• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

oti

Banned
I get you, but there's no real way around it. The interesting part will be seeing who are the dissenting voices and what's number 2.

It would be the ultimate twist if Brad fell into a Desitny 2 hole again and would advocate for that instead of PUBG. What are the chances they argue for something other than PUBG? *thinkingemoji*

Jeff - I can see him turning around on it
Brad - Destiny 2 #BELIEVE
Alex - pretty much a PUBG lock at this point, right?
Vinny - maybe Assassin's Creed?
Abby - I think she likes PUBG, but not to a "this has got to be GOTY" degree
Ben - don't know, doesn't feel like he takes it as seriously as others
Dan - Mario
Jason - I have no idea to be honest if he likes that game, he's somewhat out of that bubble for me

Edit:

Just watched this video again. So good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6MjWdPg7mo&ab_channel=GiantBomb

It would be the ultimate twist if Brad fell into a Desitny 2 hole again and would advocate for that instead of PUBG. What are the chances they argue for something other than PUBG? *thinkingemoji*

Jeff - I can see him turning around on it
Brad - Destiny 2 #BELIEVE
Alex - pretty much a PUBG lock at this point, right?
Vinny - maybe Assassin's Creed?
Abby - I think she likes PUBG, but not to a "this has got to be GOTY" degree
Ben - don't know, doesn't feel like he takes it as seriously as others
Dan - Mario
Jason - I have no idea to be honest if he likes that game, he's somewhat out of that bubble for me

Edit:

Just watched this video again. So good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6MjWdPg7mo&ab_channel=GiantBomb

I expect Alex to go hard for Nier tbh and wouldn't be surprised to see Ben join him

Vinny, Jeff, Dan, and Brad will all go hard for PUBG

Abby might go for Splatoon but be easily persuaded for PUBG. Jason will be like anime monster hunting simulator 2018 or something and just "but it's so good! *it's so good* ...fuck you guys" and just let everyone else fight about it.

And then PUBG will win and all of the comments will be like what no Zelda/Persona/Mario/Bloodborne again because nerds can't let anything go

kiguel182

The game that has the most content being one that they all really enjoy makes sense. I mean, they mostly olay stuff they like so there’s a direct correlation.

Although this leaves out narrative heavy games but those then get discussed a ton so it balances out.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
May or may not be related to people sending him hateful messages in social media and through chat during livestreams.

He seemed pretty frustrated with the game in the last one anyway.

Antiwhippy

BTW can I say that the comments can be a real fucking hoot.

Zs8zVSn.png

edit: the more I look at this comment the more I'm fucking dying.

May or may not be related to people sending him hateful messages in social media and through chat during livestreams.

He seemed pretty frustrated with the game in the last one anyway.

Eh.

KH could do with being put back in the oven a little longer.

It sucks cause I do wanna see them go through it, but if all its going to do is draw hate towards Ben, then screw it. He shouldnt be under pressure.

And fuuuck those comments on Bens/Abbys poddy. Holy shit will people see what they want in a simple improv skit, wont they? They can fuck off.

Antiwhippy

To be fair it's only one comment from the F&40s comment.

I just find it funny whenever people try to deep psycho-analyse them being millennials as if that fucking matters.

Like that comment about abby not liking hellblade.

Isn't demonising millennials moslty considered a parody nowadays?

Millennials is a cursed word that's basically made it so you can go "you damn kids" while actually pretending to sound like you're saying anything remotely of value. It's just the same old shit of old men yelling at clouds under a slightly different guise.

Antiwhippy

Except when its played straight like in the comments

And then you wonder how people became so entitled to their opinions

I feel like some of these people are most probably millennials too.

They just don't know what it means.

On a lighter note, I checked out the KFC VR thing they talked about on the beastcast, and holy shit it's hilarious. Haunting pop cover + making everything look like bioshock = way too self aware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAlD0h9vCEc

Hasney

Well if the second half of Mario and Rabbids is as good as the first, it might be ny number 2... Then Ben at Easy Allies said he started playing the XCOM 2 expansion and made it sound worth the money and may as well be a whole new game. Fuck.

Not even booted Kiwami yet, Mario and Rabbids too addictive.

oti

Banned
Well if the second half of Mario and Rabbids is as good as the first, it might be ny number 2... Then Ben at Easy Allies said he started playing the XCOM 2 expansion and made it sound worth the money and may as well be a whole new game. Fuck.

Is it that good? Damn.

Antiwhippy

Damn, getting me hyped here.

How long is the first half?

Catvoca

Banned

Damn. I really want to play Danganronpa V3 next week as well... too many games.

Hasney

Damn, getting me hyped here.

How long is the first half?

Says I've played around 9 hours, but I left it paused so I'd probably say 6. Not finished the second world yet, but I did go all through the first world to get the last chests and unlock all the challenge maps and re-do the 2 chapters I didn't get top rating on.

There's a lot there that's optional. My only complaint so far is that Luigi is too squishy.

oti

Banned
I feel like some of these people are most probably millennials too.

They just don't know what it means.

On a lighter note, I checked out the KFC VR thing they talked about on the beastcast, and holy shit it's hilarious. Haunting pop cover + making everything look like bioshock = way too self aware.

LegoLorax has something to say:
WFgtkxCmT2uE5MQ6JAQWEw.png

I'm loving it. It's simplified from XCOM in the right places for the audience and there's no real RNG when they're flanked. But it's not easy once it finally ramps io, and jesus the challenge maps.
Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Zaph

jXbjjGa.png

I can't wait

Huh, beastcast made it sound more serious than it is. That's a really good trailer.

Ladekabel

Gotta say that this is the best Kingdom Heartache episode so far. Title is good, off-topic talk doesn't take away their focus too much from the game. Really enjoyed this episode. Jason should be on there from now on.

hamchan

Gotta say that this is the best Kingdom Heartache episode so far. Title is good, off-topic talk doesn't take away their focus too much from the game. Really enjoyed this episode. Jason should be on there from now on.

At first I thought this was a sick burn on Kingdom Heartache because it's not uplodaded yet today.

so did anyone watch the fight?

Yep! Won bets with three different friends because "McGregor is amazing" up until he lost, haha.

It was a better fight then I thought it would be, and was actually kind of worth staying up late so far. I even had to wake up early this morning for work (5AM EST).

Wunder

I was going to get Mario + Rabbids when I got a Switch and skip WOTC when that was announced. Then I started watching some streamers play it and fuck it looked so good. I bought it and will also probably buy Rabbids once I pick up my Switch. Good time for XCOM fans

oti

Banned
I was going to get Mario + Rabbids when I got a Switch and skip WOTC when that was announced. Then I started watching some streamers play it and fuck it looked so good. I bought it and will also probably buy Rabbids once I pick up my Switch. Good time for XCOM fans
I'm planning on playing Mario XCOM first and after that XCOM 2 on PC.
You're crazy if you think Dan doesn't go to bat for Zelda. He loves PUBG, but BOTW was his favourite game for, like, twenty years.
Sure, but it's Dan. Brad will shrug him off. And Jeff not liking the stamina system kills it. A Jeff + Dan alliance for Mario is the only hope left to dethrone PUBG.

Wunder

I'm planning on playing Mario XCOM first and after that XCOM 2 on PC.

Sure, but it's Dan. Brad will shrug him off. And Jeff not liking the stamina system kills it. A Jeff + Dan alliance for Mario is the only hope left to dethrone PUBG.

If PUBG continues to pump out two or three great monthly patches, along with "exiting early access" then I think it'd be very difficult for any game to dethrone it.

oti

Banned
If PUBG continues to pump out two or three great monthly patches, along with "exiting early access" then I think it'd be very difficult for any game to dethrone it.

That's a given. We all except it to win anyway. Speculating about how it might not win is more fun than speculating about GOTY itself at this point.

Gandie

Are those patches adding significant stuff? More like refinements and stuff like performance and bug fixes, that should be expected, not celebrated.

Wunder

Are those patches adding significant stuff? More like refinements and stuff like performance and bug fixes, that should be expected, not celebrated.

They've added custom servers, first person solo/duo/squads along with new guns and vehicles. Depends how you look at it I suppose, but if they release the new map and vaulting before the end of the year, the game would have been vastly improved over it's initial early access launch.

BTW can I say that the comments can be a real fucking hoot.

Zs8zVSn.png

edit: the more I look at this comment the more I'm fucking dying.

ZglhxBP.gif

Tuesday is going to be a damn good day. Mario, Kiwami & Windjammers. Let's fucking go.
so did anyone watch the fight?
Nope. Not a fan of cross overs. I do however enjoy watching boxing & UFC from time to time, I'm a distant fan of both.

Top Bottom