• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
Played the Prey demo. It was bad.

And I actually didn't feel great while playing, don't know if it was some motion blur stuff or camera, or what.

I didn't know anything about the game, was surprised to see it has that ugly character art style. Also, the perspective seems a bit weird, like we're too short / too big at times.

A certain scene at the beginning of the demo was neat but the royalty free Kavinsky kinda took me out of it.
Did you just shit on Mick Gordon?

Just watched it and...didn't hate it?

FOwZ77O.gif

Did you just shit on Mick Gordon?

I liked the music during the opening, but the pieces used for exploration and combat don't fit at all. The song that plays when you're confronted with unlocking your first door is especially grating.

Also, the demo makes the game seems really bad.

dcassell

Banned
Just watched it and...didn't hate it?

I don't hate it either, Dan! But most TVs (especially cheaper LGs like the one I own) will create weird artifacts around things that are in motion (especially when the camera pans), which is the biggest thing that bugs me about it. If you sit far enough away, it's not a huge deal. Though many home theater buffs will crucify you for liking it since it's absolutely not accurate to the source material.

I'll admit, sometimes I just turn those features on to know that I own a relatively fancy TV after my years with a 200-pound, 720p plasma screen TV from 2005. It's night and day, comparatively.

kingocfs

I saw that first Hobbit movie in HFR and thought it was kind of dope. Slapping it on older movies is about as effective as adding 3D to a movie after the fact, but a film that was shot with HFR in mind is cool as hell.

Hindl

Lmao people expecting new hire

That Batman forever video is weird. It just looks like a movie set at 60 fps for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom