• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've been checking out 80s-90s rock music I missed from my younger years lately(because I was shallow). A lot of stuff I really love, like Nirvana

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
I was a life long Nirvana fan but a few years ago during Covid I stumbled across the Alice in Chains acoustic show and I was drawn in just like I was when I discovered the Nirvana acoustic show 25 years ago. AIC are absolutely incredible and just as good if not better than Nirvana in my humble opinion.

RAÏSanÏa

The emo remark in the op got me wondering what bands those might be. Imagining some overlaps with the goths but the similarity with the hair might be misleading.

January 1980

Sept 1990

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The 1980ies had incredible new wave/alternative rock bands. Here's a few favorites:

Mobilemofo

Did the same recently. Nirvana were never all that apart from the obvious song. I found them to be over hyped. Recently had a two year run through of all guns n roses work. Absolutely remarkable some of their work. Some trash of course but man, tunes like you could be mine really got the blood flowing. I'd describe the band as a stick of dynamite. (Back then)

TwiztidElf

PWEI (Pop Will Eat Itself).
For a period they use Designers Republic artwork imagery on all their stuff, including their album covers, the same as Wipeout games, giving them a futuristic feel.

As much as I respect Graeme, and I know Rich and Adam are back with the band now also, without Clint it'll never truly be PWEI IMO. Maybe, hopefully one day a true reunion.
Clint Mansell has been doing amazing movie scores since 2000, and they always stand out.

b3hUBP3.png

xLTlQNf.png

Top Bottom