• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Went back and listened to Jeff's opinions of Quantum Break on Bombcast. I strongly disagree with some of his opinions. The game looks gorgeous so I'm not sure why he said it doesn't look good. The faces for some actors especially Shawn Ashmore is Until Dawn-quality and animate super well. The locations are also quite destructible. You can literally shoot almost everything and they break with their own physics. I was pretty impressed with that. I'm hoping maybe someone else can play it for themselves and see if they like it. Game ain't perfect but I enjoyed it.

derFeef

Went back and listened to Jeff's opinions of Quantum Break on Bombcast. I strongly disagree with some of his opinions. The game looks gorgeous so I'm not sure why he said it doesn't look good. The faces for some actors especially Shawn Ashmore is Until Dawn-quality and animate super well. The locations are also quite destructible. You can literally shoot almost everything and they break with their own physics. I was pretty impressed with that. I'm hoping maybe someone else can play it for themselves and see if they like it. Game ain't perfect but I enjoyed it.

Yeah, hopefully Brad plays it, seems like his jam. Game impresses me in many ways and it's a Remedy game at heart. The platforming sections are garbage though, why Remedy...
Jeff is also waaaayy off in terms of choices you make. If you are not rolling with Nick, you done goofed.

Alex played it and didn't like it.

He likes it, parts of it, just not the sum of it.

Zaph

the 3DO had kind of an amazing lineup of games with amazing mid-90s titles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3DO_Interactive_Multiplayer_games

I own this piece of garbage, but it's hilarious

I remember being very jealous of my cousin who had a 3DO. But this is coming from someone who doesn't regret owning a Sega CD, Sega Saturn and this monstrosity.

I don't even know what words it is trying to portmanteau.

Immortal mercenary? Regardless, it looks incredible.

LiK

Alex played it and didn't like it.

Alex and Jeff have very similar tastes so I'm not surprised. I'd rather hear what Vinny and Austin thinks of it if they ever get to it.

Yeah, hopefully Brad plays it, seems like his jam. Game impresses me in many ways and it's a Remedy game at heart. The platforming sections are garbage though, why Remedy...
Jeff is also waaaayy off in terms of choices you make. If you are not rolling with Nick, you done goofed.

Yea, maybe Brad can check it out for the time travel story which I liked. I guess Dan was soured from the QL and Jeff's comments so I doubt he'll check it out anytime soon.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

He sounded pretty negative about it on the beastcast.

derFeef

Yea, maybe Brad can check it out for the time travel story which I liked. I guess Dan was soured from the QL and Jeff's comments so I doubt he'll check it out anytime soon.

That's what bothers me the most, he made it sound super awul and the others agreed with "that's a shame" on the bombcast. It's a game worth checking out.

That's what bothers me the most, he made it sound super awul and the others agreed with "that's a shame" on the bombcast. It's a game worth checking out.

I think most the other guys will see that its worth checking out though. Just looking at the crazy variance in reviews make me think it's a game that should be checked out no matter what I think going into it.

LiK

Ugh being 27 and getting a drivers license was a mistake. Damn kids all around me taking the test.
what took you so long?

I think most the other guys will see that its worth checking out though. Just looking at the crazy variance in reviews make me think it's a game that should be checked out no matter what I think going into it.

It's a big AAA game by Remedy. They should all give it a chance. Def worth playing through. Not a long game either.

I forgot to mention that QB does headshots right. If the guy doesn't have a helmet on, one headshot is instant death. Very satisfying like in MGSV.

derFeef

Is the QB quicklook bad? I don't want to watch it because I know I will reagequit anyway because I simply can't agree with Jeff at all on it.

Bullshit. It's more like, I would like more than one person to check out a big release and so we can hear another person's opinions on it. If they agree with Jeff, fine.

And maybe correct him on the choices.

daydream

Banned
Bullshit. It's more like, I would like more than one person to check out a big release and so we can hear another person's opinions in it. If they agree with Jeff, fine.

i'm just teasing, i have been enduring their opinions on nintendo games for eight years now so i know how it feels

Is the QB quicklook bad? I don't want to watch it because I know I will reagequit anyway because I simply can't agree with Jeff at all on it.

I honestly dont remember much shooting in the QL even though it's like 45 minutes long or something. The stuff shown was pretty uninteresting tbh but that might just be the game being what it is.

Still, I've followed Remedy since MP1 so I'll likely play QB at some point, for dirt cheap, hopefully after they unfuck the PC version

Bullshit. It's more like, I would like more than one person to check out a big release and so we can hear another person's opinions on it. If they agree with Jeff, fine.

Here are the people who have played it and talked about it:
Both Jeffs
Drew
Alex

None of them loved it, all of them pretty much agree with Jeff's opinion on the game.

I mean how many more people do you need to play it before you can sleep easily at night?

LiK

And maybe correct him on the choices.

Jeff jumped around the game's chapters and basically explained why he didn't like it. I dunno, it was kinda weird how he didn't just play through one of the early chapters. Most of the opinions are rehashed from the Bombcast discussion so not worth watching if you already heard his opinions on it.

I honestly dont remember much shooting in the QL even though it's like 45 minutes long or something. The stuff shown was pretty uninteresting tbh but that might just be the game being what it is.

Still, I've followed Remedy since MP1 so I'll likely play QB at some point, for dirt cheap, hopefully after they unfuck the PC version

Both Jeffs
Drew
Alex

None of them loved it, all of them pretty much agree with Jeff's opinion on the game.

I mean how many more people do you need to play it before you can sleep easily at night?

The last sentence in your comment is dickish and unnecessary. Ignored.

derFeef

Jeff jumped around the game's chapters and basically explained why he didn't like it. I dunno, it was kinda weird how he didn't just play through one of the early chapters. Most of the opinions are rehashed from the Bombcast discussion so not worth watching if you already heard his opinions on it.

Well that sounds awful.

Both Jeffs
Drew
Alex

Jeff B and Alex did not seem to hate it as much as Jeff, and Alex even like parts of it iirc. It has nothing to do with sleeping at night or agreeing with me, but having more than a one-sided discussion - we know Drew can't express his opinion as heavily as Jeff, if at all.

Strax

what took you so long?

I've never lived more then a 20-25 min bus ride away from schools/jobs and my friends/past girlfriends have had a licence. I'm doing this now because being a freelance filmmaker without a licence is a hassle.

LiK

I've never lived more then a 20-25 min bus ride away from schools/jobs and my friends/past girlfriends have had a licence. I'm doing this now because being a freelance filmmaker without a licence is a hassle.

Oh, yea, I knew someone who lived next to the subway so he never got a license even in his 20's as well.

Haha... Yeah, I'm doing it at 32 right now and I just want to punch the fucking 17yo morons inbthe class... Ugh

Taking driving tests? Should be fine.

you do you, i wasn't being serious but meh. you're coming off drive club-ish about QB and trying to validate your opinion through the staff. who cares what other people think about a game if you like it?

I liked the Order and the Gears remake much more than Jeff did but you don't see me pushing that the staff play the game to make me feel better about it. And the witcher 3 was GOTY material but when no one played past the Bloody Baron I wasn't making a stink about it ::shrugs::

Jeff B and Alex did not seem to hate it as much as Jeff, and Alex even like parts of it iirc. It has nothing to do with sleeping at night or agreeing with me, but having more than a one-sided discussion - we know Drew can't express his opinion as heavily as Jeff, if at all.

I don't even get the sense that Jeff hates it more than he's disappointed by QB. Which given Remedy's pedigree I can totally get, they've put out stellar game after game so if they release a meh TPS with some weird TV show hooks that don't work then I can see how someone would be disappointed given their history of excellent releases. The one thing that everyone on the staff that has played it seems to agree on is that it's disappointing.

Like i said, i'll check it out in the future but I'll keep my expectations in check

all caught up with MGS. i await the grand finale.

I can't imagine how thrilled Drew must be to be done with this.

"After MGS4, I was taken from the studio. Neither truly done nor truly started, an undying Drew in a world of Ryckerts. But soon...soon it will finally end. Dan, we're not tools of CBS Interactive, or anyone else. Flight sims...were the only thing i was good at, but...at least, I always flew what i believed in. Dan, farewell"

derFeef

I don't even get the sense that Jeff hates it more than he's disappointed by QB. Which given Remedy's pedigree I can totally get, they've put out stellar game after game so if they release a meh TPS with some weird TV show hooks that don't work then I can see how someone would be disappointed given their history of excellent releases.

He disliked Alan Wake heavily as well, so that argument does not work at all.

He liked the Max Payne games.

He did I know, but QB is more in line with AW than MP.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh, yea, I knew someone who lived next to the subway so he never got a license even in his 20's as well.

Taking driving tests? Should be fine.

The actual driving part is fun and easy... It's the 2 hours long theory classes every other weeks that are making me crazy. Those kids are so fucking dumb.

Strax

Icelanders are so weird about taking a bus. The Reykjavík area has maybe over 150 thousand but people demand a public transport system that would suit a city of 1 million. If you have to wait more then 15 mins people complain even tho you can go end to end of the city in less then 40 mins. Everbody got a licence from the age of 17 and if you don't you are considered strange.

I haven't even told my friends and family I'm taking the test and I'm going to until I've got in my hands.

The actual driving part is fun and easy... It's the 2 hours long theory classes every other weeks that are making me crazy. Those kids are so fucking dumb.

I took those classes online. I'm just taking about the written test itself.

Wait, you have to take theory class for driving?

Same here. We also have to take a test driving in bad road conditions and are made to loose control of the car and deal with it in the right way.

derFeef

They still disliked playing it though.

Why can't they see the superiority of anime fighters instead of stiff ass mortal kombat?

Nostalgia?
Tehy are weird with fighters anyway. Jeff saying he does now know anyone to play KI with. Uhm... play online, it's not SFV :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom