• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

As someone who used to be one - people who whine about the lack of GB content - and those who instantly jump in to defend for that matter - make this thread pretty boring. It is the same old shit round and round in circles.

If you don't think it is worth your sub then vote with your wallet. It is the only sure fire way of making anyone on staff notice. There are an awful lot of other sites and streamers out there. It doesn't pay to lean on one site so much.

Tubobutts

That's the thing, how much do you separate the person from the product?
That's a decision for each individual to make in each situation, but I can still be disappointed in Jeff especially because I think the way he wasnt afraid to call Oculus out when the news came out was very well done.

It seems like it and that's severely disappointing

That's the unfortunate thing with the internet. People get super angry about something (sometimes warranted, other times, perhaps less) and then suddenly don't and move on until something else pops up. There's a lot of things, like this, that get forgotten but shouldn't. One major problem is these issues seldom leave the internet, which is why they almost never gain traction. Most people don't know Oculus. Even more people don't know who Palmer Luckey is. Did this story ever make the mainstream news? It probably should have.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You don't

But he's not endorsing the oculus. He's just informing people about it. He's not even making the Case that people should go out and buy it.

I'd be disappointed if he's shilling for palmer's "how memes elected Trump" manifesto. But the oculus is not really equivalent. Should he stop covering the oculus from now on, and just cut it out when discussing vr? Because then you should find his discussion about it on the Bombcast this week equally disappointing.

Rainmaker

Banned
At the end of the day, the casts alone are worth me throwing $50 a year their way. Wanting more is a good problem to have.

same here. I get the criticisms and everyone has that right but I know I'm in the minority in that I like all of their content. It's not really about the games to me. I like UPF and stuff even it's just them chilling and talking. I don't expect everything they put out to be "oh my god" status. But like it was said above this thread is borderline toxic because it's just a big circle of arguing pros and cons constantly. It's absolutely awful and that sucks because I have nowhere else to watch discussions around GB and I like most of the people in this thread.

On the Oculus thing: If people quit partaking in things because the people in charge of it are shitty human beings we wouldn't have hardly anything.

It's the most moving and powerful games I've ever played. I just finished it tonight and have been an emotional wreck ever since. It's so, so good, if you're at all an animal person you really need to play it, the AI and animation on Trico is just the best, easily the most impressive and awesome (literal sense) digital creature I've ever interacted with.

So yeah, I think it's good. It's hands-down my GOTY.

so does the animal die or the kid die

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like people know the gaming minute isn't a paid advertiser spot, or even something meant to advertise something right?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I can't find the quote and I won't attempt to paraphrase but it was something she mentioned during the pushback over hiring Dan. It wasn't accusatory, it was an observation about the culture of the site.

I'm still not quite sure what you're trying to say tbh. What does that have to do with Occulus?

Tubobutts

Like people know the gaming minute isn't a paid advertiser spot, or even something meant to advertise something right?
I don't know, maybe this just seems different to me because it's specifically about the Oculus rather than being a more incidental mention?

Personally I don't think they should cover the Oculus at all, but I understand that that's not realistic.

I'm still not quite sure what you're trying to say tbh. What does that have to do with Occulus?

Not that I necessarily agree with this sentiment, but probably something along the lines of Giant Bomb having the reputation of a fairly insular, boys club-ish culture.

The Oculus tie-in would be Palmer showing up on their couch a handful of times.

I don't think Giant Bomb has ever been a site to 'blacklist' a whole platform because the conduct of an employee(Even if it was the owner)?

Enjoyed Shadow of the Colossus well enough, never actually played Ico. Might wait for a framerate patch though.

Ico's better than both. You should play that first.

My fucking controller is about to die because I'm going to break it in half trying to play this thing. Seriously, TLG is maybe the worst feeling game I've played this year.

I had Trico refuse to cooperate only once during my playthrough, but I wanted to hurl my PS4 out a window for those ten minutes.

Chuck

Still without luck
No he doesn't actually want to know and you shouldn't post spoilers in here 2 days after the game was released.

Salarians

CzMZmTWUoAAiX1C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom