• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
GZ pissed me off.

I took out almost all of the guards. Non-lethally. I never set off an alarm.

The scripted "shift change" that happened the moment I rescued Paz completely nullified all of that work. Fuck off.

Of course I was expecting some cheap bullshit like that so I detonated the first C4 charge I'd placed on the far side of the base, as a diversion. Then I called for the helicopter to land in the center of the base and detonated the second C4 charge, which I'd planted on the nearest AA gun.

If there was a feature where Austin played all the Dead Space games, they could call it Austin Space.

tumblr_ntck5kewhn1tsqfxqo3_400.gif

Anjin M

I made it through Metal Gear and I made it through wresting. But, GOD DAMNIT, I will bail on this thread if I have to put up with more puns.

popo

How long is the White Orchard starter zone in Witcher 3 compared to the rest of the game. ?

Looking at the quest list/side quests it has about 20% of the total quests, but of course the quests could get longer as they go on.

How long is the White Orchard starter zone in Witcher 3 compared to the rest of the game. ?

Looking at the quest list/side quests it has about 20% of the total quests, but of course the quests could get longer as they go on.

the side quests seem to be roughly the same amount of commitment as you'll find elsewhere but the main quests get absurdly long after a point. like, multiple hours long.

white orchard is a drop in the bucket. I'm at the point (I think I'm leading up to endgame) where it's not really feasible for me to do multiple story missions in one sitting. I played for 2-3 hours today and that was basically all one story mission.

Doing everything in White Orchard, like all main and side quest and clearing every single point of interest, takes like 5 to 7 hours or so I'd say. That's going off of memory and a bit of a guess, probably plus or minus another hour or two depending on how leisurely you are.

Clearing the other two areas will be about 80-100 hours. So White Orchard is small, 10% or so of the game as a whole. As others have noted, the quests kind of just get longer and longer as the game progresses, with some quests taking multiple hours.

Yeah the main quests in The Witcher 3 are kinda weird in that you can get like three or four pretty distinct missions with clear breakpoints between them and yet they all get rolled up into the same quest.

I remember the "Family Matters" quest in Velen being insanely long. Like 3-4 hours.

popo

the side quests seem to be roughly the same amount of commitment as you'll find elsewhere but the main quests get absurdly long after a point. like, multiple hours long.

white orchard is a drop in the bucket. I'm at the point (I think I'm leading up to endgame) where it's not really feasible for me to do multiple story missions in one sitting. I played for 2-3 hours today and that was basically all one story mission.

thx.

I rented it to see if I liked it (I do) and am now working out if I should just buy it. I have a feeling I won't want to play it all in one go without some other games to break it up, so that would work out better.

Doing everything in White Orchard, like all main and side quest and clearing every single point of interest, takes like 5 to 7 hours or so I'd say. That's going off of memory and a bit of a guess, probably plus or minus another hour or two depending on how leisurely you are.

Clearing the other two areas will be about 80-100 hours. So White Orchard is small, 10% or so of the game as a whole. As others have noted, the quests kind of just get longer and longer as the game progresses, with some quests taking multiple hours.

I just cleared out White Orchard of everything - I though I needed to level up for the Gryphin fight - but it actually went down easily on the one up from default difficulty. It was about 5 hours total. i am sure it would be an hour less if you knew what you were doing with the controls and everything.

Just got done with Ground Zeroes so I can watch Scanlon. Easily the best-playing game in the series so far.

And man, is it short. Took me an hour and a half without any kills.

popo

I can't wait to see Will and Norm's characters!

Well it is being made by the partner that left BermanBraun when they split off their TV stuff - so I doubt Smith and Chan will be allowed within miles of it. Also, there will be a whole batch to new fluffers for Adam to break in. He might not even remember who "The ginger and that chinese guy" are by the end of the shoot. :D

Giant Bomb is the reason I bought Crusader Kings 2 way back then. It's good to see them returning to it once again... I can scarcely imagine how sideways their pursuits will go.

Megasoum

Banned
Well it is being made by the partner that left BermanBraun when they split off their TV stuff - so I doubt Smith and Chan will be allowed within miles of it. Also, there will be a whole batch to new fluffers for Adam to break in. He might not even remember who "The ginger and that chinese guy" are by the end of the shoot. :D

Would be ironic if someone from GB could do a cameo lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
24 will absolutely ruin MGS5 for you. Kiefer Sutherland is and will only be Jack Bauer. It's a great show, though (well up to about season 5).

Myggen

24 will absolutely ruin MGS5 for you. Kiefer Sutherland is and will only be Jack Bauer. It's a great show, though (well up to about season 5).

I seem to remember season 6 or 7 being about some African warlords digging tunnels to the White House and taking it over. That was weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom