• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda21

i think heavy rain is the butt of quite a lot of jokes they make, so it wouldnt surprise me if it wasn't dudebrough enough for them.

i was also really suprised to see that vinny had played like 50 hours of dark souls when he started LOLS. I assumed it would be roary playing, i didnt even realise vinny had played it seriously, never mind 50 hours. it really makes you wonder how he played so much and yet its never been talked about at any length on the bombcast...

Haunted

i think heavy rain is the butt of quite a lot of jokes they make, so it wouldnt surprise me if it wasn't dudebrough enough for them.

i was also really suprised to see that vinny had played like 50 hours of dark souls when he started LOLS. I assumed it would be roary playing, i didnt even realise vinny had played it seriously, never mind 50 hours. it really makes you wonder how he played so much and yet its never been talked about at any length on the bombcast...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oerx5WEpXMI

Curufinwe

I am playing thru Saints Row 3 now because of PS+ and god damn is that game full to the brim with tedious third person shooting. I can't believe it was ever a serious GOTY candidate.

Defunkled

I am playing thru Saints Row 3 now because of PS+ and god damn is that game full to the brim with tedious third person shooting. I can't believe it was ever a serious GOTY candidate.

Agreed. I love the characters and the completely crazy story, but damn is it not fun to play.

paul187

I enjoyed the hell out of Saints 3. I thought the shooting was very responsive and fun. Juggling fools with the pistol is a blast.

KorrZ

It's not that surprising...it would just be Vinny talking to himself pretty much. No one else there really gives 2 shits about Dark Souls. Patrick played a bit but I don't believe he got very far.

I never found the shooting to be tedious in SR3, I thought there was enough options and weapon/character advancement to back it up along with the variety of context for missions. What did you find tedious about it?

sixghost

Agreed, that's why it's so disappointing how many missions still boil down to drive to this place, shoot all these guys, mission over. The 'Power' missions is like the perfect example of this. The first minute of that mission is awesome, then you realize that you're just going to shoot a bunch of braindead AI for 6 or 7 minutes while that song loops.

Agreed, that's why it's so disappointing how many missions still boil down to drive to this place, shoot all these guys, mission over. The 'Power' missions is like the perfect example of this. The first minute of that mission is awesome, then you realize that you're just going to shoot a bunch of braindead AI for 6 or 7 minutes while that song loops.

I honestly can't comprehend this criticism directed at SR when it happens in every open world game ever, only some others branch it out with far more tedious tasks such a tow this vehicle or fly this plane relatively low to the ground for 10 minutes. At least the shooting, weapons, and character progression were fun in SR. Though where it really excelled was making an amazing context for the basic gameplay mechanics. I normally hate turret sections for example but the ludicrous nature of being in a free falling tank battle after hijacking an airborn plane and stealing a super high tech weapon made it a pretty enjoyable experience.

SR3 is pretty bad.

It only gets enjoyable near the end when they toss all the game breaking stuff at you.

The GB crew talked up the big dumb moments in that game but what they glossed over is for every deckers_die.exe and "power" there are about 10 other boring story missions that feel like half baked sidequests from a ps2 GTA3 clone.

Zornack

I honestly can't comprehend this criticism directed at SR when it happens in every open world game ever, only some others branch it out with far more tedious tasks such a tow this vehicle or fly this plane relatively low to the ground for 10 minutes. At least the shooting, weapons, and character progression were fun in SR. Though where it really excelled was making an amazing context for the basic gameplay mechanics. I normally hate turret sections for example but the ludicrous nature of being in a free falling tank battle after hijacking an airborn plane and stealing a super high tech weapon made it a pretty enjoyable experience.

I think SR4 does a good job at fixing through the superpowers. I got extremely bored of shooting in SR3 and GTA 5 but I never got tired of jumping, leaping, flying and hurling fireballs in SR4.

I just don't think I can enjoy open world shooters anymore. There's no progression in the combat like there is in Infamous or SR4, the shooting stays the same from beginning to end and is the same shooting I've played a million times before in other games.

popo

What is shipping?

$5 US and Canada but International is a total ripoff.

Seriously though, sounds like slash fiction - maybe without the actually writing of fiction. Quote from RT forum.

It's taking two (or more) people (usually characters in a movie or show), and linking them together in a relationship, sometimes sexually and sometimes not.

ultron87

$5 US and Canada but International is a total ripoff.

Seriously though, sounds like slash fiction - maybe without the actually writing of fiction. Quote from RT forum.

It's really just hoping that fictional person X and fictional person Y get together. It gets weirder if you involve real people.

justjim89

So, rev3games recently did a stream where they played a demo for The Stanley Parable targeted specifically at Adam Sessler. The demo is pretty great anyway, but it was made especially funny in certain bits because the narrator was talking directly to Sessler. Would love to see something like this happen with GB, maybe with the narrator talking to Jeff or Brad.

So, rev3games recently did a stream where they played a demo for The Stanley Parable targeted specifically at Adam Sessler. The demo is pretty great anyway, but it was made especially funny in certain bits because the narrator was talking directly to Sessler. Would love to see something like this happen with GB, maybe with the narrator talking to Jeff or Brad.

Yeah that was super cool, really makes me want to get the game.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

It's not exactly like this, but I remember at some point there being a game where the developers specifically put something on I think a sign(?) that was directly Giantbomb related.

It said something like "Hi Vinny!" or something like that.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
It's not exactly like this, but I remember at some point there being a game where the developers specifically put something on I think a sign(?) that was directly Giantbomb related.

I know there was that DS drawing game where the developers had drawn a nice picture of Brad on it.

There was the Will Smith cumface balls in that one Double Fine Happy Action Theater demo.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I know there was that DS drawing game where the developers had drawn a nice picture of Brad on it.

There was the Will Smith cumface balls in that one Double Fine Happy Action Theater demo.

Ooops just realized I was thinking of someone else. There's an LPer called "Raocow" and a developer made a game where at the end of the first message it says "Hi Raocow!" but that was the public version of the game and everyone got that message.

Sorry for the mix up!

demidar

"Your soul is pitch black, Jeff, and I want nothing to do with you"

[StanleyParable.exe has crashed]

Ohwiseone

I've been super busy so I am a bit behind.

But I just saw the new "Gamespot Relaunched" video.

And its fantastic, with the nods to the past (Time Trotters, On the Spot, Etc) and that short thing about Ryan.

But Yeah, How much money do we have to give to have Danny join GiantBomb.. like thats all I want in a new hire.

Happy Sunday!

EzOHapR.png

I wonder how mad Johnny V is they never did an actual Infinity QL? I am guessing SO mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom