• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness the Bombcast is in dire straits. I think I skipped more than half of it this week. Hopefully Horizon will get them back on track, but none of them play any games besides Jeff apparently...

Strax

image.php

robotrock

Banned
I am now downloading the Yakuza 6 demo off the Hong Kong PSN store... Yakuza 0.. What have you done to me!

yeah after yakuza 0 i started up my copy of yakuza 4 from PS plus and ran through that, so good. currently playing yakuza 5 and having a hell of a time.

trying to get a hold of a copy of yakuza ishin so i can play that too

Megasoum

Banned
yeah after yakuza 0 i started up my copy of yakuza 4 from PS plus and ran through that, so good. currently playing yakuza 5 and having a hell of a time.

trying to get a hold of a copy of yakuza ishin so i can play that too

Ah yeah, I forgot I got that too a while ago... Too bad I'm not plugging my PS3 back for that... I wish PS4 had back compat like XB1.

While Polygon and Waypoint are deciding who the fuck, I think this year is the year to bring back the "video game character we would most like to party with" award.

Lets class it up. Video game characters arent just slabs of polygonal meat!

I would totally go on a night on the town with the Yakuza bros. Sing some Karaoke, Play some Space Harrier. LIVE IT UP!

robotrock

Banned
I actually don't mind plugging the PS3... It's the fucking Dual Shock 3 I don't want to see again.

You might be able to play it with a DS4 on your PS3. I just replayed Shadow of the Colossus like that and it was great!

But yes, as TraBuch said, Yakuza 4 really is absolutely worth plugging your PS3 back in for. Awesome game.

Hindl

While Polygon and Waypoint are deciding who the fuck, I think this year is the year to bring back the "video game character we would most like to party with" award.

Lets class it up. Video game characters arent just slabs of polygonal meat!

I would totally go on a night on the town with the Yakuza bros. Sing some Karaoke, Play some Space Harrier. LIVE IT UP!

Kinda pointless to bring it back, you just found the winner right there

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, I don't mind the 3.

I'm actually still not too used to the DS4. The way the controller sits in my hands makes the sticks feel kinda slippery.

Also the PS button is too low for my liking. Feels weird to reach for it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Knowing Yakuza 1
I wonder how the beastcast will feel when they reach kiwani if they're really invested into the bro aspect between kazuma and nishiki.

Megasoum

Banned
Eh, I don't mind the 3.

I'm actually still not too used to the DS4. The way the controller sits in my hands makes the sticks feel kinda slippery.

Also the PS button is too low for my liking. Feels weird to reach for it.

My favorite one right now is actually the revised XB1 controller. DS4 is also great.

360 is still good but it feels so old now.

robotrock

Banned
Knowing Yakuza 1
I wonder how the beastcast will feel when they reach kiwani if they're really invested into the bro aspect between kazuma and nishiki.

Yakuza 1 spoilers
watching the recap of 1-3 before playing 4 i really couldn't believe all that shit goes down in the first game. 0 sets everything up so perfectly so that the events of 1 hit extra hard. some part of me regrets not just waiting for kiwami, but i really wanted to play more yakuza right after 0 and i wasnt about to play the PS2 US version of 1 with the dub.

Is this show still worth watching?

Do you enjoy the idea of watching a presidential administration full of whip-smart Democrats led by a charismatic president who gets shit done and can talk his opponents under the table?

It's basically liberal comfort food. And the writing holds up. It's The Good Sorkin, not the Newsroom Sorkin.

Raguna

Neo Member
The Bombcast has been pretty dull lately, especially when put in contrast to the Beastcast.
Now more than ever they need to invite some guests on to spice things up a bit until the new hire comes in.

Maybe its time they do chat questions on the bombcast now that its live?

Do it after emails.

Its a idea. I dont think it would hurt anything once they dont read chat for the entire show and leave it till the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom