• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

imBask

Banned
Undertale is a great game, but a very bad game to stream, it's not great to watch AND it ruins the experience for the player... it's a solo-ass solo game

it's one thing to move away from what made people love Saints Row 2, but then turning around and doing the same thing to the Saints Row the Third crowd is nuts

Zaph

I'm positive Agents of Mayhem was a 4 player co-op game with mmo-lite features (read: Destiny) that had its budget butchered last minute, and I refuse to believe otherwise.

Klepek's review for AOM went into some weird design stuff that is making it less likely I try the game.

Worse still, most of the game's additional characters—12 in all—are optional unlocks. If you don't spend time with the game's ample side missions, you'll end up with only a handful. Because I spent a few hours unlocking new agents, however, I now have a really fascinating group to play with. (Their individual stories are interesting, too.)

The best open world games have, by definition, memorable worlds. Though Agents of Mayhem's take on Seoul comes across as lifeless, with citizenry rarely reacting to your actions, it's really tough to commit much of it to memory; the game is constantly removing you from the world. In order to change your squad, buy new tech, or interact with the metagame elements, you have to jump back to a place called The Ark. For whatever reason, none of this can be accomplished through the main menus, while you're exploring Seoul itself. Instead, if you accidentally bring the wrong squad member with, or if you want to send a spare agent on a side mission in the game's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood-like metagame, that means a trip back to The Ark.

I like being able to swap my squad all the time, I like that sidelined agents can be useful and collect loot for me, and it's maddening to spend so much time away from the game in order to accomplish these tasks. It slows everything down.

oh man this nidhogg ql is really great

ok nidhogg 2 you're alright

I don't know, between the weird over animation of the characters, and the absolutely horrendous art style. I found myself putting it down last night, going back to the original and enjoyed playing that way more than 2. It's hard to really explain, but I really wish they added a original filter, or didn't go with the terrible art style, its just bad. It looks gross, and not in a fun way.

I'm positive Agents of Mayhem was a 4 player co-op game with mmo-lite features (read: Destiny) that had its budget butchered last minute, and I refuse to believe otherwise.

I'm shocked it doesn't at least have 2 player co-op given it doesn't look much different from the SR3/4 engine.

Klepek's review for AOM went into some weird design stuff that is making it less likely I try the game.

I don't know if I agree that the game even has heart. It's the caucus of Saints Row stripped of everything that made SR fun with the thinnest possible layers of GI Joe and mobile game mechanics paint covering it.

kiyomi

This Matterfall quick look, jesus christ.

2865492-4161000386-tumbl.gif

So does Napsterblook only show up that one time? Alex went on about that character in GOTY like it was the greatest character of all time ever.... I really don't understand the love for this game. I got a couple hours into it and just did not find it fun at all.

I got nothing against Rabbids and obviously that game wouldn't be happening without Ubisoft, but I can't helped but being a little bummed that the Rabbids are the enemies when a Mario XCOM game would be such a great excuse to pull out every obscure Mario enemy from the series with unique traits and abilities to fight against.

robotrock

Banned
I got nothing against Rabbids and obviously that game wouldn't be happening without Ubisoft, but I can't helped but being a little bummed that the Rabbids are the enemies when a Mario XCOM game would be such a great excuse to pull out every obscure Mario enemy from the series with unique traits and abilities to fight against.
I wonder if Nintendo had issues with Mario pointing a gun at a Toad and then pulling the trigger? Definitely agree with you though.

He might, I'm not sure, I never finished it, I got way too bored with the game back when it came out. I would like to try and finish it, but man, it doesn't look very appealing at all to me.

He comes back later on. I think Alex likes him so much despite him being a minor character because he ends up having some pretty accurate/great lines for a character who has depression.

Don't ever feel like you should force your way to play through games though. If you got through the first few hours and didn't like it you probably won't enjoy the rest of it.

The weird colored strobe light and brightness and dimming really makes this game super hard for me to play too. So many weird directions for the style of this game.

I met Brad once at E3 and he made time to chat to me, a total stranger, and was very nice. Brad is a good boy. I also saw Ryan singing the Beatles that year and I'm glad that's a thing I can say.

Valtýr

Still hate the aesthetic of Nidhogg II. I preferred the simple style of the first and was interested in seeing how they could expand on that.

I bet it would look at least 25% better if characters just didn't have faces

I met Brad once at E3 and he made time to chat to me, a total stranger, and was very nice. Brad is a good boy. I also saw Ryan singing the Beatles that year and I'm glad that's a thing I can say.

yeah, I don't mean to say that he's an asshole or anything

So does Napsterblook only show up that one time? Alex went on about that character in GOTY like it was the greatest character of all time ever.... I really don't understand the love for this game. I got a couple hours into it and just did not find it fun at all.

No, he shows up a few times.

But I don't think he's really a stand out character.

Top Bottom