• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Damnit, Bloodborne fans are all crazy. Wrong yeah brah as Guilty Gear won in 2014, only clear robbery this time round was MGS getting a spot in best music over Undertale.

Still got robbed!! Nah I just thought it was super loopy that Xrd won. It's a one trick pony and there's more to aesthetics than that. That's all.

Still got robbed!! Nah I just thought it was super loopy that Xrd won. It's a one trick pony and there's more to aesthetics than that. That's all.

I think a large part of why it won is because it was so striking in a year where nothing really had stand-out graphics.

PkPRoUk.gif

I've always liked the idea of trying to take fighting game franchises and doing non-fighting game stuff with them. I always wanted to try out the Samurai Showdown RPG but that shit never came over.

daydream

Banned
gonna be blunt here and say they need to get their shit together with regard to premium content

even disregarding this particular upf, not every one can be a winner

gonna be blunt here and say they need to get their shit together with regard to premium content

Given that a lot of premium series are nearing a conclusion (Project BEAST, Metal Gear Scanlon, possibly VinnyVania) now seems like a good opportunity for them to start shaking shit up.

Or just make more Game Tapes and Demo Derby. That'd be cool too.

Chuck

Still without luck
^B.E.A.S.T. was actually never premium. Took me a while to realize that.

they just need to stop playing metal gear

and bring back lols

Bowlie

Banned
Given that a lot of premium series are nearing a conclusion (Project BEAST, Metal Gear Scanlon, possibly VinnyVania) now seems like a good opportunity for them to start shaking shit up.

Kerbal wasn't premium.

I'd want at least another regular premium show.

Completely forgot about MGS when I was thinking over the premium series in my head. I hope with that ending Dan will come up with some new cool shit to do. He's been pretty good about introducing new ideas.

daydream

Banned

frequency and regularity are the bigger points for me

there were times where they did two qls a day and a lot of memorable premium stuff on top of that. it's but a distant memory these days

I'm personally fine with the GBeast content, I just wish West was more consistent, feels like they have about 5 different shows that are all over the place.

hamchan

Is it just me or is this Dracula boss battle really easy?

Vinny has faced what seems like the same boss too in Castlevania 1, I don't know why he's dying.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
frequency and regularity are the bigger points for me

there were times where they did two qls a day and a lot of memorable premium stuff on top of that. it's but a distant memory these days

The 2 10 hour streams they did these 2 weeks probably didn't help.

Vinny has faced what seems like the same boss too in Castlevania 1, I don't know why he's dying.
It's easy because it's basically the same fight as the one in CV1 only not as bullshitty. It's also like the first thing you do in SOTN so if you ever played that then you have that practice coming into this, too.

But yeah, the previous stage was the hardest part of the whole game.

Is the version of the fight in SotN actually harder than the real one (besides obviously not being resurrected by Maria if you die)? Maybe it's because I've played that intro way too many times, but it doesn't seem like it would be too hard.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

He beat that boss two full years ago and it took him an hour of trying to finish it then

Also for what it's worth I think I beat SOTN three times before I found out you could actually win against Dracula at the start

And this topic was actually brought up numerous times in the past couple of threads.

Gee it's like it's a problem for people who are paying money to GB.

I would like to have something more consistent. Premium doesn't really feel like much when so many of their streams are free anyway. Where's unplugged, or book club, or that movie thing they did once?

I agree it'd be nice to have more premium stuff but it's not like I feel ripped off.

I am one of the few who hate the podcast ads so that's nice for me.

Is the version of the fight in SotN actually harder than the real one (besides obviously not being resurrected by Maria if you die)? Maybe it's because I've played that intro way too many times, but it doesn't seem like it would be too hard.

Nah, the SOTN version is easier because there are no stakes on winning or losing. As in the game will still continue. This is the real deal, while way easier then all the bosses in the game it's still a challenge compared to SOTN. The fight however is the same in SOTN.

Gee it's like it's a problem for people who are paying money to GB.

I would like to have something more consistent. Premium doesn't really feel like much when so many of their streams are free anyway. Where's unplugged, or book club, or that movie thing they did once?

It goes both ways.

Sometimes it seems like they have a bunch of premium stuff and the free people have to get by on the bombcast and 2 QL's a week.

But yeah. Consistent output of content has never been a strong thing for GB. Paid or otherwise.

I don't actually know which version is harder, but he's certainly not the most trying part of RoB by any stretch of the imagination

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
yeah, i could have brought up the same point two weeks ago or six weeks ago, doesn't matter

lack of a semi-regular premium schedule has been a problem for a good while now

Looking back to 6 weeks ago, we do have the debut of game tapes. Also start of rondo of blood.

I don't disagree necessarily but I feel like it's because they're also trying to move more stuff that would be premium in the past to free now. Giantbomb makes mario and kerbal beast would have been premium series in the past.

I agree it'd be nice to have more premium stuff but it's not like I feel ripped off.

I am one of the few who hate the podcast ads so that's nice for me.

Like daydream said, I don't really need more content, just consistent content. I kind of don't know what I'm paying for anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom