• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

That really ruined their podcast for me. 50% Apple talk sometimes, man, who cares? They're doing some interesting stuff now with all sorts of tools and electronics, but they still spend so much time on such a boring and talked to death topic.

I couldn't care less, Gary's back (50% of the time, but that's a huge upgrade to before)!

Gary really does balance out the other two, he brings that spice that the others can bounce off of.

Coldsnap

F1 talk on bombcast is funny. I watched two season a few years ago and it was the same exact thing: Vettel won every race and they said next year there will be changes to the sport which will make it more competitive.

strafer

I wonder if this is the guy doing the voice in Alien Rage.

Johnny Messner.

fUZj5YD.jpg

LCfiner

I'm a fan of Rorie. But I understand why some people say he is annoying.

I think Rorie is fine most of the time. But he gets a little more awkward on camera than the other guys.

Like his very loud moaning about not touching the coffee-liquor last night - it ended up feeling a little weird. I mean… chill out.

Megasoum

Banned
F1 talk on bombcast is funny. I watched two season a few years ago and it was the same exact thing: Vettel won every race and they said next year there will be changes to the sport which will make it more competitive.

Well to be fair, the technical changes coming next year are by far the biggest changes of the last decade or more. Now, will it actually make it more competitive? We'll have to see but things will change that'S for sure.

demidar

Well to be fair, the technical changes coming next year are by far the biggest changes of the last decade or more. Now, will it actually make it more competitive? We'll have to see but things will change that'S for sure.

I find it funny that they're implementing booster areas. One step closer to an F-Zero future.

Haunted

Watching Vinny and Jeff footy QLs (as a footy fan) is so cringeworthy, it's totally entertaining again. You just want to scream at your TV the whole time.

FStop7

Banned
I think Rorie is fine most of the time. But he gets a little more awkward on camera than the other guys.

Like his very loud moaning about not touching the coffee-liquor last night - it ended up feeling a little weird. I mean… chill out.

Rorie's fully embraced his inner hipster.

Coffee-liquor? Posh, I only drink gin made of fermented parsley harvested from dumpsters behind restaurants that buy their food from fair trade growers.

Drew had me in stitches when he questioned that Jeff had seen the Grocery Outlet promotional video before on UPF.

Also we need Karen for Pathfinder.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
How the hell do you slice a steak into such a neat rectangle without barely a sign of the different sections of a meat anyway?

Looks like it has to be reconstituted in some way.

FStop7

Banned
I'm pretty sure that steakums are left over meat trimmings from processing plants that are pressed together into thin sheets.

Dany

Banned
Giantbomb on facebook posted a link to Drew's facebook page. omg, should I message him....or is that too creepy?

GAF, how do i make friends with him.

Jokab

The Fifa 14 QL is just insufferable. One of the biggest reasons football is the most popular sport on earth is because it's also one of the simplest ones, yet it seems utterly incomprehensible to them, unless they're acting dumb. Also they complain over the 0-0 end result when they had several scoring opportunities and decided to either shoot from wayyyy too far out when they could've run on goal, or they kept filling the shoot power bar up all the way. That didn't work the first ten times, but it must work on the 11th! Shitting on things is totally fine when it's with merit, but Fifa is actually a good game.

Lunzio

The Fifa 14 QL is just insufferable. One of the biggest reasons football is the most popular sport on earth is because it's also one of the simplest ones, yet it seems utterly incomprehensible to them, unless they're acting dumb. Also they complain over the 0-0 end result when they had several scoring opportunities and decided to either shoot from wayyyy too far out when they could've run on goal, or they kept filling the shoot power bar up all the way. That didn't work the first ten times, but it must work on the 11th! Shitting on things is totally fine when it's with merit, but Fifa is actually a good game.

I think it's best to not take these things so seriously.

oh lord

I felt like they had a informative and helpful analysis of this years crop of football games.

Thank you GiantBomb Sports Team!

Dany

Banned
I dislike how Alien Rage has a marker ever 50 meters of where you should go. It's too cluttery and I feel like I've seen other games go that route.

It is a bit weird that people don't know the rules of the soccerball to be fair.

If the rules were get ball in net, then anyone could grasp it in seconds.

The rules have gotten more complicated (with good reason) through the years and everyone just assumes you know them with no explanation.

If you don't know what offsides is or how to prevent it, Fifa ain't gonna explain shit to you. Same with "proper tackling". You can probably pick it up pretty quick, but missing that in your first game is pretty understandable if you don't watch soccer ever, come on.

M3z_

Rorie is great, though it was totally awkward hearing Rorie rip that FMV game for being not funny when Jeff was totally showing it off because of how much he digged it. I think Vinny had literally just said something about one of the actors being pretty funny.

That's just that sort of thing that he would get better at with more time on set with the GB dudes, it's quite sometime since they were working together. There was a time when Patrick didn't have a strong idea of each of the GB guys personalities on set and he could come off as awkward and before he left he fit in just fine.

wizard

Banned
When I picked up my first FIFA game I didn't know any of the rules and I've physically played many sports competitively. I pretty much figured out it's like hockey but not as fun.

Massa

When I picked up my first FIFA game I didn't know any of the rules and I've physically played many sports competitively. I pretty much figured out it's like hockey but not as fun.

Sounds like you need some more time with it as you definitely haven't figured it out yet. :p

When I played football growing up the only rule we used was handball. No corner kicks, throw-ins, penalties, offsides because we didn't really get them nor did we care.

Rorie is great, though it was totally awkward hearing Rorie rip that FMV game for being not funny when Jeff was totally showing it off because of how much he digged it. I think Vinny had literally just said something about one of the actors being pretty funny.

That's just that sort of thing that he would get better at with more time on set with the GB dudes, it's quite sometime since they were working together. There was a time when Patrick didn't have a strong idea of each of the GB guys personalities on set and he could come off as awkward and before he left he fit in just fine.

I actually liked Rorie honestity because I didn't found that FMV funny either.

The good news of that segment were that they were still interested in doing a FMV game.

santeesioux

They don't even know how to properly play American Football games, it's not surprising they can't play Fifa.

Offsides is a more complicated rule then you all realize coming from a background of learning the sport. In soccer it is a function of player position and that line can change position as play continues.

In football, and hockey the line is in a more static state throughout play. With football having the line be defined per play by the position of the ball, and in hockey being an actual line. A static line implemented in Soccer would probably lead to way more goals and would thus change the nature of the game significantly. Jeff and Vinny play up their ignorance for laughs, but coming from a place where American sports have defined offsides zones vs dynamic zones in soccer it can be a difficult thing to pick up if you haven't been watching since childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom