• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simzyy

It's kinda funny TB is going to be on the show.

He is a huge Giant Bomb fan yet most of the GB fanbase dislike him it seems.

I'm not his biggest fan. But he does occasionally make a good point. Just wish his ego was knocked down a bit.

Nestunt

Yep, looks like it. Will probably pick this up on PS4 for some local action.

Towerfall is similar but currently only on the Ouya (lol). Thankfully an enhanced version of that is coming to the PS4 and PC.

those and the sports collection that is coming gets you set

Rivver

Banned
I wish they did video podcasts. I know about Unprofessional Wednesdays Fridays, and I watch them every week, I just wish their podcasts were also available on video.

Kerned

Banned
Patrick has always been very nice to his viewers in the chat on Spookin' with Scoops.

I'm not saying he's always confrontational with readers, just that the times I have seen him be confrontational, dismissive, or flat out rude to people it's always been with readers. I like Patrick quite a bit, but I think my observation is mostly accurate.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Concerning how his readers have treated him, especially when he first started, I must say that he's been more than courteous.

Loxley

The only time I remember Patrick not being his usual calm and collected self was when he freaked out at people who were defending AdBlock and he told them to go die in a fire.

That said, he brought it up in his TEDx Talk and said that in retrospect he'd overreacted and had become apart of the unproductive internet discourse that he dislikes so much.

LiK

The only time I remember Patrick not being his usual calm and collected self was when he freaked out at people who were defending AdBlock and he told them to go die in a fire.

That said, he brought it up in his TEDx Talk and said that in retrospect he'd overreacted and had become apart of the unproductive internet discourse that he dislikes so much.

I need to watch that TED talk. hope it's still available.

popo

I believe Monday 23rd is when the kick off GOTY. Runs for five days usually.

I wish they did video podcasts. I know about Unprofessional Wednesdays Fridays, and I watch them every week, I just wish their podcasts were also available on video.

Why? I am not being a dick - genuinely interested. I don't get anything from video podcasts. Especially ones that are actually recorded in a studio. All you would see is large mic and pop screens blocking the faces and Jeff hidden behind multiple monitors.

I've never seen Patrick be confrontational with anyone in the industry, only with readers.
Considering the shit that gets said about and to him daily, I think he's doing just fine. He's one of the most approachable people in the industry. He's answered churlish questions on his Tumblr often, and seems to do a good job of addressing the underlying concern.

Mesoian

I believe Monday 23rd is when the kick off GOTY. Runs for five days usually.

Why? I am not being a dick - genuinely interested. I don't get anything from video podcasts. Especially ones that are actually recorded in a studio. All you would see is large mic and pop screens blocking the faces and Jeff hidden behind multiple monitors.

Sometimes it's nice. The Tested podcasts can often add another avenue of comedy from the video provided.

It's not essential and it would make editing the podcast more annoying, but yeah, it would be nice.

Kerned

Banned
When was he confrontational with readers? The "die in a fire" thing? That was pretty minor (and funny to see him melt down a tiny bit).

Yeah, exactly that sort of thing. His Tumblr got to be a nightmare to read for a while as well, he seemed to be responding primarily to the worst sorts of people. I know Patrick took a lot of shit for a long time from a lot of people, and I'm not defending anyone who has been awful to him, I'm just making an observation. Like I said earlier, I like Patrick a lot, I just think that sometimes he decides to engage with people when ignoring them might be a better option.

Fox318

I don't expect anyone from giantbomb to grill anyone.

Except ryan when he's being a dick to someone, but that's mostly friendly ribbing.
Patrick would never grill a blogger, media voice, or Dev.

If it was somebody in a suit he would go after him.

Also I may be the odd man out but I like TBs videos. :

I need to watch that TED talk. hope it's still available.

11343720474_9b03d3d067_c.jpg

War. War never changes.

Rivver

Banned

My mind tends to wander when I'm listening to something without something visual to go along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom