• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I love the game myself, I'm sure GB will complain about it.

From the sound of it Jeff already set his mind on hating it anyway

There's not really any reason to think that they'll complain about it. Jeff has said that he's not interested as he doesn't really care for that type of shooter but he thinks it looks well made. It might not take the staff by storm but if Austin, Brad and Dan's reactions to the beta are any indication then it will probably have a couple of fans on the staff.

oti

Banned
I didn't know Brad and Jeff were SO tough on third or fourth installements of a series. At least I'm glad my stance isn't "well, it's already the third one in the series so meh". But I haven't been playing games as long as they have so what do I know. They have more context than me at this point.

Over at Easy Allies (the former GameTrailers guys), Kyle Bosman is doing a feature that reminds me of the type of thing that we'd see in Breaking Brad. It's called Bosman vs Wozniak, in which Kyle attempts to beat Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak's famous Tetris score. For a little bit of history, Steve submitted his high score of 546,145 under the alias of Evets Kainzow to Nintendo Power Magazine. Despite never even coming close to that score in the past, Kyle thinks he'll do it.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX7CQOTnV_M30i77P6xZa6lwVGAaooelH

that's the brand of clever only Apple founders can bring you

What I want to know is how do we know he didn't just write an arbitrary number? This was before online play, so he could've simply lied (not that I'm accusing him of that). It's just that that was more in the realm of possibility back then than it is today. With online leaderboards and streaming, you can easily show that your score is legitimate.

Dineren

Banned
What I want to know is how do we know he didn't just write an arbitrary number? This was before online play, so he could've simply lied (not that I'm accusing him of that). It's just that that was more in the realm of possibility back then than it is today. With online leaderboards and streaming, you can easily show that your score is legitimate.

I might be wrong, but I thought you were required to send in a picture of your score.

Over at Easy Allies (the former GameTrailers guys), Kyle Bosman is doing a feature that reminds me of the type of thing that we'd see in Breaking Brad. It's called Bosman vs Wozniak, in which Kyle attempts to beat Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak's famous Tetris score. For a little bit of history, Steve submitted his high score of 546,145 under the alias of Evets Kainzow to Nintendo Power Magazine. Despite never even coming close to that score in the past, Kyle thinks he'll do it.

This is cool

This makes me think of how I always thought it would be neat if someone at GB did a series where they try to learn how to speedrun a game. It'd have to be highly edited but it could be fun.

Myggen

I'm a fan of Easy Allies but have found this feature to be really boring. Good idea, but watching solo streams isn't my thing I guess.

StoveOven

Banned
Just finished watching the Beast stream, and I thought it was a lot of fun. I could go for more streams like that from them in the future.

Overwatch looks amazing but I hate how overly competitive I get. The better I get, the more I expect from myself and the angrier I get when I make mistakes. It's an annoying character flaw.

Overwatch looks amazing but I hate how overly competitive I get. The better I get, the more I expect from myself and the angrier I get when I make mistakes. It's an annoying character flaw.

The second you start getting good at a character switch to an opoosite role character and bam, you cant hate yourself for not knowing how to play it.

After all the VR talked finally tried Gear VR for like a minute. It's alright. Didn't really feel the sensation stuff (maybe the lens wasn't focusing), but I can see myself using something with better resolution if it's affordable. PS VR is kind of a stretch.

Is it worth getting a "cardboard" type thing just for funsies?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I would think cardboard would be worse than the gear vr when it comes to the quality of the lens and ability to adjust focus.

Is Final Fantasy 9 one of the good ones? I'm looking at it on Steam and looks more fantasy than anime.

It's not good. It's the least favorably remembered out of the PS1 games, below FF7 and FF8.

It really isn't all that worth it unless you REALLY wanna play through all the final fantasies.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the GBeast Playdate... It really bums me out that they always feel obligated to show a studio cam.... It doesn't add anything at all... ESPECIALLY for GBEast where you just see Vinny looking at a TV offscreen and the other two guys looking at their laptop...

Right now it just waste screen real estate and hides game stuff that is actually useful.

Also doesn't help that Vinny always put it like 200px away from each sides for some reason.

I would argue that the same is also kinda apply to GB West but at least they can incorporate the layout in a much better way and they actually have a rapport so the studio cam is useful from time to time.

Watching the GBeast Playdate... It really bums me out that they always feel obligated to show a studio cam.... It doesn't add anything at all... ESPECIALLY for GBEast where you just see Vinny looking at a TV offscreen and the other two guys looking at their laptop...

did they do PIP again? they actually had a good screen layout for the last Rondo video.

there's some merit to having faces on the screen for viewer engagement and yadda yadda, whatever I could go either way half the time. but the PIP stuff needs to go.

Right now it just waste screen real estate and hides game stuff that is actually useful.

Also doesn't help that Vinny always put it like 200px away from each sides for some reason.

I would argue that the same is also kinda apply to GB West but at least they can incorporate the layout in a much better way and they actually have a rapport so the studio cam is useful from time to time.

The only thing I don't like is that the wall behind Vinny is too short and you can see up and over it, whereas the wall behind Alex and Austin is always taller than the camera can see. I just think it would look more professional (HAHA, I know) if they made that wall higher. Also, I kind of liked the red they used to have (when the Dredd poster was used), but I believe they went blue due to the color of those walls.

Megasoum

Banned
The only thing I don't like is that the wall behind Vinny is too short and you can see up and over it, whereas the wall behind Alex and Austin is always taller than the camera can see. I just think it would look more professional (HAHA, I know) if they made that wall higher. Also, I kind of liked the red they used to have (when the Dredd poster was used), but I believe they went blue due to the color of those walls.

Well they could also zoom in... I mean... wtf is the point of that PIP? Their bodies take like 15% of the actual PIP

pvW0jXQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom