• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
V61uYjq.gif

I don't know how I feel that I kind of want to see the Bowser party mode, I'm curious what the gimmick is.

In Bowser Party, the fifth player controls Bowser using the Wii U GamePad. In this mode, the four main players are tasked with reaching the end of the board without losing all of their hearts whilst avoiding being caught by Bowser, who is trying to stop them. If Bowser catches up to the other players, a minigame takes place in which Bowser uses the GamePad's features to activate various devices, such as tilt controlled fire rods, pinball flippers, and breathing fire, whilst the other players attempt to take as little damage as possible. The players win if at least one player makes it to the end of the board with their hearts intact, but if all players are defeated, Bowser wins.

Jason should have been Bowser

Wunder

Because of precedent set in Patrick v Dan, the ultimate winner is the person who won the last match, not the winner of the most matches.

So Jeff is the ultimate winner.

That's disappointing!

I also found the stats from Turboman - Brad was awfully smug during all those MPPs for only winning once

I mean, they're both mediocre products that owe most of their success to the Mario brand, so

Even if that were true, it's not what you were talking about. Trashcan needs to get on the same fucking page as everyone else! Also, it makes a difference in that it's obvious why people hate Mario Party (it's a nightmare game). As for Mario Run, people hate it because ???

justjim89

I'd rather play Super Mario Run ten times out of ten instead of mindless inane clicker bullshit like Adventure Capitalist. Jeff has such weird tastes and peculiarities.

Lunar FC

Downloaded Mario Run on my ipad mini and unistalled it before I finished the tutorial. Awful.

Also, is it just because I have a gen 1 mini that this games looks bad? I was expecting it to look amazing after Jeff's comments on the visuals.

oti

Banned
I'd rather play Super Mario Run ten times out of ten instead of mindless inane clicker bullshit like Adventure Capitalist. Jeff has such weird tastes and peculiarities.

That's what's so weird and intriguing about Jeff. In one moment he kinda makes sense, even if you don't agree with him, and in the next he talks about clicker games as if they were actually worth caring about other than in an "look at this dumb thing I played for 30 minutes and then stopped" kind of fashion. But it's a good reminder here and there to evaluate his taste. It's mostly bad.

One moment: "Yeah this game is mechanically sound but it's more of the same. I don't like it."
Next: "So I played [interchangeable clicker game with literally no gameplay at all] and I really liked it."

Meguro

Banned
The things Jeff likes about videogames is fascinating to me because I feel like I can't ever unwrap if he is gonna shit on something or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom