• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Man, Samurai gun looks amazing. That forest map where everything is growing around them as they fight is glorious.

Still a couple of immediate problems - being able to follow your characters and suddenly spawning with no indication is odd - but looks remarkably solid.

popo

I don't know anything about this biscuit fella. I kinda hope he is as awful as y'all make him out to be - it would make for an interesting show. I expect he will be just fine though.

LiK

I don't know anything about this biscuit fella. I kinda hope he is as awful as y'all make him out to be - it would make for an interesting show. I expect he will be just fine though.

he's a cool dude, tbh. he's very opinionated about games but whenever he's a guest on any show/podcast, he's a nice guy.

Zaph

Would love to see Alexis get a bit more prominence in the GOTY stuff, to my mind he's definitely become one of the "main group" as far as GiantBomb personalities. There's a reason I put him in the picnic at the end of my last GB Animated (maybe next time i'll include Ian too).
I know it's not a podcast, but I'd love to see you animate the spat during the last Pathfinders stream, with Ian and Rorie bickering over the rules, V Bomb trying to calm things and Dave confiscating the rule book.

I imagine them all looking up in the air as Ian argues with 'God' (Rorie) about whether or not he's visible to the giant dragon patiently waiting right in front of him.

It`s weird to say that I have really no idea what their overall game of the year could be. I feel like every year there are at least one or two games that everyone unanimously likes a good deal and this year there isn`t much that comes to mind.

Kerned

Banned
It`s weird to say that I have really no idea what their overall game of the year could be. I feel like every year there are at least one or two games that everyone unanimously likes a good deal and this year there isn`t much that comes to mind.

It's really weird, yeah, but I feel like it could go in almost any direction. I hope the winner ends up being something relatively unexpected. At very least, the debate should be an interesting one. Do we know who is in on the GOTY podcast this year? Does Drew get to be in the mix?

It's really weird, yeah, but I feel like it could go in almost any direction. I hope the winner ends up being something relatively unexpected. At very least, the debate should be an interesting one. Do we know who is in on the GOTY podcast this year? Does Drew get to be in the mix?

Considering Drew is now basically a permanent member of the podcast I think he will be there along with Patrick and Alex. I hope so.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only person that thinks Totalbiscuit isn't all bad? Yes, he's narcissistic (or puffs himself up to be) and snarky as fuck, but he does put out some pretty good opinion pieces, and he covers a lot of games that I'd otherwise not see shit about (Marvel Puzzle Quest, Race the Sun)

DoctorZ

I think most people feel TB isn't that bad. I just don't like the media he creates and don't really understand how he's so popular. I'm sure he's a ok person though.

Would love to see Alexis get a bit more prominence in the GOTY stuff, to my mind he's definitely become one of the "main group" as far as GiantBomb personalities. There's a reason I put him in the picnic at the end of my last GB Animated (maybe next time i'll include Ian too).

You *have* to do that Pathfinder bit with Rorie and Ian getting tetchy with each other. I said you *have* to so you *have* to.

SHIT someone already said this. I agree with them, regardless.

Ulumsk

Having been familiar with Total Biscuit since his WC radio days, he's definitely someone it's hard to like, but once you get to know him and how he approaches stuff it gets easier to see where he's coming from it gets easier to respect, though not necessarily agree with him. I do think he was way off with his position on PS4/Xbone DRM though. He's a little like Jim Sterling I guess. Easy to hate, but once you take some time to see where they're coming from you can at least respect their standpoint, most of the time. I guess it's a British thing.

Nestunt

I would really be surprised if it wasnt one of those that were in the VGX nominees (yeah i said it)

All I want to know is what was in Dave's secret tiebreaker note from 2011.

I thought Dave confirmed on a video or podcast or something that it was Skyrim. I would never be able to find the mention though. I could have swore it was a quick off the cuff mention that that they picked the right game and that what was on his note. I imagine if I'm the only one that remembers it, I may just be crazy.

TraBuch

Banned
Speaking of Dave, I really miss Random PC Game. Spent the last couple days going back and watching em all. LOVE the Burn:Cycle video.

Not really related to games or what they talk about, but I love their ads. Some of the Squarespace ones actually seemed like them shitting on the company but it and the stamps.com one are funny.

Lunzio

I understand that travel can be tiring, but this is a part of the job they started on their own accord, no? Come on, duders, you're better than this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom