• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

BTA

I got barely any sleep last night (think it's clear I need to actually bring my CPAP when I crash at friends' places) so I just tried to nap for an hour or two when I got home. I fell back asleep, twice, and now it's 5 PM instead of 3 PM. Turns out I was not bad at napping in the way I expected to be.

now going to eat what was supposed to be lunch as my first dinner and hope I didn't screw over my ability to sleep tonight too and play games for the next 6 or so hours as originally intended

Ashby

I got barely any sleep last night (think it's clear I need to actually bring my CPAP when I crash at friends' places) so I just tried to nap for an hour or two when I got home. I fell back asleep, twice, and now it's 5 PM instead of 3 PM. Turns out I was not bad at napping in the way I expected to be.

now going to eat what was supposed to be lunch as my first dinner and hope I didn't screw over my ability to sleep tonight too and play games for the next 6 or so hours as originally intended

Please be diligent about using your CPAP machine.

do you think Brad Muir is happy having gone from being the lead on his own games at Double Fine to making a Dota 2 card game at Valve

I'm sure the money's real nice but he always struck me as someone that wouldn't like to be pigeonholed

BTA

Please be diligent about using your CPAP machine.

I thankfully only have mild sleep apnea and I can count the number of times in the past 5 years that I haven't used it on one hand (and, actually- I slept mostly fine those times, huh), but you're correct regardless. It's annoying to travel with (and this was just by train and not plane, which, ugh) but not something really worth the risks of not using.

do you think Brad Muir is happy having gone from being the lead on his own games at Double Fine to making a Dota 2 card game at Valve

I'm sure the money's real nice but he always struck me as someone that wouldn't like to be pigeonholed
I'm sure as a father he's happy to not have to deal with the stress of leading whole projects for a niche developer that lives Kickstarter to Kickstarter

Mr. F

Banned
I'm sure as a father he's happy to not have to deal with the stress of leading whole projects for a niche developer that lives Kickstarter to Kickstarter

I was going to say something along the same lines. There might be trade offs in terms of impact or creative vision but DoubleFine is like the west coast Harmonix in that they seem to barely stay afloat even at the best of times

KingKong

I think the Dota card game can be legit good

there's only a few details but it seems way different from hearthstone or magic or gwent and all the heroes and abilities have already been tested and balanced and refined for years

patapuf

Muir loves both, Dota and Card games. It seems like he gets to make a game he likes

Looking back on things, would it have been a smarter choice to hire a video producer first before an editor?

This isnt anti Ben just from a operational perspective you would think you would want to have that nailed down first since the site is so video focused.

Looking back on things, would it have been a smarter choice to hire a video producer first before an editor?

This isnt anti Ben just from a operational perspective you would think you would want to have that nailed down first since the site is so video focused.
Drew left several months after Dan moved, so the hiring process (which needs to go through the CBSi bureaucracy) just started later.

Dan left before Drew left. They put out the editor position out first and they couldn't put out the video producer position until Drew actually left.

robotrock

Banned
I think Janina is too good to be a voice actor for Breath of the Wild. Unless NoA is taking those complaints about BOTW's VA really seriously and are addressing them for the expansion.

Lari

I just watched the megadate, Janina was a great guest. The game they played looked a bit boring tho. I dislike games that don't seem to have a goal, like minecraft or whatever.

Really looking forward to Abby's halloween series!

- J - D -

I wonder what the format will be. Does she just sample from a bunch of different horror games? I say pick a couple good ones and do an endurance run of them.

BTA

I wonder what the format will be. Does she just sample from a bunch of different horror games? I say pick a couple good ones and do an endurance run of them.

She said it was 6 episodes, right? So it's probably 6 different games?

I hope some of them are legitimately good and some are hilariously terrible.

BTA

I feel silly for spoiler tagging that while everyone is talking openly about it... lol

I feel like spoiler tagging an announcement is kinda silly? But we also don't even spoiler tag the actual content most of the time, hah.

I do it for recent videos like xcorps or bite but its more out of consideration for the people who seem to mind.

I think that makes more sense than turning a thread into black bars over the single thing the thread exists to discuss. Like don't jump into a GB GOTY thread if you aren't current and care about GB "spoilers."

BTA

I mean I think it is unfortunate that we don't for stuff like Exquisite Corps, which actually has thrilling moments where you don't know what'll happen and goes up early on Monday and people might not have time to watch before work and such.

But I also gave up on tagging because no one else really was, so I'm not any better.

- J - D -

She said it was 6 episodes, right? So it's probably 6 different games?

I hope some of them are legitimately good and some are hilariously terrible.

Did she say that? Okay, I missed it. If that's the case then I don't think she'll finish most of them. And that's fine.

Catvoca

Banned
I rarely watch GB stuff live so spoiler tags are nice. I don't usually care about spoilers though, only with competitive series like Mario Party Party, or maybe if a big twist happens in SMS.

robotrock

Banned
I really appreciate spoiler tagging in the GOTY Bombcast threads. They put out like 3+ hours of content every day and I definitely don’t have the time to listen to all of it throughout the Holiday break.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think the thought is more that "if you haven't consumed the content why are you in the discussion thread for it?"

That said i generally don't care about goty spoilers seeing that I'll read the article before listening to the podcast.

robotrock

Banned
I think the thought is more that "if you haven't consumed the content why are you in the discussion thread for it?"

That said i generally don't care about goty spoilers seeing that I'll read the article before listening to the podcast.
I want to read what people thought about Dan’s argument in say, Episode 2 or something, after Episode 5 just came out. I don’t see how this is any different from spoiler tagging discussion on a recent Netflix show.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I want to read what people thought about Dan’s argument in say, Episode 2 or something, after Episode 5 just came out. I don’t see how this is any different from spoiler tagging discussion on a recent Netflix show.

Netflix shows are released all at once though. It's not a day to day discussion like the GOTY week.

I mean whatever though, I still spoiler my posts because it's more about how others feel about it than me personally.

hamchan

I'm not gonna spoiler any of my posts during GOTY time btw.

Unless it is for the story related awards, then i will spoiler them.

Top Bottom