• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot of respect for what I imagine goes into speed running, but speedruns have got to be one of the least interesting parts of this hobby to me.

Missing all the #content

Seems like it was great based on this thread.

This week has been hell 😂

Probably not playing Crash tonight either.

Oh well, time to see Baby Driver and end the day on a good note.

I have a lot of respect for what I imagine goes into speed running, but speedruns have got to be one of the least interesting parts of this hobby to me.

same here, I can't imagine playing a game more than maybe twice, and that's only if it's one of my favorite games of all time. And even then, I have to give it a couple years before I go back to it. There is WAAAAYYY too many games for me to play one over and over and over again. Once I beat a game, I move on to the next.

Just opened up the schedule image they are using for the upcoming Beast in the East. Get pumped for a story heavy episode.

Edit: I actually had looked at the one for July 10th. Slightly less impressive for how far ahead that is in the story lol.

The feeling of hearing rumours, investigating the map, placing pins, plotting an expedition, gearing up and heading out in Zelda is fucking amazing.

Zaph

UClg7DM.png

I just had my first VR experience (PSVR) and may have spent too much time in it. I come out of my two hours inside hungry, a little sick, and sweaty. The sickness is from not eating and getting super hot. Some impressions:

• JOB SIMULATOR IS FUCKING AMAZING. WOW
  • Thumper and Rez are also very cool. I liked Thumper a lot more though.
  • Didn't have any tracking issues whatsoever barring having to move the camera from my desk to on top of my TV for Job Simulator
  • Driveclub VR was very neat and didn't make me sick at all
  • It is amazing how natural using the move controllers is. I was playing The Heist in PSVR Worlds and was immediately reloading the gun without looking. All the interactions in Job Simulator fall in this category as well. Very cool.
  • Headmaster is very impressive. The heading controls felt pretty good though a little inaccurate. Only played the demo so I didn't have much in the way of practice.
I could write more, but I'll leave it at that for now. Next time I play I will be trying out Resident Evil 7 and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood!

Come on, man.

It's Hot Fuzz.

As much as I love Hot Fuzz, my favorite is still At World's End. To me it's more relatable with the whole "lets do the thing we were wanting to do as kids but we didn't have the chance to do so. I miss our childhood" kind of thing even though it is a way darker film then the other two are. Also, them action scenes.

68mdq70.gif

However, Hot Fuzz is really fucking close. If Edgar Wright never made At World's End, it would've been my favorite. There are probably only a dozen of us with At World's End as their favorite.

TraBuch

Banned
I've seen Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead double digit times each and I've still yet to watch The World's End despite owning it since release.

On an unrelated note, I just watched Kong: Skull Island and yooooooo, that movie is fucking awesome.

Hot Fuzz is probably funnier, and is almost certainly the best-constructed comedy out of the lot, but The World's End is far and away Wright's best film. I've watched it half a dozen times and get something new and brilliant out of it every time.

TraBuch

Banned
I often wonder what Edgar Wright's Ant-Man looks like. I actually really enjoy what it turned out to be, the fact that it was such a small-scale superhero movie was really refreshing to me, but yeah, I still would've liked to have seen Edgar Wright's version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom