• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb are bringing back the Endurance Run... and it's Shenmue.

Watch Bluemue's videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJd764u8fMc

"I speak Italian."

E7BXRrW.png

HC1I00d.png

fNbHaR7.png

EPm8KSB.png

mTW0Qcd.png

BazNfGl.png

...He's so legitimately upset that Ryo didn't want to be tattoo gang buddies, and he's so understanding when Ryo apologizes

10 playthroughs of Shenmue and I've never seen the cutscenes with your friends trying to help or Fuku San in the basement. The game does reveal something new with each run, even if they're quite minor.

Spaghetti

Haven't finished the episode but:

It's interesting Vinny brought up fishing in Shenmue. It was going to be a thing, but for whatever reason the feature never made it in. It'll be in III, though.

Also, I'm not sure why they think
they're going to fight Lan Di at the end
. I can understand if they didn't know there was a sequel (and another on the way), but...

My favorite character:

"I'M AFRAID..."

Wow I actually did not remember
the motorcycle chicken QTE, just that some dudes harass the homeless guy.

kAmui-

This was supposed to be the action packed part of the game!

This episode made me realize that the writing in Shenmue is... let's say not very good. That scene at the end. Just wow.

I really feel for whoever wrote Goro's dialogue, since whatever amount of dynamism they tried to impart to him was dashed against the rocks of the sole voice direction of YELLING.

Goro is awful.

Ranking Harbor characters, on one hand you've got Mark. On the opposite spectrum you have Goro. I really, really like Mark. And then there's...Goro.

Kiske

Can the forklift pick up two crates at a time? I haven't played since the game was released but wow watching this play through it's surprising how terrible it is.

When you drown/murder someone you don't hold onto evidence.

The forklift doesn't look terrible to me. It seems fair that you can't just pick up and drop the crates without a minimum of precision.
And no, you can't pick up two crates at a time.

Dineren

Banned
I also thought the forklift controlled fine. The only issue I ever had was getting stopped by people popping in right on top of me.

The forklift doesn't look terrible to me. It seems fair that you can't just pick up and drop the crates without a minimum of precision.
And no, you can't pick up two crates at a time.

The crates seem to magnetize themselves to the forks, it actually doesn't seem to require much precision.

Though you would probably be able to pick up 2 stacks of those crates at once depending on what's in them. A forklift of that size can still lift several thousands pounds at once, though you probably wouldn't want to cavalierly drive around at speed with the forks raised like everyone in Shenmue tends to do. Shenmue drivers are asking for tipovers.

Spaghetti

I also thought the forklift controlled fine. The only issue I ever had was getting stopped by people popping in right on top of me.
Yeah. I dunno if Vinny is using analogue stick or D-Pad but I always felt the controls were smooth enough.

Now the forklifts in San Andreas, they were some real janky shit.

Collision can be hard to judge from both camera angles, but give corners a wide enough berth and 99% of the time, you'll be fine.

I think Vinny's problem is that he keeps coming at stuff from an angle rather than straight-on, which kind of caused the mess in the first warehouse.

Can the forklift pick up two crates at a time? I haven't played since the game was released but wow watching this play through it's surprising how terrible it is.

Forklift actually controls just fine. It's clear at this point they're just fucking around. Half the time Vinny seems like he's literally in pain playing the game lmao.

Spaghetti

DAxNdaC.jpg

I feel like every emotion I have when I see Vinny use the forklift is contained within this single picture.

It's thread relevant too, because it's from today's Shenmue III Kickstarter update; and these few people are the lucky Backers who got a sneak preview of the game before their dinner with Yu Suzuki.

BOTEC

After 19 episodes, it's nice to see the guys finally figured out how to play Shenmue.

The forklift job was actually legitimately fun to do. By the time
I got fired
I was making like 550 per crate. I didn't care for the racing though, wish that could have been optional, or stopped after you get 1st place.

Top Bottom