• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

"There's no reason for the scenes to be this long!" *get super hype when the protracted calm gets suddenly interrupted by a moment of action* What is tempo

I liked the movie, but that film, even at 90 minutes, is stretched reeeaaal thin. Likely due to its budget. Like, it could have been a Twilight Zone episode and not lost much.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Abby went from A to D tier over the course of an hour and 46 minutes.

tumblr_m9wkpjfszJ1r324lio1_400.gif

J_Viper

Probably not Yakuza when all is said and done, but Alex will not allow Nier to drop off the list.
If Alex really pushes for it like he did for Thumper, then maybe I can see it at the very bottom

On blue bombin' alex considered it to be one he might consider a masterpiece.

Ben really likes it.

10, 9, 8 is pretty much for people's various passion picks at this point.

It will absolutely be on the list.

Just not at 4.

Did Ben really like it though? I seem to remember him agreeing with Jeff about it's flaws, though I could be remembering incorrectly.

I'm just saying, him and Alex need to get their "Invisible Inc." pieces ready

TraBuch

Banned
hot take: MST3K aged really poorly and the only one I really like these days is Werewolf
Mike-era MST3K has aged great and if you still like Werewolf, there's no reason you wouldn't enjoy gems like Space Mutiny, Time Chasers, Prince of Space, Invasion of the Neptune Men, Pumaman, Soultaker or Hobgoblin.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If Alex really pushes for it like he did for Thumper, then maybe I can see it at the very bottom

Did Ben really like it though? I seem to remember him agreeing with Jeff about it's flaws, though I could be remembering incorrectly.

I'm just saying, him and Alex need to get their "Invisible Inc." pieces ready

You can agree with the flaws and still really like it. I'm pretty sure Alex acknowledged that it has it. He still sounded pretty high on it.

I bet you Nier and Yakuza make it. I'm going to say sadly that Persona doesn't though.

I'd just rather Jeff not say anything about it since he stopped after 45 minutes since there is no Chie. And hopefully Brad won't tell me what Twitter says about Persona 5.

- J - D -

The Thing is the superior Carpenter movie. Abby and Jeff are kinda right about They Live. It doesn't hold up. and it somehow feels like a padded 90 minute movie.

J_Viper

Destiny 2 will be higher on the list than Nier

Wolfenstein will make it this year

PUBG will win GoTY

Mass Effect will win most disappointing, with Mordor 2 as the runner up

Alex will fight for Yakuza, but it'll be torn down by Dan

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He is actually 29, he just lost his hair early.

Actually the dude that surprised me with his age was bakalar. I seriously thought he was 40-50 at the start till he revealed his age.

I think it might just be me thinking anyone who works at CNET must be old as shit.

GOTY, as it stands.

1. PUBG
2. Zelda
3. Horizon
4. Nier
5. Injustice 2
6. Resident Evil VII
7. Yakuza 0
8. Hellblade
9. Night in the Woods
10. Splatoon 2

Prove me wrong.

Not a bad guess, but Injustice 2, REVII, and Night in the Woods seem out of place, this list is good if the year ended today but it doesn't take into account all the holiday games this year.

GOTY, as it stands.

1. PUBG
2. Zelda
3. Horizon
4. Nier
5. Injustice 2
6. Resident Evil VII
7. Yakuza 0
8. Hellblade
9. Night in the Woods
10. Splatoon 2

Prove me wrong.

Hmmm... Not sure a lot of this makes sense.

First up PUBG as GOTY, while it seems likely, has factors going against it. Will it get out of Early Access? Will people get sick of it? Will Super Mario Odyssey kick its ass?

Zelda at #2 seems too high at this stage, simply because certain staff members don't have passion for it. It's top 5 easily.

Horizon at #3 would've seemed like a good idea, but given the GBEAST team is down on it, I think it might not make top 5.

Nier at #4 is way too high. It's a bottom 5 game, and that is purely because of Alex's support for it.

Injustice 2 won't even make the list. People like it, but not THAT much.

I kinda don't know what the deal is with Giant Bomb and Resident Evil VII. People seemed to like it, but not "GOTY candidate" like it.

Yakuza 0 will be a battle between Dan and Alex that Alex will relinquish for Nier Automata's sake.

Hellblade seems more like a game that members of Giant Bomb like in theory than in practice. It could get on the lower half, but it could get sunk pretty early on with a good counterargument.

People are sleeping on Night On The Woods as a Giant Bomb GOTY candidate. Alex likes it, and it's Abby's GOTY so far. This will get big support.

Splatoon 2 being in the last half of the list seems like a reasonable argument, but given how "more of the same" is a powerful counterargument in GOTY time, it might not hang on.

Doing top 10 predictions before Mario + Rabbids, Destiny 2, Shadow of War, Wolfenstein 2, and Mario Odyssey comes out seems like a bad idea. There could also be an Undertale-style surprise indie game to mix things up as well.

Top Bottom