• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

There's already the weirdness that a sequel to the original (and best) Endurance Run would entail, I don't think I'd be able to truly appreciate one for P5 if it wasn't Jeff and Vinny.

"PAX Rumble posters!."

2777859-itwasmeaustin.jpg
2777862-pushdrtracksuit.jpg

Anjin M

So, what is everyone who isn't at the panel doing?

guild wars 2 went free to play. so i played a little of that. seems neat, but it certainly isn't the action RPG it kind of bills itself as being sometimes.

I also somehow ended up on a small chiptune kick and now I kind of want to buy shovel knight

neshcom

Banned
Question

Do the GB cast make a living off doing the podcast or do they have other jobs?

I mean, they run Giant Bomb dot com, America's home for a lot of videos, podcasts, and articles. Between on-site ads and premium, yeah, it's a safe bet that they make enough to live off of.

I mean, they run Giant Bomb dot com, America's home for a lot of videos, podcasts, and articles. Between on-site ads and premium, yeah, it's a safe bet that they make enough to live off of.

Only reason I'm asking is because I think Drew mentioned a few weeks ago on a bombcast he ran from work to work to use the shower in the studio (maybe I misunderstood him).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I heard the reason why jeff had to leave seattle quickly was to quickly sell off his remaining kidney because MPP5 nearly destroyed their budget.

Nothing weird on my twitter feed so maybe this panel was pretty normal. I guess if someone drank random bodily fluids or got put though a table we would know by now.

I heard the reason why jeff had to leave seattle quickly was to quickly sell off his remaining kidney because MPP5 nearly destroyed their budget.

I like to think he left the tracksuit back in SF and didnt want to buy a new tracksuit in Seattle because he is super picky about his tracksuits

Just got back from the panel. I'll throw impressions in spoilers.

Way calmer show than past years. No John Drake shenanigans, no Wrestling hype, no heavy Infinity boxes carelessly tossed at unsuspecting skulls... I get the sense that the guys expended a ton of energy between the off-site venue, Mario Party, and various other events that the main panel kind of got put on the backburner. It's almost entirely discussion, so expect essentially just a 90-minute Bombcast with the Bomb & Beast crews. That said, it's some damn great discussion. They touch on the unexpected terrors of VR, Brad weaves around the specifics of MGS V, and Vinny finally finds a loophole to talk about woodworking. Then some Q&A (I actually asked a question about Mario Party, seemed like it went okay), which was a blend of insightful & weird.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sounds perfect honestly. I was getting pretty uncomfortable with all the weird shilling that seemed to increased with each successive pax panel.

Just got back from the panel. I'll throw impressions in spoilers.

Way calmer show than past years. No John Drake shenanigans, no Wrestling hype, no heavy Infinity boxes carelessly tossed at unsuspecting skulls... I get the sense that the guys expended a ton of energy between the off-site venue, Mario Party, and various other events that the main panel kind of got put on the backburner. It's almost entirely discussion, so expect essentially just a 90-minute Bombcast with the Bomb & Beast crews. That said, it's some damn great discussion. They touch on the unexpected terrors of VR, Brad weaves around the specifics of MGS V, and Vinny finally finds a loophole to talk about woodworking. Then some Q&A (I actually asked a question about Mario Party, seemed like it went okay), which was a blend of insightful & weird.

So the questions weren't terrible or awkward?

FuzzyAssassin

Neo Member
There was one absolutely terrible or weird question that related to the asker brushing his teeth with shampoo to save time. But besides that it was pretty mild.

There was one absolutely terrible or weird question that related to the asker brushing his teeth with shampoo to save time. But besides that it was pretty mild.

dumb person asking a random question to be funny aside, and also severe health effects aside, how the fuck would that save time? you still have to put it on your toothbrush. just brush your teeth in the shower. it's the same thing except you're using something you're meant to be using.

demidar

dumb person asking a random question to be funny aside, and also severe health effects aside, how the fuck would that save time? you still have to put it on your toothbrush. just brush your teeth in the shower. it's the same thing except you're using something you're meant to be using.

I cut my nails in the shower, but that's it.

Brushing your teeth with shampoo sounds dangerous. I mean you're not even suppose to get that stuff in your eyes.

demidar

Thank you! I always mess up the timezone stuff, so I'm glad if there are countdowns for things

I've learnt not to rely on Giant Bomb's timezone converter. Everything that shows up on the schedule is shown to go live 2 hours after it actually does, and has caused me to miss a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom