT GIANT BOMB DOT COM in the form of a survery answer.

Yeah, knowing what's coming and listening to the Colonel's speech it's "obvious" that it isn't a human. Not just the way his voice sounds, but the rhythm of his speech too. Some lines definitely have a hint of that unnatural text-to-speech rhythm in them. There was one line in ep. 5 that stood out particularly well. Really impressive stuff.
Where's this survey you guys are talking about?
It popped up when I visited the site, didn't do anything special.

Myggen

Where's this survey you guys are talking about?

It popped up when I visited the site, didn't do anything special.

Okay, thanks. I've seen it pop up on Gamespot, not on GB. I would actually be willing to answer the survey on GB.

27 male! Earns X amount of money a year! College degree! Would like Random PC Game to come back! etc.

Zomba13

Watching drew play through the game and knowing all the twists and turns actually makes it better the second time around.
You pick up on all the subtle foreshadowing and things that seem off.

I only played through the game once though I have started the vita version to go along with MGS2: Sons of Drewberty like I did the first game.

If Patrick is to be believed then everyone one will be involved.

this GOTY deliberation/list should be fucking fun and i can't wait to hear the salt from the fallout.

Mechazawa

I don't see what your point is. A game shipping with issues sucks and all, but it shouldn't magically make you care about a series you couldn't give less of a shit about unless there's a "least broken" award or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom