• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Holy crap the .hack collection is this year in the west? November?

THis year is fucking insane. I was expecting that next year at least.

Sure, but off the top of my head (and I'm not caught up) Awful Squad's done:

• 5th person spectates (from streaming player's POV but with no delay) and gives orders
  • 5th person decides player to be a traitor that the others need to figure out before they're killed
  • Various zombie/custom game types
  • A trivia/jeopardy game run by a 5th (or n+1 in custom) person who gives out punishments upon failure

I don't think all of that or that tone necessarily works for GB but something like the traitor game or one of them sitting back to be the strategist might be fun.

Commander Dan And His Band Of Brothers (And Sometimes Sister)!

* Gunfight starts *

Dan - "Okay Alex, you go over into that building next to where the Jeep is and search for loot. Abby, you go over into the two story building and look for loot. Brad, you stand there and try to hold off the 4 person invasion. Jeff, you..."

Jeff - "Dan, shut the fuck up".

Best Tie-In 2017
TYAhOxf.gif

(Switch version of Rocket League & Metroid)

oti

Banned
GB: We're halting Dota for a while, because people want to watch TI instead.

Also GB: We're streaming Dota at the same time as the Blizzard stream at gamescom.

Not even 200 viewers...

Hasney

GB: We're halting Dota for a while, because people want to watch TI instead.

Also GB: We're streaming Dota at the same time as the Blizzard stream at gamescom.

Not even 200 viewers...

I mean, my reaction to a Gamescom stream the way those have gone is the same as DOTA

200.gif

oti

Banned
I mean, my reaction to a Gamescom stream the way those have gone is the same as DOTA

200.gif

Oh yeah. gamescom has been pretty awful this year, with the exception of new Mario Odyssey gameplay. Microsoft and EA were super bad. But I'm sure Blizzard will deliver. Just the new short was better than Microsoft and EA combined.

Hasney

Oh yeah. gamescom has been pretty awful this year, with the exception of new Mario Odyssey gameplay. Microsoft and EA were super bad. But I'm sure Blizzard will deliver. Just the new short was better than Microsoft and EA combined.

I just took a peek and they're showing their MOBA.

YOUR MOVE OTI

Best Tie-In 2017
TYAhOxf.gif

(Switch version of Rocket League & Metroid)

Buying this and turning cross-play off to try and climb the ranks against new people until I run into people doing the same thing I am.

Hindl

Had it several times(haven't had one in a while). I never saw anything though just that I wasn't able to move and I had no control over my body so it felt like I was trapped inside a shell. Whenever I had one, my mind straight up panics and It kind of feels like I had to push invisible walls till I am in control of my body often culminating in me coming in control but breathing heavily as if I was running like my life dependent on it. It fucking sucks.

Side note but I hope Mary comes on an East stream again. She and Abby were so good together

Hasney

Of course they'd show their MOBA. This stream is 1.25h long and they have like, 4 games or something?

I'm here for Overwatch news if there are any.

They already announced their map. I doubt there's more the pace they work, unless they talk about the Mercy changes.

Ashby

Isn't Gamescom typically uneventful though? Racking my brain for big announcements they've had. I think Iwata announced Phantom Hourglass there?

oti

Banned
Isn't Gamescom typically uneventful though? Racking my brain for big announcements they've had. I think Iwata announced Phantom Hourglass there?

Xbox used gamescom as a smaller E3 for a year I think. They showed Quantum Break and Scalebound. Sony used to have a presser too. But the landscape has changed with PSX and Microsoft... not really having anything to announce I guess. Sony also does Paris Games Week too.

Nintendo does a livestream for the first time at least.

Top Bottom