• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
Bombin in the AM is a pretty good show, but it's starting to grate on me the way Patrick describes everything as either 'fascinating' or 'interesting.' Never noticed it as much until this last episode.

Interesting is such am empty word to desribe things. It feels so disingenuous and is applied to everything.

Also ur cute.

FStop7

Banned
Bombin in the AM is a pretty good show, but it's starting to grate on me the way Patrick describes everything as either 'fascinating' or 'interesting.' Never noticed it as much until this last episode.

I got a little nauseous from their fawning over that overbearing Tom Bissell essay about GTA 5. First time I've had the urge to skip ahead while listening to Scoops+Wolf.

Brashnir

Giantbomb on facebook posted a link to Drew's facebook page. omg, should I message him....or is that too creepy?

GAF, how do i make friends with him.

Watch the movie "Misery." Its basically a tutorial on how to make friends with someone you know but who doesn't know you.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Hey you guys holy shit how funny was it when the two color blind guys thought the red ball was the same color as the field.

When they started saying "Probably a bad choice on the ball color" I thought "Huh? Oh cuz it's a similar color to his jersey I guess." then Jeff said "Yeah probably shouldn't have picked a ball the same color as the field" or something like that, I started laughing so hard.

I wonder if Drew ever told them that the ball was a completely different color.

Hey you guys holy shit how funny was it when the two color blind guys thought the red ball was the same color as the field.

When they started saying "Probably a bad choice on the ball color" I thought "Huh? Oh cuz it's a similar color to his jersey I guess." then Jeff said "Yeah probably shouldn't have picked a ball the same color as the field" or something like that, I started laughing so hard.

I wonder if Drew ever told them that the ball was a completely different color.

They had figured it out. Near the end Jeff says something along the lines of 'this ball was not a good choice for us'.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Watching UPF again, I'd be okay if the crew started releasing "rifftrax" for random internet videos as premium content. The Steakumms commentary is great. lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I like patrick and the stuff he does, but dude gets seriously cheesy whenever he does worth playing.

Also I feel that he never really judges them critically because they are "small, indie" games.

Kritz

Banned
Man, GB's Arma 3 QL has made me start playing Arma 3 for the first time since the alpha. Game's great fun. Not enough games have the same level of buildup, where it's 30-60 minutes of chopper rides and walking ending with some really brutal firefights and military hardware blowing up real good.

Although the QL didn't really get to experience the wonders of power tripping egomaniacs having a social crisis against other power tripping egomaniacs over global VOIP.

Serra

Commercials on the bombcast? the fuck is this shit

Also, im glad Rorie was there to blast that terribly tryhard FMV shit.

edit: ok those idle "animations" were pretty good.

xanavi

I've been a member since the site opened and I just got a notice for renewal. I guess they aren't doing anything special this year? I was hoping that we'd get a Ryan tribute shirt this time around.

Lunzio

I've been a member since the site opened and I just got a notice for renewal. I guess they aren't doing anything special this year? I was hoping that we'd get a Ryan tribute shirt this time around.

Same here and I'm up on October 6th. I'd love at least a little sale or a new 2014 shirt D:

Blastoise

Banned
Holy fuck I got downgraded to a peasant. I have been a premie member since they first started. I must of turned off auto renewal...

Is the $35 a year thing, still a thing?

DoctorZ

Holy fuck I got downgraded to a peasant. I have been a premie member since they first started. I must of turned off auto renewal...

Is the $35 a year thing, still a thing?

There was a $35 sale during PAX recently and they've had sales during fall and winter in the past.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh my god this ArmA III quicklook has both made me cry and made me lose my breath from so much laughing.

We haven't gotten one of those in a while.

pizza dog

Banned
Oh man the way that thing was clumping up in the pan was seriously unnatural. Real glad my parents never inflicted that on me that Alexis was saying. Bleh.

tsigo

There was a good Jim Gaffigan bit about how they came up with the name.

"So it's steak?"
"Ummm, it's kinda like steak."

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh man the way that thing was clumping up in the pan was seriously unnatural. Real glad my parents never inflicted that on me that Alexis was saying. Bleh.

That's how really thin meat behaves. Slice up some really thin ham and see what happens.

Antiwhippy

Honestly though if it's just offcuts I guess it's not too bad, but I'd much rather get the good cuts anyway.

Gav47

Patrick is complaining about GTA on twitter again...

Seriously, I've never seen a gaming hipster like that.

He's complaining about replaying missions to get gold medals, not exactly the best part of any game. Besides, I never really took him for the completionist type, I mean who does he think he is, Vinny?

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Every GTA game i've ever played has always been the worst experience in gaming for me, so I don't see a problem with it...

I didn't play V yet though, and probably never will. But I'll get it on PC (for 7,50 on Steam)

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Seriously, I've never seen a gaming hipster like that.

This is complaing about GTAV to you?

Patrick Klepek ‏@patrickklepek 18m
The path to madness is believing achieving gold medals in GTA V are remotely fun or worth your time.

You are being a huge ninny.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, I've honestly never liked a GTA game I've played. The world is always boring to me and the combat gameplay was always dull.

As much as I hated gold medals in BoGT they are nowhere near as bad in 5. At least every mission doesn't have a time requirement and headshots/accuracy.

Haunted

Yeah, I've honestly never liked a GTA game I've played. The world is always boring to me and the combat gameplay was always dull.
look at this fucking hipster

Just endure a couple more weeks until the honeymoon's over and you won't have to hear about it for 4-5 years again.

The gold medals in TBoGT and V are examples of terrible designs in otherwise fantastic games. You pull of these incredible heists or events where the both the player and the characters in game acknowledge as being insane, only to have a UI prompt at the end tell the player that thing they did was only good enough to warrant a bronze medal.

I don't have a problem with it being there but it should be something only surfaced when you replay the mission.

Haunted

I'm shocked and appalled that I'm still the only one who mentioned the Mirrormoon EP QL in this thread.

Now there's a game worth talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom