• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
The only thing Fallout 4 had going for it was the open world exploration aspect, which Skyrim, FO: NV, FO3, Oblivion, and every other Bethesda open world game also had. It wasn't even that good either because there was next to nothing interesting or engaging about the Boston they created. Nothing worth exploring for. All that is made worse by the stories they tried to tell and how shallow they were.

Fallout 4 is a bad game and not worth anyone's time. God...that game still pisses me off and I didn't even touch on how fucked their dialog system is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really want to buy Tekken and Injustice on PS4 instead of PC because I know the community will be there

but the idea of paying to use online in 2017 is absurd to me. its why splatoon 2 pushes me away so much.

Joeku

The only thing Fallout 4 had going for it was the open world exploration aspect, which Skyrim, FO: NV, FO3, Oblivion, and every other Bethesda open world game also had. It wasn't even that good either because there was next to nothing interesting or engaging about the Boston they created. Nothing worth exploring for. All that is made worse by the stories they tried to tell and how shallow they were.

Fallout 4 is a bad game and not worth anyone's time. God...that game still pisses me off and I didn't even touch on how fucked their dialog system is.

Not that I disagree, but was this, uh, prompted by anything?

gja9jlp.png

A few posts about Fallout 4 up the page a bit.

People like building shit like towns and outposts. That wasn't the reason why I wanted to play a new Fallout game.

Touche

I feel like i'm the only person who liked fallout 4 . They finally nailed the gunplay and the story was actually pretty good.

The best part of the story was exiting the building where you kill your sons kidnapper is and seeing the horde of Brotherhood ships over the sky

Hindl

Fallout 4 was a thing. barely

I cna't think of another major game like that that felt like it came and went so quickly. Especially compared to every other Bethesda release of the last decade or so

That's because everyone realized Bethesda games have always sucked because there were finally open world games released alongside it that were actually well designed

Megasoum

Banned
I decided to give Stellaris a try... I've been stuck on the "Choose your appearance" screen for like 20min now... Not sure I'll actually start my game tonight lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I finished Prey. It was ok.

but like BOTW, I'm not really that blown away by games that let you 'play your way' personally

They should have just gone all the way on the settlement construction stuff for Fallout 4 and made the story about, like, a player-character mayor whose town gets done blown up. Would have been better than reverse-Fallout-3.

Hindl

Gotta make money somewhere.

And minecraft switch is gonna make BANK.

Oh yeah definitely. This is basically a cliche at this point but the Switch is the perfect platform for Minecraft. It's a console but kids can also do tablet mode.

It's just weird seeing worlds collide like that. I guess like when Jeff pointed out at the Halo Wars 2 reveal that Sega was creating the next Halo game

Mini-rant:

The best Fallout 4 story stuff takes place in the computer terminals. Whoever wrote those cared more about what they were doing than the idiots constructing the main narrative, with its empty characters, wack-ass dialog and straight-up "fuck yourself" endings.

It's like they actively tried to come up with the worst way to end a Fallout game and hit a double bullseye so perfect, you can't even tell two different shots landed. This is because the two endings are the same, save for a line or two of monologue. You see better endings in brain-dead, stay frosty bro shooters.

Fallout 4 fails the Fallout name on nearly every level possible. Bethesda has no idea what they're doing as far as making story happen/implementing actual open-ended choices and paths, but they sure can market the shit out of vault boi and teh power armerz.

I built a pc in anticipation of Fallout 4, hoping Bethesda would learn a thing or ten from the effort Obsidian put into New Vegas, which is maybe my all-time favorite RPG. What I got a was a mess (with some fun gunplay) that I desperately wandered around in for almost 200 hours, hoping to extract something great. I never found it. I do have 40 different variants of the combat shotgun though. Woopee.

J_Viper

When does the Premium sale end?

I'm good till 2019, but I don't mind resubbing this year, I'm just waiting for a new debit card to come in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom