• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Zaph

I always thought the idolisation of Walter White said more about the state of entertainment rather than any failings of the show.

It's a hard film to fuck with because there is no one to root for in that film but the journey the main character takes is fascinating and his assholeness knows no bounds.

Not to get film snob but man I notice this becomes a talking point right away when it comes to people shitting on movies on the internet (and a number of TV/movie threads in OT) and it bugs the shit out of me.

Not criticizing your post and in fact you're totally right but just hate that people now often seem to critically gauge shit on likability.

oti

Banned
It's a hard film to fuck with because there is no one to root for in that film but the journey the main character takes is fascinating and his assholeness knows no bounds.

BTW, since when is this a normal sentence to say? Keeping up with English slang is hard, fam. Throwing shade... Or something. Would of known.

Zaph

jldaGUR.jpg

Still hasn't been topped

Santar

I'm a bit behind on the stream but this whole masterpiece discussion is a bit weird.
It's like Austin only considers there to be one singular definition of what masterpiece means.
There's not.
It can mean different things to different people.
I wish all of the other guys didn't just accept what he's saying as fact.

TraBuch

Banned
Know what was a much better American West movie than There Will Be Blood that came out the same year? The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford.

- J - D -

I'm a bit behind on the stream but this whole masterpiece discussion is a bit weird.
It's like Austin only considers there to be one singular definition of what masterpiece means.
There's not.
It can mean different things to different people.
I wish all of the other guys didn't just accept what he's saying as fact.

What? He's straight up asking others what their definition of a masterpiece is.

BTA

You know what I love? "What's a Vita" "lol remember that dead system?" jokes. My favorite.

Especially since it is a way better system than the 3DS ever could be, no matter how many more versions/iterations/cash grabs they do for it.

I love the 3DS but I've played my Vita waaaaay more in the past year.

I think the one pet peeve I have about GB is actually the amount of times they treat the Vita like only indie ports are still coming out on it or something. I know I'd sound crazy mentioning that because it sounds like I'm clamoring for pervy anime games but... no, there's a lot of great Japanese games coming out on it still. Lots of great visual novels (including lots of otome games), and rhythm games, and RPGs, so on.

It's kinda weirdly dismissive/factually inaccurate to treat the entire thing as dead when legitimately good games are still coming out on it, and even the fraction of that which are translated isn't that small of an amount still. I'm not exactly expecting them to play any of those games but they totally exist. I'm not like... angry or anything; it's just really weird to see perpetuated.

BTW, since when is this a normal sentence to say? Keeping up with English slang is hard, fam. Throwing shade... Or something. Would of known.
Fuck with
Not to get film snob but man I notice this becomes a talking point right away when it comes to people shitting on movies on the internet (and a number of TV/movie threads in OT) and it bugs the shit out of me.

Not criticizing your post and in fact you're totally right but just hate that people now often seem to critically gauge shit on likability.

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. That being said some people just don't want to see bad people being the focus of the story. Like Nightcrawler is a damn good film that I feel is very underrated. Most people dislike that film because of the main character but I found it to be very interesting and fascinating.

- J - D -

I always thought the idolisation of Walter White said more about the state of entertainment rather than any failings of the show.

That's what Austin (and I) disagree with, that the writers tried to have their cake and eat it too in regards to how Walter was presented to audiences.

Jeff Bakalar! and lmao at Dan changing his mind on not being able to take on wolves anymore
Know what was a much better American West movie than There Will Be Blood that came out the same year? The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford.

I mean that's a great film as well, but both are telling way different stories. At the same time, since we're talking American Western films, I highly recommend Lonesome Dove.

Santar

Having now watched Alex play these Mega Man games for a while it's fascinating to see he just still doesn't appear to have the game logic down. It's hard to explain.
I'm no mega man savant at all, it's ages between when I play any of them and as a kid I only owned 2 and 3 but I still have it in my fingers how the games work if you know what I mean. It's like Alex just brute forces himself trough every situation.
I'm absolutely not meaning this as criticism, I kow playing on streams are hard, it's just fascinating.

Top Bottom