• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
They should just re brand the Bombcast and call it the "Jeff&Brad talk for an hour show" cause that's what it's gonna be. There won't be new games, there won't be any news and there won't be anybody else on the podcast. They should just make Rorie a permanent member. That guy can talk a lot.

SomberOwl

As long as were on the topic of the podcasts. Do you guys think the Bombcast / Beastcast improve or go down in quality with the move?

Personally I think the Bombcast has the chance to be really great with a new hire and someone fresh. I also think the Beastcast definitely will not be as good. Like people have said before, the 4 man lineup they had with Austin was the best. It's still good now but I think it will become even more juvenile with Dan there and might become unlistenable. Austin really grounded that podcast and incited good conversations. It's practically a self help podcast at this point...

LiK

Time and time again, people move or leave and get hired and it keeps on trucking. Different flow but always fun and enjoyable. I have no worries about the podcast quality.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I expect the opposite, atleast for a couple of months. The Beastcast worked well with Dan, better than the Bombcast. But west has a real problem now if they don't want it to become the Jeff & Brad cast. They really need to be wary of that, but I think they are.
The next west hire won't be so soon either, by all we know.

Time and time again, people move or leave and get hired and it keeps on trucking. Different flow but always fun and enjoyable. I have no worries about the podcast quality.

Sure, but what about the interim between when Dan leaves and 2020 when they hire a replacement? Remember what it was like before Dan and Jason were hired?

Agreed. Beastcast is going to be top tier with Dan there, very much enjoyed it with Dan there. Vinny is really good at playing off of others and Dan adds a lot.

Hopefully West will pick up a new hire relatively quickly because otherwise I can definitely see it just being the Brad/Jeff show (more than it already is).

Mupod

They should just re brand the Bombcast and call it the "Jeff&Brad talk for an hour show" cause that's what it's gonna be. There won't be new games, there won't be any news and there won't be anybody else on the podcast. They should just make Rorie a permanent member. That guy can talk a lot.

Put Rorie on permanently and adopt the Beastcast's corrections segment. Bam, 4 hour podcast every week.

Meneses

Just scrap the Bombcast and turn it into "Drew makes puns, impressions and silly voices for 2 hours", it's always been the best part of it anyway.

Zornack

Dan is great.

As long as were on the topic of the podcasts. Do you guys think the Bombcast / Beastcast improve or go down in quality with the move?

Personally I think the Bombcast has the chance to be really great with a new hire and someone fresh. I also think the Beastcast definitely will not be as good. Like people have said before, the 4 man lineup they had with Austin was the best. It's still good now but I think it will become even more juvenile with Dan there and might become unlistenable. Austin really grounded that podcast and incited good conversations. It's practically a self help podcast at this point...

I think the Bombcast will dip until they get a new hire and then hopefully improve beyond what is today but only as long as the new hire is as talkative as Brad and Jeff.

As for the Beastcast, I think the new roster will make it better than it's ever been. I was never a fan of Austin's podcast performance. I enjoyed him in video content but found him grating on the Beastcast. I'm okay with an increase in juvenility and Dan has great chemistry with everyone over there.

Dan is a nightmare person but he's also one of the best things about the site, so they're not mutually exclusive.

Brad just takes 42 minutes to complete an Elusive Target - on his second try.

The beastcast was great with Dan. And Austin was always better on video content and streams than on the podcast, the Beastcast with him wasn't some high water mark.

Patryn

Well, I expect the opposite, atleast for a couple of months. The Beastcast worked well with Dan, better than the Bombcast. But west has a real problem now if they don't want it to become the Jeff & Brad cast. They really need to be wary of that, but I think they are.
The next west hire won't be so soon either, by all we know.

At this point, I think there's a remote possibility the new hire doesn't happen until 2018. Unlikely, but possible.

Grisby

I think Alex, Vinny, and Jeff should be able to keep the "How does this work?" questions to a minimium.

Dan is an enthusiastic guy, but some of that stuff just gets old. It'll be cool to hear about his New York experiences, hopefully.

Is everyone still gonna be around for UPF? If so, I wonder if they'll have guests like they did in 2014 (Patrick's last UPF). That Mount Your Friends between Vinny and Dan was epic (Dan claims he did not throw that game to let Vinny win). I mean it is Dan's last regular UPF (unless they have one on December 23rd). What if they do Mario Party 9 and 10 as the games?

oti

Banned
Super Mario Maker is better than anything released in 2016.

Wait, hold on.

Is Super Mario Maker the old games?
Isn't it the oldest the old games in a sense?

I feel bad for looking up some Witness solutions. I found the puzzles that teach you what you need to know shortly afterward. Go figure. You need patience and a creative brain for that game, but it's really good at what it does. It's super addictive.

I feel bad for looking up some Witness solutions. I found the puzzles that teach you what you need to know shortly afterward. Go figure. You need patience and a creative brain for that game, but it's really good at what it does. It's super addictive.

I got a sense of satisfaction while playing The Witness that I've never had before with a game. I wish I had more time to finish it. I know I could, but some of the puzzles just take me so long.

I would definitely try holding out from looking stuff up as much as you can (for the puzzles you have remaining at least). If you get stuck in one area, leave and do another area. Some puzzles use mechanics from other areas, and several times I would figure out the mechanic from one area by doing puzzles in an unrelated area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom