• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Best Steam

MhFhL.jpg

I'm having nightmares. I'm glad Steam doesn't suck any more.

Megasoum

Banned
Just watched the Astroneer video. Really glad that Jeff and Brad's opinion on the game turned by the end of the quicklook.

They barely scratched the surface of what you can do, the game is fucking amazing.

J_Viper

The Witness is so beautiful but I don't know what the fuck it wants from me.

It goes from "connect the dots" to "what does L mean?" in the span of two minutes.

Just watched the Astroneer video. Really glad that Jeff and Brad's opinion on the game turned by the end of the quicklook.

They barely scratched the surface of what you can do, the game is fucking amazing.

Yeah I loved how they just kept going

"Well Brad, that's the Astronee-"
"Oh wait is that the cave"
"...I guess we better find out."
"Oh this is totally the cav-*Dies*"
"Well that's the Astron-"
"I CAN MAKE A TRUCK"
"Well shit...guess we better make that truck"

jaina

Why didn't they put achievement tracking back in? I liked it. Other achievements sites seem to still be running with no problem.

The website had to be redeveloped after the CBSi move (because the codebase was not part of the deal). Not much time, so rebuilding the achievement tracking had low priority. Giant Bomb does not have huge engineering resources, and to this day other stuff (e.g. the video player or wiki rewrite) are preferred.

Ashby

In our dreams. When I go to sleep tonight, I will hear Jeff's sweet dulce tones about old video games whisper softly into my ear. He will softly whisper 'Pong' and I will smile in my sleep.

Wait are you joking because I can't be the only one who falls asleep to that most nights

Anjin M

Considering how often CD Projekt gives it away, I can't imagine there is anyone who doesn't already own The Witcher (that's the first one). But if you have somehow missed getting one, I have a giftable copy on GOG to give away. Any takers?

I got next to no sleep

I just have to get through a half day of work. Then I can see star wars. Then I can sleep.

I have 2 hours before I have to leave home so maybe Ill do that Hitman target too.

I got next to no sleep

I just have to get through a half day of work. Then I can see star wars. Then I can sleep.

I have 2 hours before I have to leave home so maybe Ill do that Hitman target too.

Speaking of Star Wars, Gary Whitta is the guest on this week's GameOverGreggy Show over at Kinda Funny. The entire episode is nothing but Rogue One. Lots of neat insight.

Seeing Gary Whitta's name displayed huge on the big screen, at the end of a movie that was actually good, made me smile.

Yup. I hope it leads to good things for him. He published a novel called Abomination in the past year. I wonder if he'll see a bump in sales due to Rogue One's success. I think it'd be pretty sweet if some studio picked up the rights to the novel for a theatrical adaptation with Gary adapting it himself.

Edit- Wow. The Amazon Kindle version is just $.99 and for just $2.99 more, you can get the Audible version with it. I remember being able to get a similar deal when I got The Martian. The Kindle e-book and the audio book are synced together.

I haven't thought of Gary Whitta for god knows how long before I was reminded he wrote this movie a few days ago.

Good for him for finally having a winner though. From working on scripts for Duke Nukem Forever to Star Wars is a hell of a jump.

Speaking of Star Wars, Gary Whitta is the guest on this week's GameOverGreggy Show over at Kinda Funny. The entire episode is nothing but Rogue One. Lots of neat insight.

Oooohhhh thanks for sharing that, I will definitely be checking it out! I remember liking him years ago on This is Only a Test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom