• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's the battery pokemon.

And it's amazing.

Look at its dex entry.

Its body is capable of storing electricity. On camping trips, people are grateful to have one around.

IT'S A LITERAL POWER PACK POKEMON.

If there's no Merchandise where it's a power pack shaped like charja bug I'll be super disappointed.

And if there is I will buy them all.

Don't forget his evolution.

29e4f774eae20b920a5ba6a66d8d2d0b7cd008e9bb4e18cb89d6fd4bfe1723e7_1.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
During one UPF Vinny played some weird FMV game were I think you play as Kennedy and try to find your "assassin"? Anybody remember that game or that UPF?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

robotrock

Banned
Nevermind, no one at Giant Bomb has touched FFXV yet. They got the game later than most outlets.

Give me some impressions in time for the bombcast tomorrow brad pleeeeaase

Mr. F

Banned
Furi soundtrack is great, but I don't think any of the guys played past a few bosses so it'll get ignored: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaBeViK2rIU

Hyper Light Drifer is fucking Disasterpeace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq7a_ktfYck

Also if there's one fucking thing about No Man's Sky that is unequivocally awesome, it's the soundtrack. It deserved a better game to go along with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZMJPNekzds

But Doom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm932Sqwf5E

Also I should play Abzu. Austin Wintory, man.

Hyper Light Drifter is fantastic, great music to work to. It bums me out that it'll probably be ignored for GOTY, I don't think anyone really got into it aside from Brad(??)

daveo42

Banned
Nevermind, no one at Giant Bomb has touched FFXV yet. They got the game later than most outlets.

Give me some impressions in time for the bombcast tomorrow brad pleeeeaase

Main story is only 20hrs long so he could get through most of it today if he really wanted to.

I've been playing FFXV this weekend and enjoying it quite a bit. My only real complaint is that I still feel a bit clumsy with the combat, especially when I need to block in large groups of enemies.

The "boyband" arent nearly as annoying as I expected them to be when I first saw the trailers. I like a lot of their interactions.

One of my favourite parts though is just the stupid little photography side bit where Prompto will take photos throughout the day and then you choose which ones you keep when you go to bed or camp out. Its just nice to go through them as some are posed and some are during fights or exploring. Dumb but I'm looking forward to going back through them when I complete the game!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does Nintendo announcing and shipping a minuscule amount of NES Minis and turning it into a scalper paradise for Christmas count as a Hot MEss?

LiK

Listening to Beastcast and how has Bakalar not seen all those super popular kids animated movies? Thought he had kids.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Aging? How does it work
Exactly! How does it work?

Listening to Beastcast and how has Bakalar not seen all those super popular kids animated movies? Thought he had kids.
Still a baby, I think.

I'm always amazed by how well they know plots and characters (by name) of movies like Ocean's Twelve. Like, that's a completely forgettable movie. Not that it's bad or anything, but yeah.

Teddified

He only has one kid as far as I know and I don't think he is even 1 yet.

Edit: whoops it's a boy I dunno why I thought it was a girl. Also he calls his son 1 in the megadads gamer blog thing so I might have been wrong on both accounts lol.

I've put on so many kids movies in the car on roadtrips. I've heard Lego Movie 10 times, but, never watched it. It sounds really funny.

LiK

Doesn't he have a baby? He probably doesn't want to be one of THOSE parents.

You mean like Vinny? XD

He only has one kid as far as I know and I don't think she is even 1 yet.

Ok, that explains it. Thought he had a toddler.

I've put on so many kids movies in the car on roadtrips. I've heard Lego Movie 10 times, but, never watched it. It sounds really funny.

It's an okay movie. Overrated, imo. But the visuals are amazing.

Strax

I'm always amazed by how well they know plots and characters (by name) of movies like Ocean's Twelve. Like, that's a completely forgettable movie. Not that it's bad or anything, but yeah.

This

While I knew the basic plot and the lead actors in all the movies them knowing the name of EMP device they used in the movie was on another level. Wikipedia doesn't even list it by name.

jaina

Hyper Light Drifter is fantastic, great music to work to. It bums me out that it'll probably be ignored for GOTY, I don't think anyone really got into it aside from Brad(??)
Pretty sure Vinny played it after sitting in on Austin's QL. Had positive and negative things to say on Beastcast. And Alex did the Unfinished in 2014 and might have played it as well?

Zornack

Did anyone else play that Yesterday adventure game from a few years ago that Vinny liked? The one with the hobo abduction? It was pretty good and apparently a sequel/prequel just came out.

Why, as someone who hasn't played a Final Fantasy since X, am I so interested in XV? I guess it's a combination of that JRPG itch I've had for like 18 months and the game seemingly doing something meaningfully different for the series.

Why, as someone who hasn't played a Final Fantasy since X, am I so interested in XV? I guess it's a combination of that JRPG itch I've had for like 18 months and the game seemingly doing something meaningfully different for the series.

I played it at E3 and thought the new battle system was awful, but maybe I'm in the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom