• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

BTA

switch needs more otome games

You might be joking but I seriously think this; as someone who likes playing visual novels on a handheld I really hope companies don't go from Vita with maybe also PS4 to just being PS4.

Code Realize is wonderful and what I've played of Collar x Malice is rad and I'm looking forward to both Psychedelicas next year. But after 2018 I'm not sure even visual novels are gonna be viable on Vita in the West.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Make fun of vita all you want while praising vita 2.0, the switch.

I dunno, there is more than one game on the Switch that I want to play.
So it really can't be the Vita 2.0

Picturing the alternate timeline where Bethesda will only support Switch if we buy a $40 copy of Daggerfall

Make it Morrowind and you have a deal

why is bethesda doing a substantially better job supporting this nintendo handheld than capcom

You first need to actually make games before you can support something

97BfRH5.gif

qZrbgW4.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yeah you just owned yourself. Trying to say you don't care about uncharted golden abyss, unit 13, killzone mercenary, and gravity rush? The problem is you, not the vita.

I mean, I said there was one Vita game I wanted to play.
Obviously that was Unit 13, the king of third person shooters

oti

Banned
The only way I'm taking a Vita to the toilet is to flush it down

I really really like you.

Yeah you just owned yourself. Trying to say you don't care about uncharted golden abyss, unit 13, killzone mercenary, and gravity rush? The problem is you, not the vita.

These are all B-games. The problem was the Vita. The market has proven that fact. It's time to admit the Vita was a failed platform and move on.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is an odd time to say this as this direct demonstrated little of this, but yes Japanese third parties that made games for the Vita will be coming to the Switch.

Previous nindies direct stealing vita's indie schtick.

Big console games, shooters in particular, on a handheld that everyone loves to say it didn't work but are now falling over themselves for doom and wolfy.

And the clincher, pso2 actually coming to the switch.

ryseing

ok, I have one positive thing to say about the Destiny 2 opening

Nolan North did a really good job making Ghost sound completely devastated and broken, I genuinely felt bad for him

If Bungie had done a decent job explaining WTF
Twilight Gap was and why it was so important
outside of Grimoire shit I think that moment would have been much more effective.

I really really like you.

These are all B-games. The problem was the Vita. The market has proven that fact. It's time to admit the Vita was a failed platform and move on.

I will not stand for Killzone Mercenary slander. It's hardly a B-game when it's far better than the PS4 launch Killzone that came out a month later.

ya he didn't get headkicked and knocked the fuck out tho

True. Good thing about all this is that things are now working out for him thanks to Jones's own fuck ups.
If Bungie had done a decent job explaining WTF
Twilight Gap and why it was so important
was outside of Grimoire shit I think that moment would have been much more effective.

I'm at the end game and I don't know shit. All I know is that I gotta PROTEC traveler for some reason.

Stoze

Mario Odyssey looks like magic.

Also the new Destiny raid seems really cool, I'd be down to watch the GB crew attempt it.

Mr. F

Banned
Starting to get a touch of Mario rabbids fatigue, id be ok if it wrapped soon (just started World 4). I think part of the problem is they frontload the game with the more visually interesting/appealing worlds. World 3 is monotonous as hell to look at and 4 doesn't seem much better so far.

I hope Brad gets far enough to reach
phantom of the bwahpera. That was great.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Starting to get a touch of Mario rabbids fatigue, id be ok if it wrapped soon (just started World 4). I think part of the problem is they frontload the game with the more visually interesting/appealing worlds. World 3 is monotonous as hell to look at and 4 doesn't seem much better so far.

It is a Ubisoft game after all.

BTA

I'm about to do that next time I play and I wish they hadn't shown it off pre-release given that it's 3/4 of the way through the game? I didn't watch but I know it exists as a result, obviously, and it would have been a fun surprise.

Mr. F

Banned
It is a Ubisoft game after all.

Ohh I don't know, I've been pretty satisfied otherwise and its abundantly clear a lot of love went into the game.

I'm about to do that next time I play and I wish they hadn't shown it off pre-release given that it's 3/4 of the way through the game? I didn't watch but I know it exists as a result, obviously, and it would have been a fun surprise.

Yeah it's weird they would ruin that, definitely one of the more pleasant surprises.

BTA

I made a Shine spreadsheet up through last episode; I'll share it once today's is up and I can update it.

I forgot to document colors well pre-episode 5 or 6 though.

Mr. F

Banned
Seeing some of the junk that's shown up on the Switch eShop makes me wish Vinny and Jeff were in the same office to recapture the wii-shovelware-era quicklook magic

TraBuch

Banned
Know what would be a good revival? SOCOM. I think there should be a new SOCOM. SOCOM 2 is inarguably the greatest console tactical shooter ever.

You can't argue it.

Tubobutts

The Mario Party Mini game thing comes out just in time for Dan to have a month to convince the rest of the crew to play it during GOTY.

Catching up on the Direct, and man, didn't ever expect to see Wolf on the Switch. Incredibly exciting to think that this might be the beginning of increased third-party support for 'core' games or whatever the hell we're calling them.

Also, I took advantage of the PSN sale and added Root Letter to my ever-expanding list of Vita VNs :lol (wish I was willing to mod my Vita so I could use Moonlight to play Fata Morgana handheld.)

TraBuch

Banned
Catching up on the Direct, and man, didn't ever expect to see Wolf on the Switch. Incredibly exciting to think that this might be the beginning of increased third-party support for 'core' games or whatever the hell we're calling them.

Also, I took advantage of the PSN sale and added Root Letter to my ever-expanding list of Vita VNs :lol (wish I was willing to mod my Vita so I could use Moonlight to play Fata Morgana handheld.)
If Doom and Wolfenstein flop, that'll be the end of big budget third party games on the Switch.

Top Bottom