• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nostalgia?
Tehy are weird with fighters anyway. Jeff saying he does now know anyone to play KI with. Uhm... play online, it's not SFV :p

For a guy who values fluidity of movement above everything else I'm surprised he likes mortal kombat so much. It always feels so fucking stiff to me.

Yup... Required by law in Québec... Ugh

Weird, I took a test that literally took me a day's study to complete and that's all the theory I had.

Because anime fighters are generally just too damn chaotic.

That's what makes it fun though!

LiK

For a guy who values fluidity of movement above everything else I'm surprised he likes mortal kombat so much. It always feels so fucking stiff to me.

Jeff and Jason actually liked Nitro+ Blasterz. Jeff just needs to give more anime fighters a chance.

Antiwhippy

Is that weird?

I dunno, in australia it's mostly about the hours you have driven. Though when you turn 21, you can forgo that also as long as you pass your driving test.

Which is pretty much what I did. Waited till I was 22, took a few lessons, and passed first go. Only theory was the small little test they gave before I had my learners.

hamchan

Mortal Kombat has always felt really terrible to play imo but y'know, blood and guts are pretty fun so I still end up playing them.

SFV is the king for a fighting game that feels amazing.

LiK

We don't have driving theory classes here unless they added that long after I took the tests when I was teen. That's just weird. We have exams to test your knowledge of the rules and you take driving tests and that's it.

hamchan

Yeah here in Australia we are just given a booklet with the driving rules and then told "don't be a dumb cunt"

That's the extent of our theory.

derFeef

I can't imagine how that would work here, nowadays. So much cars, people, bikes and stuff to thnk about on the road - you have to have some theory beforehand. Not to mention some traffic rules are still alien to some and that's how accidents happen.

Antiwhippy

Funniest thing about my driving test was that I spent most of my time practicing 3-point parking and they didn't even evaluate that during the test.

LiK

I spent more time learning to drive from my dad and a driving school than the actual test. It was pretty quick. I think I only spent a few weeks learning and then took the exam and passed it first try. Had no trouble parallel parking which was part of it.

Also, Ace Combat actually made me a better driver because it made me understand the feel of turning in a car. Don't ask me why but it helped me learn to drive.

derFeef

I still can't do parallel parking very well after 15 years, it's like my brain blacks out when I try to.
It's a burdon I will suffer from my whole life I guess...

I just did drivers ed at high school since I had electives to burn anyhow. Just had to take a form to the local DMV and take a picture when it was over.

you kids with your theories and such, modern times man

Perhaps you can use this opportunity to discover fellow GB fans in your office?

Before smashing them with his keyboard.

Yeah, hopefully Brad plays it, seems like his jam. Game impresses me in many ways and it's a Remedy game at heart. The platforming sections are garbage though, why Remedy...
Jeff is also waaaayy off in terms of choices you make. If you are not rolling with Nick, you done goofed.

I finished it yesterday and I enjoyed it. It's a good game with great moments that has the potential to be great on the whole but isn't. I wish it was more focused because the FMV's did nothing for me even though they were better made then I thought they were going to be but here's the thing and this game shares the same problem with Alan Wake.

The collectibles in this game are incredibly important. Much like Alan Wake if you aren't reading and noticing all the details around you then you're going to miss alot of the story and thus it'll be lackluster to you in the end. I mean to give an example,
you'll get to know about shifters and what they are capable of.
That's just one example out of the many in the game so, if Brad enjoyed AW then he'll enjoy this one especially with the superior gunplay(heck, I didn't even know that if you held the button that threw Time Blast, it turns it into a grenade instead of a bubble until I was at the end) but AW has the superior main character and I would say that the story in AW is more interesting but this one is still good.

As for the ending, both are unsatisfying in their own ways but QB is less so. However, that was fixed with AW's DL's so, it could be the same thing with QB. I just wish that the collectibles in both those games don't flesh out the world/characters but give depth to them only, use the game itself to flesh out the world/characters. Using collectibles to flesh out characters or the world will make many people miss out on tons of detail and thus they'll end up saying the story/characters are boring and bland. I will say this though that QB has probably one of the funniest collectible I came across in a long time about a guy's screenplay.

I paid something like 400 bucks to go to driving classes early and all it was was watching horrible videos and seeing horrible crashes and then driving with an instructor. It felt like such a cash exploit since it was required for license at 16 but at the same time taught almost nothing.

I paid something like 400 bucks to go to driving classes early and all it was was watching horrible videos and seeing horrible crashes and then driving with an instructor. It felt like such a cash exploit since it was required for license at 16 but at the same time taught almost nothing.

I took one of those classes to knock some points off my license, my experience was very much the same. very odd.

Megasoum

Banned

Yeah it's around 1000$ here and takes a year to complete. It's a mix of theory classes and driving sorties with an instructor.

The numbers in that image are theory classes. It's spread over a year because the law here says that you need to have your learner's permit for a full year before you can have your real permit so you do the first phase which consists of only theory classes and then you get your learner's and then you have a year of classes and sorties...

roadsafety_en.jpg

Bacon

Has anyone dealt with issues with their Xbox one wired controller losing connection to their PC before? I have to unplug the usb cable and replug it back in when this happens and it's been happening pretty frequently. It can be a real bitch in dsIII because I'll be in the middle of a fight and lose connection and just immediately die. Google hasn't been a big help so figured I'd ask here just in case.

Has anyone dealt with issues with their Xbox one wired controller losing connection to their PC before? I have to unplug the usb cable and replug it back in when this happens and it's been happening pretty frequently. It can be a real bitch in dsIII because I'll be in the middle of a fight and lose connection and just immediately die. Google hasn't been a big help so figured I'd ask here just in case.

the micro usb port on the controller is notoriously shitty and tends to stop functioning well after a while of use

you might want to start looking into a wireless receiver instead.

Jeff is taking calls and his ring tone is somehow now the default one rather than Space Harrier. This is a bummer.

EDIT - Ranking of Fighters likely going to a prerecorded format. Old Games Show and Demo Derby aren't dead. Video stuff from the podcast studio happening soon-ish.

Wunder

Jeff is taking calls and his ring tone is somehow now the default one rather than Space Harrier. This is a bummer.

EDIT - Ranking of Fighters likely going to a prerecorded format. Old Games Show and Demo Derby aren't dead. Video stuff from the podcast studio happening soon-ish.

i need me video pods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom