• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't believe Starcraft remastered looks like Starcraft and not Starcraft 2

its a good thing. i just cant believe blizzard did it

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Everybody is going to hate me but the more I watch BittE the more I think that Yakuza 0 is an incredibly boring game.
It reminds me of Saint's Row 3, a game everybody loved for it's craziness while I was super bored with it.

BearPawB

Banned
Everybody is going to hate me but the more I watch BittE the more I think that Yakuza 0 is an incredibly boring game.
It reminds me of Saint's Row 3, a game everybody loved for it's craziness while I was super bored with it.

Difference between watching and playing I would say

When did we all decide that StarCraft 2 was a huge disappointment? Because it certainly wasn't at launch.

When the pro scene imploded. The campaigns were good stupid fun, but they failed the competitive scene and all those players just want to play more SC1

Wunder

When did we all decide that StarCraft 2 was a huge disappointment? Because it certainly wasn't at launch.

Probably around 2014-2015 near the tail end of the first expansion. I wouldn't say huge, but there was both issues within the single player and the multiplayer aspects of the game that made SC2 a hard game to keep playing.

Bc6CxwW.png

Was looking at the staff page for CNET and I think I found Jeff's seller alias

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wrong about commas, wrong about everything.

Idk, I was enthralled while playing. And not just because of the wacky side quests, but the main story is really good.

I mean, I'm not saying nobody can enjoy it. But 80% of the side quests are pretty much "go there-punch somebody-go back" with almost no variation. And the combat just looks dull and repetitive.
I do think the story is really good so far though, which is why I enjoy watching them play the game.

Meneses

I absolutely adored playing through Yakuza 0 (it's my number one so far) and also really enjoy watching them play it.

Saints Row, on the other hand, was indeed a pile of shit.

In other news, Nier is pretty awesome and it cannot be stressed enough how great that soundtrack is, even though there were a couple of "chanting" themes that were very close to being too grating - almost like the Witcher's battle theme which helped me decide to stop playing it, but luckily these ones weren't that bad.

Little details like songs changing when
you finish the music box quest
and when
you're hacking
are pretty cool.

KingKong

I'm not entirely sure but mostly the sidequest stuff to date has just been 'okay-to-great' writing while not really doing too much interesting gameplay wise. You do get some cool archives once in a while.

The main game, though... man from route C onwards that game is fucking bonkers intense.

I agree but I think they really screwed up with route B. It should have been half as long,
basically just the new parts. No point in redoing all those missions with 2B as 9S just for a little extra cutscene. Plus it really does seem like just a slightly different new game+, If I didn't read that part C is where the game really 'starts', I don't know if I would have even finished the second playthrough

Rainmaker

Banned
Don't know if it's been posted yet but here is the article Jeb Lund wrote about marathoning the Fast and Furious films a long time ago that Alex brought up on F&40's.

oti

Banned
Yeah, because a Powerbombcast every two months would really hurt their weekly Bombcast output.

Oh right, there was a wrestling podcast. Totally forgot about that. Sure. Why not. If that makes you happy, I hope they'll do those again.

Nerokis

Home button suspend does not count for the activity log.
(I know because the TMS in-game timer continued while the activity log had the lower, more accurate time)

Good to know. Thanks.

Weird that the TMS in-game timer continued, though. I started using the suspend feature because I figured it would act like a pause that didn't contribute to game time, as I wasn't 100% sure if BotW had an in-game timer somewhere. Glad the Wii U activity log is accurate, at least.

Watched Fast 6 earlier, enjoyed it a bit but not as much as fast 5. Some hilarious bits in it I cant wait for the crew to react to.

Namely the bit when Dom
saves Letty by leaping over the gap in the bridge.

jaina

Good to know. Thanks.

Weird that the TMS in-game timer continued, though. I started using the suspend feature because I figured it would act like a pause that didn't contribute to game time, as I wasn't 100% sure if BotW had an in-game timer somewhere. Glad the Wii U activity log is accurate, at least.
I think it depends on how the in-game timer is implemented. if it just adds the difference between two timestamps to the play time, the game can be suspended but still count the time.

lmhd6svq.png

Finally, back home after spending a night in London. Phew, what a night it was. If I were to say it was glorious or amazing, it would be an understatement. It was kind of a transcended experience. I gotta start by saying that while being in line I was overhearing a conversation behind me between 2 ladies that's probably one of the most entertaining conversations I've heard in a long while.

They were basically talking about the series in general and which character is the cutest but then it quickly shifted about how they want KH3 to just release already and here's a quote from one of them

I just want a game. I don't give a fuck about Sora or what happens to him. Frankly, I just don't care. FUCK SORA, I don't care already even though he's cute. I just want the game and I want Riku and I want Lea, I want them both to get together and fuck shit up. That's what I want from KH3. Please, let me have it. Also, I want to change Riku's hair, It's so horrible.

I'll be the first to tell you that I don't know shit about Kingdom Hearts. All I know is that there is light and darkness, that's it. I'm mostly in it for the Disney characters, however, the strongest thing in the series in my opinion has always been Yoko Shimomura's amazing scoring to the entire series. It's a testament to her composition that even I having no attachment to the characters whatsoever, I still got choked up. I mean, the music is incredible but seeing each individual within the Orchestra give it their all just emphasis the beauty and craftsmanship of it all. It's a shame that recording or taking pictures was prohibited during the act because I would have loved to do so, however, during the second half after a 15 minute break I could not hold myself I had to record excerpts while the phone was in my pocket just so I could give myself the memory, a taste if you will, of how it sounded(which isn't as good as being there of course). I should mention that they were performing in tandem with FMVs supervised by Tetsuya Nomura. I edited abit and uploaded for anyone who wants to give a listen below.

Heart of X, The Other Promise, Wave of Darkness.

A few standout moments to me, in no particular order

1) YOKO SHIMOMURA WAS THERE. She thanked the fans and spoke about how much this tour means to her.
2) DESTATI
3) An extended and improved arrangement of Treasured Memories
4) The World of Kingdom Hearts(Playing the theme of each world seamlessly from one to the next with no stopping)
5) Dearly Beloved KH2 ver
6) Passion Instrumental Ver
7) Kingdom Hearts Battle Medley(Playing the battle theme of each world seamlessly from one to the next with no stopping)
8) Final Boss Battle Medley
9) Vector to the heavens
10) Now, I don't know if this was pre-planned or spontaneous. I mean even if it was planned, it's still awesome. So, they decided to do an encore song since it's their last day of playing in London. That song is "Fantasia alla marcia for piano, chorus and orchestra" however, Shimomura insisted that she will perform with the orchestra as the pianist to show her gratitude to the fans. Man, seeing her perform with them was some next level shit. They really did close it out in spectacular fashion. I did manage to film the orchestra and Shimomura by the end of the clip since the show ended. Also, the conductor used a Keyblade baton for the finale.

All in all, I had trouble sleeping at night from all the greatness and hype. If anyone has the chance to go, even if you're not a hardcore KH fan, DO SO. It lasted almost 2 hours(15 minute break included).

Watched Fast 6 earlier, enjoyed it a bit but not as much as fast 5. Some hilarious bits in it I cant wait for the crew to react to.

Namely the bit when Dom
saves Letty by leaping over the gap in the bridge.

Doing the F&40s for Fast Five now. Man, if they think it's ridiculous Tej is all of a sudden this computer/safecracker whiz, wait until they get to 7, my god.

Bakalar HAS to be on for 6 or 7, yes?

ferunnico

Neo Member
Just finished Yakuza 0. It will surely be considered for best story, best character, best moment and best music. Maybe even in the Top 10 if Vinny, Alex and Dan feel strongly enough about it?

Meneses

I haven't played any KH game all the way through, and nothing ever stuck out to me until, weirdly enough, I tried the mobile game and discovered Dearly Beloved.

It is a fantastic theme, very bittersweet (especially the KH Unchained X version, which is a bit more upbeat).

Shimomura's "classical" style work is incredible.

jaina

lmhd6svq.png

All in all, I had trouble sleeping at night from all the greatness and hype. If anyone has the chance to go, even if you're not a hardcore KH fan, DO SO. It lasted almost 2 hours(15 minute break included).

Thanks for the report! I've been to an awesome Final Symphony 2 concert in 2015, but this sounds a whole tier higher.
I'm imagining Shimomura during the encore like I've seen her in this FF XV concert recording :)

Top Bottom