• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different people prioritize different things with games, I thought Zeno Clash's gameplay was just serviceable but loved experiencing the world and characters.

I can think of plenty of games where the actual gameplay or combat or what have you was mediocre but other aspects drew me in: Spec Ops: The Line, first couple Witcher games, etc.

whoa there cowboy, ill give you the first witcher but i actually enjoyed how TW2 played. Hell, depending on my mood I would say it's the best game in the series.

whoa there cowboy, ill give you the first witcher but i actually enjoyed how TW2 played. Hell, depending on my mood I would say it's the best game in the series.

Not trying to say it objectively sucked, frankly I got tired of Witcher 3's combat too long before that game was over, but I enjoyed the other parts of those games well enough to keep going.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is anyone else not able to log into Giant Bomb (I"m getting a 500 on login)? I really want to watch the new Phantasmagoria video. :(

Zaph

Dan's t-shirt shilling is 100% gross.

At best mocking his audience, at worst a real dick's dick.

Dan in 10 years at PAX

**RYCKERT**

PERISCOPE
SUPERSTAR

[IMG ]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WCrIotSdkFA/SLgntUb0uZI/AAAAAAAAAaA/TX--bDDmaQU/s320/wrestling+superstar+virgil.jpg[/IMG]
I see Dan posted another tshirt last night. I've never bought any GB merch apart from the first free member shirt, but I hope he keeps on keeping on just for posts like these.

Bowlie

Banned
When exactly did (mgsv spoilers)
Thunder Volgin turn into Fire Volgin
?

first one. that game is also on the verge of exploding half the time. real shoddy programming job all around

an one hour episode where they just train their monster to even his stats to successfully digivolve to Greymon, but fail and Numemon shows up.

Last week's Beast cast is pretty hysterical but I don't think it can be like this again for another 36 episodes

I feel like Vinny has been listening to a lot of McElroy podcasts

Bacon

Last week's Beast cast is pretty hysterical but I don't think it can be like this again for another 36 episodes

I feel like Vinny has been listening to a lot of McElroy podcasts

I loved everything except for the GameStop character. That went on for way too long.

mattp

havent check this thread since yesterday and...there's a conspiracy that dan is just using his position at giantbomb to trick his fans into buying him free amiibos?

lol

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The new Doom trailer looks kinda....eh to me? I dunno, not feeling it.
havent check this thread since yesterday and...there's a conspiracy that dan is just using his position at giantbomb to trick his fans into buying him free amiibos?

lol

#Dantrails

Dragon Warrior Monsters
> Beyblade > Digimon > Yugioh > > Pokemon

#Dantrails

Dan joins Giantbomb---(red yarn)---twitter followers go up---(blue yarn)---Amiibo numbers go up---(red yarn)---Crappy T-shirts orders go up---(black yarn)---ALL THE NUMBERS GO UP WAKE UP SHEEPLE

AAd3CH7.jpg

Frenden

Banned
I don't remember Monster Rancher, is that the one with the weird yellow eye monster?

Yes. My wife and I hit eBay* hard and bought all the rare CDs for one and two that made special monsters. I was one of those weirdos that uploaded save files to battle others over the internet.

There's been nothing like it since and I don't understand how no one has made a spiritual successor since Tecmo doesn't seem interested. It's criminal. Criminal!

*Don't judge. EBay was a real thing there for a while.

Yes. My wife and I hit eBay* hard and bought all the rare CDs for one and two that made special monsters. I was one of those weirdos that uploaded save files to battle others over the internet.

There's been nothing like it since and I don't understand how no one has made a spiritual successor since Tecmo doesn't seem interested. It's criminal. Criminal!

It's still real for Paul Ryckert!

hah, in the most recent (?) season of Game Center CX, they've had a recurring Monster Rancher segment. that game was fascinating.

It could be a great mobile game. And because smart phones tend to have a camera, people could utilize that for the monster creating!

It could be a great mobile game. And because smart phones tend to have a camera, people could utilize that for the monster creating!

I mean Yo-kai Watch has something similar. there was a silly story recently of some japanese dude whose pictures would create rare Yo-kai almost every time

Frenden

Banned
I have a design doc for a successor that uses your current/phone GPS coordinates as your seed for random monster generation.

Specific places can have rare monsters attached to them (if you're at the Eiffel Tower, you get a rare monster, etc.).

Someone give me the time and money, please.

Beyblade was good.

The first 3 seasons of that series were insane (kinda like Yugioh but for spinning tops), the others are fucking dogshit as far as i'm concerned.

come at me bros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom