• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
It's a satire of the Rush Limbaugh emails they were getting, right? Right?

Oh wow. This was a joke. They mentioned on the podcast that they had 3 people spam them with form letter emails because Giantbomb Gaming Minute aired during the Rush Limbaugh Show.

Yay, people really aren't that dumb.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The refusal to accept anything an internet person has to say because of some thing that they previously uttered is always fascinating to me. Total Biscuit is an interesting guy and I'm glad he gets time on their cast.

RE_Player

The refusal to accept anything an internet person has to say because of some thing that they previously uttered is always fascinating to me. Total Biscuit is an interesting guy and I'm glad he gets time on their cast.
I don't dislike him and his content because he uttered something I was in disagreement with, there are a multitude of reasons people dislike him. This isn't the thread to discuss such things but don't thing everyone who doesn't like TB came about that opinion based on one tweet.

ultron87

I love that that Samurai Gunn Quick Look ended perfectly. I need to have people over to play that immediately.

And lives mode is clearly superior to first to ten.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Samurai Gunn seems like it has one of the most unnecessary uses of "retro" graphics that ultimately hurts visibility.

Megasoum

Banned
Samurai Gunn seems like it has one of the most unnecessary uses of "retro" graphics that ultimately hurts visibility.

It's also Towerfall...

Is that genre of game will be the 2013 "rogue like"? Suddenly we see like 25 different indie games all copying the same concept.

ultron87

It's also Towerfall...

Is that genre of game will be the 2013 "rogue like"? Suddenly we see like 25 different indie games all copying the same concept.
One can only hope. Between this and Towerfall and BaraBariBall there will be some good options. Took people long enough to realize Smash Bros without fan service was still fun.

TotalBiscuit is a complete cunt and I want no part of anything he's involved with.

Shame that Patrick is using him as a guest for the Youtube issues this week instead of someone like say Matt Lees.

Fox318

True, but I feel that this is their answer to ERs while not totally burning out on them.

Also while getting that paper.
The point of an endurance run is that its a little bit everyday. Most of the games they have done premium stuff for hasn't been story driven games and all of the ERS have had huge stories.

Last thing they need is for them to do is a weekly er where they try and remember the previous week.

I wish they didn't do that er at the cards against humanity panel. I can't see them doing another er unless they hire somebody new to help with editorial content in the office. They should let ER die like video reviews.

fleck0

I was watching Shark Tank and saw that VR Omni Treadmill thing in motion for the first time, how does Giant Bomb not have one of these already!?

c8xsqMH.gif

LackingSaint

Neo Member
TotalBiscuit is a complete cunt and I want no part of anything he's involved with.

Shame that Patrick is using him as a guest for the Youtube issues this week instead of someone like say Matt Lees.

God damn, that would be so great.

Honestly, Matt Lees would be my favourite choice to jump ship over to GiantBomb. In fact no, a lot of the other guys at VideoGamer (Simon Miller, Chris Bratt) are great too.. can they just rebrand as GiantBomb UK?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Oh look another day of nothing on the site. I hate that they put so much production into the GOTY stuff.

Everyone deserves a holiday vacation. What they are doing now is going to be put up during their holiday vacation. If they didn't do GOTY and just did normal stuff, there'd still just be a gap in content in a couple of weeks instead of right now.

Zoggy

patrick has said before during Bombing the AM that he's a fan of TB, so anyone expecting patrick to grill him or anything will disappointed.

i dont care for TB at all so i won't be watching. shame, i love BitAM

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Even if he wasn't a fan, he's not going to invite someone on to his show and then give them shit. If he didn't like someone, chances are they wouldn't get invited in the first place.

Kerned

Banned
Jeff tweeted that they recorded 5.5 hours of GOTY podcasts yesterday, and that there will probably end up being 10-15 hours total up to 11 hours or so total. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just want more hints of what their GOTY video theme will be.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I remembered there being kind of a hype ramping up for the GOTY videos. There's pretty much nothing so far.

popo

Jeff tweeted that they recorded 5.5 hours of GOTY podcasts yesterday, and that there will probably end up being 10-15 hours total. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

He said they were "somewhere between half and two-thirds of what the final runtime will probably be". I am not sure where you got 15 hours from.

Kerned

Banned
He said they were "somewhere between half and two-thirds of what the final runtime will probably be". I am not sure where you got 15 hours from.

Ha, you're right. I'll have to chalk it up to posting before I finished my morning coffee. Somehow my brain translated 2/3 into 1/3.

Nestunt

Jeff tweeted that they recorded 5.5 hours of GOTY podcasts yesterday, and that there will probably end up being 10-15 hours total up to 11 hours or so total. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

any indication of when will they air?

Megasoum

Banned
patrick has said before during Bombing the AM that he's a fan of TB, so anyone expecting patrick to grill him or anything will disappointed.

i dont care for TB at all so i won't be watching. shame, i love BitAM

Friend or not, I never expect Patrick to grill anybody.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't expect anyone from giantbomb to grill anyone.

Except ryan when he's being a dick to someone, but that's mostly friendly ribbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom