• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Teddified

yay call in show after bombcast
ughhhhh it'll probably be ok I guess

What if the call in show is just people calling them to correct the wrong things they said on the bombcast.

Love that they are starting to do the TNT thing again! Was only able to play with them once back in the day. Played The Darkness 2 with Ryan. Still miss him :(

(catching up on Blue Bombin')

weirdly enough, despite their vast gulf in knowledge and thought process, I think Austin was actually the best person at Giant Bomb to explain things to Dan in a way he could understand

My dad just rang me whilst utterly drunk after pub based political discourse to have a conversation about how there's not racism in the UK or America and that most folks are reasonable around the world. He had no evidence for what he said, was trying to argue that Confederate monuments should be kept as history, and claimed that all Southerners were fully aware of their history.

He's literally never said anything like this before and it fucking sucks.

Man, I usually defend UPF, but that was terrible. the entire first half of it was a complete waste. the Online portion should have been this weeks "Midweek Multiplayer Madness" TNT thing. why they saved it for the last half hour even though they said start it up at the beginning of UPF is beyond me.

Seriously, if they do some stupid liveshow call in thing after the bombcast, everyone needs to ask them why they don't do the midweek multiplayer thing instead of the call in show. I don't get Jeff's obsession with call in stuff.

Fireblend

Banned

weirdly enough, despite their vast gulf in knowledge and thought process, I think Austin was actually the best person at Giant Bomb to explain things to Dan in a way he could understand

Not really that weird. Austin is extremely eloquent and very, very good at getting his ideas across. I don't think there's anyone else in the industry as good as him at that, tbh.

Teddified

Man, I usually defend UPF, but that was terrible. the entire first half of it was a complete waste. the Online portion should have been this weeks "Midweek Multiplayer Madness" TNT thing. why they saved it for the last half hour even though they said start it up at the beginning of UPF is beyond me.

Seriously, if they do some stupid liveshow call in thing after the bombcast, everyone needs to ask them why they don't do the midweek multiplayer thing instead of the call in show.

When ben did the first one for Friday the 13th they said it wasn't gonna be every week and would only be done when they had a game and the want to do the stream.

- J - D -

My dad just rang me whilst utterly drunk after pub based political discourse to have a conversation about how there's not racism in the UK or America and that most folks are reasonable around the world. He had no evidence for what he said, was trying to argue that Confederate monuments should be kept as history, and claimed that all Southerners were fully aware of their history.

He's literally never said anything like this before and it fucking sucks.

I feel like Charlottesville has become the new de facto counter argument to any claim that America no longer has racism.

Sorry about your dad.

Family, right?

p.s. UPF was UPF, again.

Mr. F

Banned
how wa-

Seriously, if they do some stupid liveshow call in thing after the bombcast, everyone needs to ask them why they don't do the midweek multiplayer thing instead of the call in show. I don't get Jeff's obsession with call in stuff.

edit; if it really was that bad that's unfortunate considering there's no doubt a lot of people on free trials this week. hachi machi.

I feel like Charlottesville has become the new de facto counter argument to any claim that America no longer has racism.

Sorry about your dad.

Family, right?

p.s. UPF was UPF, again.

Just really shook me because he hasn't ever done anything like it before. When he started to claim British Imperialism was to the benefit the countries we conquered...

Also UPF was UPF.

Austin has a really uncanny ability for breaking things down and explaining himself without ever sounding condescending or patronizing. I really admire that.

- J - D -

Just really shook me because he hasn't ever done anything like it before. When he started to claim British Imperialism was to the benefit the countries we conquered...

Also UPF was UPF.

Well you did say he was drunk. Being pulled into any politically charged argument tends to flare up the temperament. In any case, I wouldn't purport to tell you what to do in this situation but if it's never happened before now maybe it's worth talking to him about it when he's not drunk.

apparently even Jason may have been bored during this week's episode

Perhaps too distracted by anticipation for Kingdom Heartache 4.44, in which he is the starring guest.

BTA

Watched 4 episodes of The Return now and I'm digging it.
I cannot believe Michael Cera.

I need to start watching other stuff that actually ends sooner and there's way more of. I only meant to watch 4 episodes this entire weekend. But I have to watch the 5th now...

I just got home and fired up Splatoon for the first time in a few days, and the lobby is flooded with MAGA bullshit? What the actual fuck?

Edit: Though the super-positive posts competing with them are pretty fantastic

I'm not playing super often but haven't seen any of that, ugh. I will say it's the one game I actually actively report things in; I don't wanna be No Fun Allowed but there's been a few gross jokes here and there that don't belong.

I'm happy to have seen this yesterday though.

Well you did say he was drunk. Being pulled into any politically charged argument tends to flare up the temperament. In any case, I wouldn't purport to tell you what to do in this situation but if it's never happened before now maybe it's worth talking to him about it when he's not drunk.

Sunday lunch is going to be so, so awkward this week.

Strax

Hey, pretty baby
Come and save me
I got a confession for you
Call me crazy
But I may be
Committing a crime of the first degree
I'm not pretendin'
I mean what I'm sayin'
I'm commin' in with my hands up high
I gotta face it
I'm not gonna make it
Without your lovin' I got nowhere to go

Don't you see what you're doing to me
I'm in love and I can't break free
Now I'm begging would you baby
Please don't leave me hangin'
Oh no no no

It's a lock down baby, you drive me crazy
Ain't no escaping, the love's got me doin' time
You're my attorney, my judge and jury
I'm feeling guilty so lock me up and throw away the key
I said lock me up and throw away the key
Lock me up and throw away the key

You can restrain me, you can search me
I'm giving all up just to be with you
I'm so happy now you've got me
And I surrender all my loving to you

Don't you see what you're doing to me
I'm in love and I can't break free
Now I'm begging would you baby
Please don't leave me hangin'
Oh no no no

I said lock me up and throw away the key
Lock me up and throw away the key

Jintor

i dunno i feel like the one-two punch of abby/dan is very strong

i am listening through the first 55 eps or whatever of the beastcast to make the giant bestcast tho and there is a lot of _hella_good_austin

Man do I miss Austin. Beast's golden age.

I like how things are now. Abby's new on the scene and she's great, then I can go to Waypoint for Austin, Daniel, Patrick, Rob, and Danika.

GB's been pretty good at getting guest voices on the site over the last few weeks so I hope they manage to keep it up.

Fireblend

Banned
Man do I miss Austin. Beast's golden age.
I agree wholeheartedly, Austin-era GB was my favorite, but also him leaving was the best decision he could've ever made. It's a shame we lost him as a regular member of GBEast but the work he's put in on Waypoint is outstanding. I'm ok with him being the occasional guest on GB tbh. Best possible outcome.

Also I guess him leaving gave us Abby and she's another voice I'm glad GB has now.

Lari

I've seen little content with Austin (the vinnyvanias mostly) but I like him and he certainly brings a lot to the table discourse-wise.

But I love the dynamic of the current crew. In a dream scenario I would just prefer adding Austin to the mix rather than getting rid of anyone.

I've seen little content with Austin (the vinnyvanias mostly) but I like him and he certainly brings a lot to the table discourse-wise.

But I love the dynamic of the current crew. In a dream scenario I would just prefer adding Austin to the mix rather than getting rid of anyone.

You have to pick someone to kick. You have to.

Who is it?

Fireblend

Banned

The Contradiction playthrough and Project BEAST are top tier content.

I can't think of Kerbal Space Program without hearing Austin's VINNYYYY cries.

I love them all, and I love the way they all interact with each other, but if I'm being honest I would have to cut Dan

IT'S REAL FUCKING CLOSE THOUGH

The person who has brought so many premium features? You monster

That's cruel!
If a gun was pointed at my head i'd probably pick Alex, but I feel terrible even considering this.

You would remove the glue who holds everything together? Incredible

2957974-webp.net-resizeimage+%2816%29.jpg

Unprofessional Fridays: 08/18/17
Join us as we witness a Pac-attack, a lack of attack, and a Pack attack.

Top Bottom