• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

Platinum Games are all about really varied and deep combat systems and a 10 min gameplay demo wasn't really gonna show anything. That said it seemed a bit... slow.

Hopefully you get to actually control the dragon in some form.

I love all of his Twitter rules. He's the soup nazi of Twitter.

tumblr_nfapg8h8u11u1k1oyo1_540.png

tumblr_nfapg8h8u11u1k1oyo2_540.jpg

tumblr_nfapg8h8u11u1k1oyo3_540.png

tumblr_nfapg8h8u11u1k1oyo4_540.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Totally agree.
I hope it does well, I mean it's a Kamiya game so it'll do good and I'm sure game side is blowing up, but the animations looks stiff, the dragon animated like a square with tangents spinning around and the combat looked more like you're just waiting for the dragon to finish the fight and you could kick back and reap the benefits. That's only a demo read tho, maybe such a large arena space for fighting was a poor demo section.

Zocano

Sony reaaaally needs to up their PS3 compatibility. Like add it at all. Can't believe MS is trouncing them in wanted features.

I just don't see it happening due to logistical reasons. I can see the xbone emulating 360 software, since it's all just von neumann architecture, but PS4 emulating a cell processor sounds like absolute hell (and just unfeasible/impossible).

They don't and they won't.

With the cell architecture of the PS3 I'm not sure there is any way for them to include BC without something like streaming.

PS Now, breh.

It's not coming due to CELL. Even talented developers had issues porting PS3 games to PS4.

MS has better system software, Sony has better hardware.

I just don't see it happening due to logistical reasons. I can see the xbone emulating 360 software, since it's all just von neumann architecture, but PS4 emulating a cell processor sounds like absolute hell (and just unfeasible/impossible).

I guess we'll never see Demons Souls or MGS4. Goddamit Sony and your backwards thinking on hardware architectures.

Finally, the move to x64 architecture is paying off with Train Simulator coming to consoles. What if it was a game of the year version with all $50,000 worth of DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom