• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait

wait

waaaaait

EMCEE IS SCOTTISH!? That explains everything actually. Actually it explains nothing.

Now for my best scottish impression

I AM THE LASHT ONE, YOU FOOLISHSH WARRIOR.

Guess the movie

CAucUXWU8AALzDw.jpg

CAucUNgVEAAYSSG.jpg

I hope they have a second game running during the stream because the HOME stream is just going to be mostly spent watching download bars in PS HOME if they dont.

Jothel

娘が息子ですか? 何歳ですか? おめでとうございます! 今多いの新単語を教えしました、ありがとうございます。 (文法はとても難しいだけど、毎日練習したい。。。)

For the sake of the thread I'll reply in English. I'm 26, got married late last year on our 4th anniversary. I'm currently studying for the N2 JLPT exam, right now so if you ever need help I'll do my best, luckily my job includes a lot of sitting down doing nothing time so I have plenty of chances to study. You just gotta keep at it, luckily the grammar does get easy, it's just remembering the kanji that does my head in.

For the sake of the thread I'll reply in English. I'm 26, got married late last year on our 4th anniversary. I'm currently studying for the N2 JLPT exam, right now so if you ever need help I'll do my best, luckily my job includes a lot of sitting down doing nothing time so I have plenty of chances to study. You just gotta keep at it, luckily the grammar does get easy, it's just remembering the kanji that does my head in.

ugh I'm studying for N4 and want to die. grammar is the least bad part of the whole thing fortunately.

Jothel

ugh I'm studying for N4 and want to die. grammar is the least bad part of the whole thing fortunately.

Oh yeah? I'll extend my help to you if you ever need it then, the N4 is pretty ok really. If you take it seriously you should easily be able to get it down by July. Use an app/website called Studyblue, it's a flashcard thing and you can download other people's sets, there are plenty of JLPT sets on there for kanji, grammar and vocab. Really helped me when I was studying.

Jintor

i'm just ploughing through RTK atm and other anki flashcards. I had to skip saturday because I went down to Osaka so now I'm regularly got to catch up with like 500 flashcards p/day :T

thankfully it's end of semester so just one class to teach per day until the closing ceremony on wed. But what's with only getting one and a half weeks of vacation? Weird.

Jothel

i'm just ploughing through RTK atm and other anki flashcards. I had to skip saturday because I went down to Osaka so now I'm regularly got to catch up with like 500 flashcards p/day :T

thankfully it's end of semester so just one class to teach per day until the closing ceremony on wed. But what's with only getting one and a half weeks of vacation? Weird.

Oh yeah? are you studying for anything in particular? Yeah I haven't had any classes for ages now. Oh really? I get about 3 weeks but you're with Jet yeah? Might be difrerent, I'm looking forward to that month long break over the summer though.

Jintor

Mainly at this juncture i'm just studying to finish the 2000 jouyu kanji in RTK and then properly start on grammar instead of misdirected random grammar. Not doing tests right now, but probably a june/july/december N4 hopefully. Mainly though I just want to not go mad because i can't goddamn read/understand anything.

breaking brad: learn japanese again

I had canadians tell me for years that nobody says "eh" and I go to toronto for a week and it's just people left and right saying it constantly

felt pretty good, if I'm being honest

Some Canadians hear and say it so much that they tune it out and dont notice it anymore.

But I will confirm that here in Edmonton everyone I know says it all the time. We also say buddy a lot. heh

Jothel

Mainly at this juncture i'm just studying to finish the 2000 jouyu kanji in RTK and then properly start on grammar instead of misdirected random grammar. Not doing tests right now, but probably a june/july/december N4 hopefully. Mainly though I just want to not go mad because i can't goddamn read/understand anything.

breaking brad: learn japanese again

if you're going for the 2000 kanji already then you'll be able to do N4 easily, the grammar is pretty easy in that test. Just be consisten and smart about what you learn/how you learn etc etc. good luck!

I know two people who have N1s. The test sounds like a nightmare.

I should have taken the N2 right after I graduated. Then I'd have two pieces of paper that say I'm good at a language I never use instead of just the one. The practice questions seemed so manageable at that point in time...

justjim89

At one point in 8th grade I could legit write full notes to my friends in the Dinosaur language from Star Fox Adventures.

*sigh* I coulda really been something.

Jothel

I know two people who have N1s. The test sounds like a nightmare.

I should have taken the N2 right after I graduated. Then I'd have two pieces of paper that say I'm good at a language I never use instead of just the one. The practice questions seemed so manageable at that point in time...

People with N1s are crazy, literally fluent at that point. N1 is just all the non-everyday stuff that is kinda pointless. Props to anyone that has it though. I don't know anyone who isn't half or Korean/Chinese who has it.

BearPawB

Banned
Do we know who is reviewing bloodborne (if anyone?). Dan was playing it, but I assume Brad would be too.

We know Jeff has no feelings towards the souls series
Jason is a cool dude so I am just assuming he likes them.

People with N1s are crazy, literally fluent at that point. N1 is just all the non-everyday stuff that is kinda pointless. Props to anyone that has it though. I don't know anyone who isn't half or Korean/Chinese who has it.

Apparently, my school has a really good Japanese program. I probably should have studied more instead of lurking GAF.

Do we know who is reviewing bloodborne (if anyone?). Dan was playing it, but I assume Brad would be too.

We know Jeff has no feelings towards the souls series
Jason is a cool dude so I am just assuming he likes them.

Have they even said anyone is reviewing it period? I would imagine they would but who really knows.

tchocky

yeah i don't know why i assume anyone reviews anything anymore.
But i think "big console exclusives" are hopefully things they would like to get a score out there for

I am not expecting a review because souls games are pretty long and difficult so it makes it tougher for them to complete within the timeframe where a review is worth it to them. I don't even know who would be best to review it Dan has only played DSII and I don't think Brad has finished a souls game without the motivation of a stream to keep him going.

BearPawB

Banned
I am not expecting a review because souls games are pretty long and difficult so it makes it tougher for them to complete within the timeframe where a review is worth it to them. I don't even know who would be best to review it Dan has only played DSII and I don't think Brad has finished a souls game without the motivation of a stream to keep him going.

Kevin VanOrd said it took him 65 hours, so yeah I think a lot of places (i.e. patrick) will post early impressions rather than a full review.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
GB will prolly not end up with a Bloodborne review, Brad I don't think ever beat DSII, and needed Premium content to play DeS, so I'm doubtful he could finish one of those games in any useful time frame. Nothing wrong with that though, the QL will tell you everything you need to know and the Bombcast will hopefully cover the rest. I'm sure Patrick will stream some of it so, my viewing needs will be met.

And since I don't have a PS4 I can only watch on this one. I'm betting when I eventually get one it will be a DeS situation for that game where I play it a few years after release and still have a great time.

On another note, what do we think the odds are that Pillars of Eternity gets a Quick Look next week? It has the unfortunate problem of coming out the same week as Bloodborne and is in a genre that GB typically has trouble covering. There was a QL EX of it sometime last year I think. A Rorie + Brad QL might be possible? I'd bet we have to wait a week or two tho.

Anjin M

That would require reviewers to actually complete games they review. Highly doubt that happens alot.

That's pretty cynical. Most of the problems I see have to do with their inability to test games in a live environment. Is not finishing games still a massive problem? (A genuine question as there may be recent instances I have missed.)

GB will prolly not end up with a Bloodborne review, Brad I don't think ever beat DSII, and needed Premium content to play DeS, so I'm doubtful he could finish one of those games in any useful time frame. Nothing wrong with that though, the QL will tell you everything you need to know and the Bombcast will hopefully cover the rest. I'm sure Patrick will stream some of it so, my viewing needs will be met.

And since I don't have a PS4 I can only watch on this one. I'm betting when I eventually get one it will be a DeS situation for that game where I play it a few years after release and still have a great time.

On another note, what do we think the odds are that Pillars of Eternity gets a Quick Look next week? It has the unfortunate problem of coming out the same week as Bloodborne and is in a genre that GB typically has trouble covering. There was a QL EX of it sometime last year I think. A Rorie + Brad QL might be possible? I'd bet we have to wait a week or two tho.

Dans been playing it since atleast Friday, probably earlier than that. (Most likely earlier than that.) I think Brad has been playing as well. I don't think we know if Vinny/Alex have received copies.

I think it will be reviewed by either Brad or Dan. Most likely Dan.

El_Funko

Neo Member
I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of Bloodborne content on the site, but not an actual review. Unless Dan volunteered to race through the game so he could get a proper review done, allowing Brad and Vinny to take their time playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom