• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I beat the Paris story mission in Hitman (chandelier drop plus sneaking up to the top as one of the top security people and just killing her in front of everyone. I think I had a better plan with her bathroom but it fell through).

Overall I'm kind of surprised by how much chaos I could cause and still kill these guys no problem and complete the mission. It seems like you could really blaze through the story...

So I want to know the right way to play this game. What flow did you guys use when tackling the different episodes? How did you approach them?

Jintor

Ok, I beat the Paris story mission in Hitman (chandelier drop plus sneaking up to the top as one of the top security people and just killing her in front of everyone. I think I had a better plan with her bathroom but it fell through).

Overall I'm kind of surprised by how much chaos I could cause and still kill these guys no problem and complete the mission. It seems like you could really blaze through the story...

So I want to know the right way to play this game. What flow did you guys use when tackling the different episodes? How did you approach them?

First playthrough, turn off all prompts, just explore the level, and try your best to get the perfect assassination but roll with any problems that happen

Hollow Knight is preeetty fucking good

Bought it last Friday, but I wasn't sure if I'd like it because I heard that it could get a little aimless...

I proceeded to beat it in 30 hours in the course of about 2 days. The game is a masterwork, and skyrocketed into my top 3 for this year. Absolutely incredible.

Santar

They apparently messed up with the latest patch and lowered the damage you take from enemies by a lot.
You can now basically easily shoot yourself out of every situation in the game. Usually you can't really mess up much before you're dead.
Hopefully they fix it fast as the game is just boring now.
Now I understand why I survived that firefight at the end of that last elusive target.

Jintor

Having just sold my RX480 for an obscene amount of money, this is probably the worst time for your card to die. Every card that isn't a super low end card or a 1080/1080Ti is out of stock or selling for over MSRP. If you get lucky you can pay MSRP for a card, otherwise just get a 1080/1080Ti and call it a day.

Fuck

Well I actually don't have urgency to fixing this up except that I want my two screens working again

Maybe I'll go dig up my old card and plug it in

First playthrough, turn off all prompts, just explore the level, and try your best to get the perfect assassination but roll with any problems that happen

That sounds good! What is considered a perfect assassination? Edit: Looking at the details it looks like that would be the "Silent Assassin" thingy.

And then after that run through what did you typically do? There's so many different types of objectives and activities I don't know the difference between yet (challenges, briefings, escalations, etc).

Jintor

Silent assassin is the ultimate goal (outside of escalations)

Kill your target
Get away cleanly
Nobody knows it was you

Any fool can murder a man. But an assassination is a work of art.

After that run, try doing it in some other fun way and maybe don't worry so much about silent assassin unless you're specifically going for it

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
i am going to throw up
2949105-taco-bell-sourpatch-kid.jpg

xuchu

Oh shit. They're speedrunning Furi. As much as I like seeing games broken with bugs and glitches in any %speedruns for other games, speedruns for Furi are them just being really, really good at the game and I love seeing that too. One of most exhilarating action games I've played in recent memory.

Oh shit. They're speedrunning Furi. As much as I like seeing games broken with bugs and glitches in any %speedruns for other games, speedruns for Furi are them just being really, really good at the game and I love seeing that too. One of most exhilarating action games I've played in recent memory.

Good Jeff can see how good it is

Too bad Brad isnt there

Furi got robbed last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom