• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

So was there a beast stream?

Yep. They played a bunch of random games. Vinny played Factorio and Hearts of Stone. Alex was going to play Ratchet, but I stopped during the Witcher section so I don't know if they got there. Austin was out of the office. It was good from what I saw.

Unprofessional Fridays: 04/15/2016

2842120-upf0415.jpg

Drew's aura is strong, Brad's up to old tricks, Rorie takes a leap, and Dan revs up his inner dog. All this and a little more on UPF.

----

GBE Megadate (04/15/2016)

We play some Factorio, Witcher 3, Enter the Gungeon, and Ratchet & Clank! Great times with great games!

Lijik

Yep. They played a bunch of random games. Vinny played Factorio and Hearts of Stone. Alex was going to play Ratchet, but I stopped during the Witcher section so I don't know if they got there. Austin was out of the office. It was good from what I saw.

They did, they showed a decent chunk of the start of the game

How the hell does Jeff like The Division and hate Destiny? Anyone agree with him remember his actual reasons? Just seems like he hates Destiny over launch issues and likes Division for vague reasons.

How the hell does Jeff like The Division and hate Destiny? Anyone agree with him remember his actual reasons? Just seems like he hates Destiny over launch issues and likes Division for vague reasons.

Jeff does not unilaterally hate Destiny, he liked it during the high points - mostly the release of the Raids. Destiny is in the process of rotting away right now, so it is justifiably worth dismissing in its current state. The Division is still at a point where it is slowly offering new things, and still feels a bit fresh. With time, and a lack of continuous content, it will probably reach a lower point than it is at now. In fact if Destiny gets good content before the end of the year the balance of like/dislike between the two will shift for many people - not just Jeff.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jeff liked Destiny but didn't think there was enough of it. He always seemed angry with the wasted potential. He's already come to terms with the fact that he's not going to be playing the Division for a long time so the content isn't really a problem.

yami4ct

Damn, I just got (dark souls 3)
the dark sigil.

Am I going to die.

More than I already am anyway.

Nah. Spoilers for what it does:

As far as I can tell, it's only use is to unlock the secret ending. Every time you die, you add to your 'hollowing' stat once you have that. After certain amounts, you can go back to Yoel for another free level and Dark Sigil. Get 5 and it allows you to get the secret ending.

yami4ct

Alright, cool, might as well stick with it then.

Make sure you go back every so often because
there are a lot of things that can trigger Yoel's death in that game. It's basically certain to happen by some point.
. Also it makes your character look kinda gnarly the further you go which is why I decided against it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
there are a lot of things that can trigger Yoel's death in that game. It's basically certain to happen by some point.
. Also it makes your character look kinda gnarly the further you go which is why I decided against it.

Eh, my character already looks kind of gnarly anyway. Looked alright in CC but then the in-game shaders decided to puke all over it, so I kinda looked
hollowed
already.

yami4ct

Man I just reached a fucked up place in Dark Souls. I HATE THIS AREA

Is it poison? Poison area is pretty fucked up. The area I'm in that's spun off that is pretty messy too.

The damn Cathedral area basically has no bonfires and is relying completely on shortcuts for progress. Some nasty ambushes can really mess you up.

Wunder

Is it poison? Poison area is pretty fucked up. The area I'm in that's spun off that is pretty messy too.

The damn Cathedral area basically has no bonfires and is relying completely on shortcuts for progress. Some nasty ambushes can really mess you up.

yeah poison. I don't know how to get more purple moss and I'm all out. Shit lasts like fuckin 5 minutes.

Those fucking toad things that curse you don't help the situation either. Avoiding getting cursed while ticking down poison in a super slow sludge mire is not my idea of a fun time

I was sad when
Yoel
died. I got the
5 levels
from him and he was my best friend and then he went away.

Tubobutts

Does Giant Bomb not do office videos anymore? I miss the crazy videos they did at Whisky Media. :(
They've done a couple since they changed floors. People just need to send in less garbage like Amiibos Dan wants and more cool stuff like old game magazines, empty binders, and games they won't play.

hamchan

The poison area seems bad at first until you realize that the poison does barely any damage. I'm happy to let myself tick down super slowly and just estus once in a while to make progress. It's only toxic that you have to look out for.

Anyways, having finished Dark Souls 3 yesterday I have to say that the most fucked up area might be in the last half of the game,
Irithyll Dungeon. That place not only scared the shit out of me like the Tower of Latria in Demon's Souls, but the jailers are pretty hard to beat with them just looking at you causing your health to go down. Even when they get knocked down they still take off your health.

oti

Banned
Over 3h with multiple games? Now we're talking GB East, now we're talking.

I want scientists to scan Brad's brain while he's opening chests in video games.

Witcher 3 looks pretty good running on not my PS4

Gwent is the best part of Witcher 3, Vinny is Coocoo nuts.

I went from Xbone to PC at 60. Difference makes game so much better.

Also I am with Vinny, never played Gwent. Don't have any interest in it.

Over 3h with multiple games? Now we're talking GB East, now we're talking.

I want scientists to scan Brad's brain while he's opening chests in video games.

tumblr_o1u1uxlfWJ1u5eu8ao1_400.gif

Houndi101

Dan is gonna lose at Paxmania isn't he?

Edit: Watching Lang's promo and thought his mentor was Austin for a while
I really need to diversify my social circle

Xater

Heroes of the Storm is pretty fun

It's my favorite MOBA. Easier to get into and the matches are not that long. Also like the quick match idea if I just want to play with a specific hero for a while. Otherwise the league is tere if you want the full MOBA experience with picking guys.

jaina

Quite excited for Danny's new 'Tournament of Lies' podcast today.
Is that the one with his buds across the pond or another one?

Also curious about Rorie's Stream, need to figure out the time in CET
3PM - 8PM EST:
@rorie will be playing WoW raids! He's going to be tanking each raid for the first time so give him helpful tips! Also he might take some questions!
t1460836800z1.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Can get a bit much for me. As someone who doesn't really know new york outside of the general stuff you get from movies and TVs, they often sound really.... up their own ass? about new york.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom