• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, have you seen the thread title

big brother probably made a separate list for us a long time ago

Suspicious Duders

We can be put on multiple lists!

Also I have secretly wished that someone would mistake this thread for that one 9/11 conspiracy thread(might not be around anymore) and have been sad it hasn't happened yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
On one hand, R&C is being delivering by UPS so I probably won't see it before I go to work because, for some reason, UPS likes to deliver to me at the very last every day.

On the other hand, I got it for 30 dollars due to Prime.

Megasoum

Banned
I bought Enter the Gungeon over the lunch break today.

Game looks fun but the button mapping feels... Weird... I imagine I'll get used to it.

Also I can barely get 30fps when running it in 720p windowed on my work laptop lol.

Game looks fun but the button mapping feels... Weird... I imagine I'll get used to it.

Also I can barely get 30fps when running it in 720p windowed on my work laptop lol.
Pretty sure you can freely change the bindings.

I want to play Dark Souls 3 but the sun is shinning right onto the TV so I am sitting here waiting for the sun to fuck off.

I should really invest in better curtains.

yeah the default mapping is kind of assy, but you can remap everything.

I moved dodge/roll to LT, blank to LB, both RT and RB are shoot. R3 uses items. putting the map on LT was an odd choice.

For Gungeon I remapped blank to B on my 360 controller. Having to click in both sticks added a slight delay that hurt its use as an "oh shit!" button since I always seemed to be getting hit a split second before it deployed. I might change that to LT for even quicker deployment.

For Gungeon I remapped blank to B on my 360 controller. Having to click in both sticks added a slight delay that hurt its use as an "oh shit!" button since I always seemed to be getting hit a split second before it deployed.

because of the weird bumpers on the XBO controller, having blank on LB makes it a really effective "oh shit" button because if I panic and try to mash the dodge button I usually end up firing a blank and saving my ass that way

you can get blackout curtains for pretty cheap, amigo

Its been on my "to do" list for like... 5 years.

I also moved the PS4 to the bedroom since with work hours now means I dont have as much late night free time anymore and day time was other people TV time. I need that time for sleep now.

Also the dude in Gamestop was giving me the hard sell for protection plan and the season pass for DS3 today.

"this game is hard as nails. You might break the disc"

LOL.

Also the dude in Gamestop was giving me the hard sell for protection plan and the season pass for DS3 today.

LOL.

you know, we laugh, but I know two people IRL who broke Dark Souls discs in frustration, and I bought a copy of Bloodborne off of a third friend a week after it came out for $20 because he was mad at it and wanted it out of his house

because of the weird bumpers on the XBO controller, having blank on LB makes it a really effective "oh shit" button because if I panic and try to mash the dodge button I usually end up firing a blank and saving my ass that way
Wait, is roll normally on the bumpers for the Xbox controller? If so then that sounds awful, those aren't the kind of buttons I want to be hitting frequently.

LiK

you know, we laugh, but I know two people IRL who broke Dark Souls discs in frustration, and I bought a copy of Bloodborne off of a third friend a week after it came out for $20 because he was mad at it and wanted it out of his house

Geez, I'll never understand people raging over a video game enough to break stuff.

Geez, I'll never understand people raging over a video game enough to break stuff.

I used to break a lot of those old shitty ps1 and ps2 controller knock offs. You hold those controllers even slightly more than normal and they cracked.

Once I witnessed a friend's brother throw his playstation pad into his TV, breaking both. Got real awkward when he suggested moving the playstation to another TV afterwards.

image.php

Once I witnessed a friend's brother throw his playstation pad into his TV, breaking both. Got real awkward when he suggested moving the playstation to another TV afterwards.

Megasoum

Banned
Wait, is roll normally on the bumpers for the Xbox controller? If so then that sounds awful, those aren't the kind of buttons I want to be hitting frequently.

To be fair of you have of those new XB1 controllers then the bumpers are not really an issue anymore.

Doesn't make the actual ingame bindings any better tho.

I'm thinking about at least swapping roll and reload right now. Maybe swap shoot and use item too.

StoveOven

Banned

I could see breaking a controller because it is already in your hands, but going through the trouble of ejecting the disc to break it is really funny to me.

The one time I tossed my controller in Bloodborne I actually ended up still being alive with a fraction of health, lol. Thankfully I had just dropped it, not actually thrown it, so I scrambled and picked it up and ended up winning the fight (against Vicar Amelia).

I could see breaking a controller because it is already in your hands, but going through the trouble of ejecting the disc to break it is really funny to me.

Yeah, I'm imagining hitting the eject button, waiting a few seconds for the system to stop running the game, a full second of the system smoothly ejecting the disc, and THEN the disc breaking.

LiK

The most I would do is curse and slam my hands on the couch outta frustration. Never threw controllers or anything like that. Sometimes it's best to just take a break.

I've only broken a disc once and it was a celebratory event -- in high school, me and some friends spent a few hours one night trying to beat American Gladiators for the NES via emulation on the Dreamcast. When we finally triumphed, we ejected the disc and smashed it with a hammer in what I have to imagine was some kind of ritualistic banishment of the game's spirit.

(It seemed hilarious at the time.)

Its been on my "to do" list for like... 5 years.

I also moved the PS4 to the bedroom since with work hours now means I dont have as much late night free time anymore and day time was other people TV time. I need that time for sleep now.

LOL.

My Gamestop lady said almost the same thing. "Do you want to get disc protection for $3 in case you snap the disc in half?"

I wonder if that was some talking point sent out by corporate?

jaina

Surprised they reported on Evolution Studios being closed by Sony but not about the team being picked up by Codemasters.
I assume you mean as news article? May they'll get around to it. I'd prefer an update on the initial article, but don't know if they can put that back on the front page again.

I started playing Infamous First Light and I legit can't take it serious with Dan Ryckert's face a literally every other Akuran enemy, it's low key ruining my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom