• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

55LoscK.png

No kingdom hearts

The dream is dead

I'm not sure if I can keep watching XCOM
It's killing me inside.
Slowly
Aww, I thought another vid was up.

I need to see how they handle Thin Men. Because man, it's like every one is a sniper perfectly placed to kill your squad. They're such a terror until you get some decent armour... months later.
The real issue is that they do this for a majority of QLs now. LIke Serial Cleaner.... if I was the dev I'd be pissed. I found that insanely disrespectful, to stop the game mid QL and start up Soul Calibur and play that instead. To me the viewer that basically tells me this game isn't even worth showing. I was genuinely interested in that game before the quick look and was excited to hear there impressions on it. I'm done with Dan taking every QL and turning it into "teach me about basic life."
Yeah I'm pretty done with Dan's antics myself. He has an awful habit of dragging dead air into conversations about him, which is particularly egregious when covering a game in QLs. Up until recently I would've said he was OK when hosting QLs himself, though. Like, it doesn't bother me so much in podcasts or premium videos, but in focused stuff like QLs it seems deeply inappropriate. The Soul Calibur thing was the worst instance of this across all GB; it wasn't a QL of the Internet, but this weird, awkward transition into an impromptu This is the Run: Beat Vinny at Soul Calibur.

The worst part of these "discussions" is that it's always the same conversation. Dan [hates/likes/doesn't understand] [subject]. Other person queries/explains. Dan doubles down or is "enlightened." Optional segue into one of the three subjects Dan isn't ignorant about: corporate cheerleading, wrestling, or Metal Gear. Repeat ad nauseum. (At this point, whatever they were doing before might as well have stopped.)

I wish he'd give the character a rest sometimes.

The real issue is that they do this for a majority of QLs now. LIke Serial Cleaner.... if I was the dev I'd be pissed. I found that insanely disrespectful, to stop the game mid QL and start up Soul Calibur and play that instead. To me the viewer that basically tells me this game isn't even worth showing. I was genuinely interested in that game before the quick look and was excited to hear there impressions on it. I'm done with Dan taking every QL and turning it into "teach me about basic life."
With respect... who cares what the devs think? I feel like they showed off enough of that game for people to get an idea of if they want to try it out. And GB doesn’t owe anyone coverage for anything.

Top Bottom