• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
There's like 2 games that requires the sensor bar in MP10 and I think the other one is a Bowser mode one. All the menu stuff can be done with the dpad iirc

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The things Jeff likes about videogames is fascinating to me because I feel like I can't ever unwrap if he is gonna shit on something or not.
I think he's first and foremost a gameplay guy. But nothing too bloated or obscure, it has to be accessible. And then he values innovation, too. Especially in established genres.

You guys have to understand that Jeff has has been doing this so long that it's refreshing for him when a game eschews quaint and outdated concepts like "gameplay" and is honest about the only real reason any of us are on this earth: We want to see the numbers go higher.

oti

Banned
I think he's first and foremost a gameplay guy. But nothing too bloated or obscure, it has to be accessible. And then he values innovation, too. Especially in established genres.
And I think his limit of samey games is two unless there's a really cool character or something that makes things fun. He liked Far Cry 4 a lot despite it being the same game as Far Cry 3.

You guys have to understand that Jeff has has been doing this so long that it's refreshing for him when a game eschews quaint and outdated concepts like "gameplay" and is honest about the only real reason any of us are on this earth: We want to see the numbers go higher.

I wonder if best clicker game will still be a category this year. Or even best fmv game. Best VR probably replaced one of these.

pizzacat

Banned
The clicker thing is something hes explained before, its just a distilled version of what he gets in other games. Numbers go up

And that shit is hot. Everytime i get a new hard drive shits like christmas seeing bars go up

Hes one of the only ones out there who can like a game that doesnt put story first and right now theres too many devs out there that think that should be the norm 😴😴😴

Jeff likes:
The Old games
The games with guns
When the numbers go up.
Whats his opinion on ac units

FStop7

Banned
Jeff is good at identifying a game's weaknessss and critiquing those weaknesses fairly.

When it comes to identifying a game's strengths is where he's very inconsistent and sometimes out and out bad.

In short, I trust his negative reviews more than his positive reviews.

Hitman pet peeve

The fact they made all the elusive target intro videos back when they thought they would only have them up for 48 hours so each video starts with a 48 hour count down even though targets are now up for 7 days

justjim89

Ugh, whining about airports in the Beastcast today. That's gotta be one of my top pet peeves. You're paying hundreds of dollars to fly across the entire country in a metal tube on a journey that would otherwise take the better part of a week. Chill. Not to mention in this day and age, you hear all kinds of actual horror stories from Muslims and people of Middle Eastern descent being harassed, bullied and detained unjustly just for how they look. Check your privilege at the door, okay? Sorry your seat was moved from the window to the middle. You'll live.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Ugh, whining about airports in the Beastcast today. That's gotta be one of my top pet peeves. You're paying hundreds of dollars to fly across the entire country in a metal tube on a journey that would otherwise take the better part of a week. Chill. Not to mention in this day and age, you hear all kinds of actual horror stories from Muslims and people of Middle Eastern descent being harassed, bullied and detained unjustly just for how they look. Check your privilege at the door, okay? Sorry your seat was moved from the window to the middle. You'll live.

Complaining about video games or Windows 10 tho. That's important!

Funnily enough, the "there are worse things in the world, you'll live" argument is one of MY top pet peeves.

strafer

What the fuck was that? That was barely a mario party, what happened to the 3 hour ones.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

I'm with Dan on this one.

Voras

I mean you can take that argument a step further and say people complaining on a video game forum about people complaining about airplanes on a video game podcast is a pretty privileged position to be in as well. Some people on the internet, hell even on this forum, come to talk about how they might be arrested for trying to buy food so their family can stay alive. There's almost always a worse situation a person can be in, doesn't mean people shouldn't complain about not getting what they paid for.

Jintor

dude they're not saying my pain is paramount or some shit, they're just saying how they feel about their shitty airports

Tubobutts

leave Brad's hair alone
1310944-longhaired_brad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom